Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game patched and my saves don't load anymore

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
Took the February 6 update, went to load a lot and got as far as the loading screen and the game quit. Fair enough, that one needed MC Command Centre to run (and mods are disabled because it just patched). I went back in and tried another lot that doesn't need MC Command Centre because there are only 8 sims there and got the same result. Going to try again and perhaps turn mods back on and see if anything changes

EDIT: One lot loaded, but another one kills the game with a breakpoint has been reached error
EDIT: I enabled mods and now they load again (or at least one does, haven't checked the other)
Post edited by CursedDice on

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As from the looks of your avatar, have you tried checking your CC? Yeah you may think a hairstyle wouldn't do much, but code can be quirky adn one change can make it that even a custom shirt can break things. And if you have other mods, don't forget to check those.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    As from the looks of your avatar, have you tried checking your CC? Yeah you may think a hairstyle wouldn't do much, but code can be quirky adn one change can make it that even a custom shirt can break things. And if you have other mods, don't forget to check those.

I had to enable mods to get it working again. Usually disabling mods and CC gets stuff working again, but, yes, there is probably a mod somewhere breaking my game

EDIT: Nope, only one of the two lots loads. The other practically gets there (I get the I have loaded jingle and it's about to remove the loading screen and then the game crashes), but crashes shutting Origin completely

EDIT: Is there any way to move sims out of that lot to get it down to the 8 sim limit without having to load the lot?
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Try going to household management and see if you can move them around from there?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Have you actually removed all of the mods and CC in your mods folder or are you just playing with the option for mods off? You might need to actually take everything to see if that fixes the issue if you haven't already.

Yes, you can split and merge households with the Manage Households option.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I do know there were issues with UI Cheats Extension as well as Neia's More Clubs Per Sim. The first has an update. I couldn't get past the splash screen with the More Clubs Per Sim mod in. Other than that, you've got the 50/50 method of trying to track down broken CC, unless you remember what is in those houses/on those sims. That's always a good place to start. Let us know if you find out what it is!
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I do know there were issues with UI Cheats Extension as well as Neia's More Clubs Per Sim. The first has an update. I couldn't get past the splash screen with the More Clubs Per Sim mod in. Other than that, you've got the 50/50 method of trying to track down broken CC, unless you remember what is in those houses/on those sims. That's always a good place to start. Let us know if you find out what it is!

The UI Cheats Extension mod wasn't causing the game to not load, as far I know. The only thing I saw it do in my game was change the coloring of the Simology panel.

Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    It's working now whether or not all mods are in. Don't know why it didn't want to work before
  • Options
    OOHappiesOOHappies Posts: 5 New Member
    My game is displaying error code 102:4bc9b6fe:932015cf after updating the game. I have deleted the cache, removed the mods, and repaired the game, but I get the same error message. Does any one know how to resolve this?
  • Options
    Have you actually removed all of the mods and CC in your mods folder or are you just playing with the option for mods off? You might need to actually take everything to see if that fixes the issue if you haven't already.

Yes, you can split and merge households with the Manage Households option.

I'd taken the most recent mods out to diagnose it
  • Options
    A little more context might be helpful to understanding my problem.

One of my Sims was working at the police station, traveling back to the police station after arresting a suspect, when the error popped up. When I exited the game and went back to try and enter his household, the error message popped up again. I also cannot go directly to the police station to play with that Sim. However, I am able to enter other households without an error message.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    OOHappies wrote: »
    A little more context might be helpful to understanding my problem.

One of my Sims was working at the police station, traveling back to the police station after arresting a suspect, when the error popped up. When I exited the game and went back to try and enter his household, the error message popped up again. I also cannot go directly to the police station to play with that Sim. However, I am able to enter other households without an error message.

Hello @OOHappies
    Try moving the household to another home. Try seeing you can load them in that home. If the sim is still at the police station, bring him home to the new home. Then move them back to the original home and see if the issue remains
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow. I tried your suggestion. I moved the entire household to another lot and the problem persisted. I then transferred the Sim working at the police station into another home and was able to play the household without him. When I moved him back into the household, however, the error message popped back up. :(
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow. I tried your suggestion. I moved the entire household to another lot and the problem persisted. I then transferred the Sim working at the police station into another home and was able to play the household without him. When I moved him back into the household, however, the error message popped back up. :(

Hello
    Try placing him in his own household in a home on his own. Then have him go to work and do a full shift . If you are unable to enter his home, just let him go to work on his own, and then see if the issue remains after his work hours should have completed.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow! It worked! I moved him into his own lot and when I was playing one of the households I had transferred him to before placing him on his own lot, a message displayed telling me he was home from work. I then successfully transferred him back to his original household and the household loads with no problems now. Thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow! It worked! I moved him into his own lot and when I was playing one of the households I had transferred him to before placing him on his own lot, a message displayed telling me he was home from work. I then successfully transferred him back to his original household and the household loads with no problems now. Thanks so much! :)

I am glad that the issue is fixed :)
  • Options
    I wonder if the problem had anything to do with the fact that I had him working late. It was my first time using the option to extend his workday. The error happened after I extended his work day on the lot where he arrested his suspect.

At any rate, I'm very appreciative for your help. I don't usually comment on the forum because I can usually find a solution to my game problems without having to, but when I do come searching the forum for solutions, I've noticed that you're very helpful, @rosemow . Thank you for what you do. Best regards!
  • Options
    I wonder if the problem had anything to do with the fact that I had him working late. It was my first time using the option to extend his workday. The error happened after I extended his work day on the lot where he arrested his suspect.

At any rate, I'm very appreciative for your help. I don't usually comment on the forum because I can usually find a solution to my game problems without having to, but when I do come searching the forum for solutions, I've noticed that you're very helpful, @rosemow . Thank you for what you do. Best regards!

You’re welcome @OOHappies :)
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member

I really love the police career and I have several times extended times for my cop Sims, especially if I want to finish off the interrogation. Never had any problems with it or gotten any erros but on the other hand, I don't remember if I have ever extended time anywhere else but in the policestation... Last time I extended time was after my Sim had put his suspect inside her cell. Maybe doing it elsewhere is bugged? My suggestion is to when next time you follow him to work and need to extend his time, have him extend his time inside the police station and see if the bug repeats.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Bug reports or technical issues belong to Answers HQ, so I'm closing this discussion. For more information, please, check this message.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top