Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Im almost POSITIVE the teasers did tease free content a couple times before, can't check atm though.

I'm frustated with the communication. EA is too tight lipped, they have the reputation of being the worst company in the world, and for good reason. (Although there are companies that definitely deserve it more)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    All those tweets told me is that I will never have interest in the communication the devs are allowed to engage. I only follow to gain insight on upcoming content for the game.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think it's well explained and makes sense. I like the new realse system better. I'd rather get content than teasers. But the teasers were definitely more informative.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I like sims 4 a lot. But wow, Im bored right now and I have never said that.

I still have a lot of exploring to do with Get Famous. But seasons was just weather and a calendar, which is fine, thats all it was supposed to be.And I finally got that swing id been missing and a toddler pool. But...I really need more gameplay content! Jungle Adventures is nice. But Im not going to take most of my households to the jungle.

I am missing something from my game! I hope we get an announcement in Feb. And a new game pack or expansion in March! Because I NEED it! I was playing Sims 4 every day. But now I only feel the need to maybe play once or twice a month . But I cant exaggerate too strongly , I only just stopped playing every day :D

Im kind of sad in real life right now and need the sims for a cheer me up! <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member
    Glad to see they got the twitter quotes fixed on these forums.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Personally, I think how Kate explains it makes pretty perfect sense.

And I'm pretty happy they're listening and looking for more ways to try and engage with the community more and use that feedback as well. I think a lot of the guru's try to answer and interact with the community as much as they can with what time they have to do so.

Kates a great CM and I appreciate her taking the time to explain things and give a bit more insight. :)

For me I personally don't mind not having teasers. I mean, it's a teaser they don't give me that much information just fodder for players to theorize what the pack could possibly be and that's about.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The fact that she has to clarify this again is really sad. Teasers or no teasers, I know they're always working on something, so why should I worry?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member

The first one has me worried. From the sounds of it a Game or Stuffpack isn't even being worked on right now. Maybe I'm wrong but I hope we don't go back to only 2 EPs a year like we had in Sims 2. That will mean a 5 month drought of paid pack content. Again I could be wrong.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    edited February 2019
    The first one has me worried. From the sounds of it a Game or Stuffpack isn't even being worked on right now. Maybe I'm wrong but I hope we don't go back to only 2 EPs a year like we had in Sims 2. That will mean a 5 month drought of paid pack content. Again I could be wrong.

Well she really couldn't say we have a GP coming or SP coming out in February, or March. They're not allowed to talk about future content so that's about all she could say.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I’m dying for them to take my money but they release nothing. :s
  • Options
    No more game packs?

You mean the one thing simmers pretty much unanimously agreed were great quality compared to half baked expansion packs? I'm so sick of this.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,420 Member

Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps the smaller packs that could not be bought separately in shops didn't make enough money?
  • Options
    No more game packs?

You mean the one thing simmers pretty much unanimously agreed were great quality compared to half baked expansion packs? I'm so sick of this.

??? I just reread all the tweets and I didn't see her say we're no longer getting gamepacks. Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions?

The way this is worded implies there are no gamepacks being developed at this time, or for the immediate future. Sure they could make some, but it just seems like expansion packs for now. The stuff pack team was practically disbanded, and Ninja doesn't appear to work on gamepacks anymore either.

3412117dc75c7416f174aa8d8be1527c.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    The thing is, when we were getting EPs, GPs and SPs, a lot of people were complaining that those packs didn't have enough. They actually complained that we were getting too much content released in small doses. I saw some of these statements myself. People thought that the SPs should be part of the EPs and kept saying that they would gladly give up Stuff Packs to get Expansions that were more full. I still see some people even complaining about Game Packs, trying to say they're not worth the money when the same cost used to get us a measly Stuff Pack with hardly any gameplay objects in previous editions.

I honestly think that's why we're just getting more EPs now. I noticed that the Gurus who were the leads on Game and Stuff Packs were moved onto the EP team last year. Maybe that will shift again, but I suspect the change was initially due to community feedback in the first place.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited February 2019
    I think that Kates tweet strongly suggests that there arent any gps or sps currently being worked on. "Not off the table", has a meaning in my mind. I dont have an issue with expansions. I love them actually, because I get the most new build/buy and CAS stuff with those. So if a new EP is being worked on and released soon Im fine with that. I just want some real news!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    The thing is, when we were getting EPs, GPs and SPs, a lot of people were complaining that those packs didn't have enough. They actually complained that we were getting too much content released in small doses. I saw some of these statements myself. People thought that the SPs should be part of the EPs and kept saying that they would gladly give up Stuff Packs to get Expansions that were more full. I still see some people even complaining about Game Packs, trying to say they're not worth the money when the same cost used to get us a measly Stuff Pack with hardly any gameplay objects in previous editions.

I honestly think that's why we're just getting more EPs now. I noticed that the Gurus who were the leads on Game and Stuff Packs were moved onto the EP team last year. Maybe that will shift again, but I suspect the change was initially due to community feedback in the first place.

All true, but there is a big dilemma: Since the times of TS3 with its countless packs and worlds the main characteristics of this franchise is the steady flow of new content. The whole influencer industry of fanpages, letsplayers and Youtube builders is based on this. What will happen to all this hype if they release only two EPs per year with 6 months of drought between? If I look at myself, I am spending much less time on the forums and fanpages because there is so little interesting news. Instead we get marketing philosophy split off into 20 tweets. How great were the Sims when we had scandalous leaks instead!
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That comment really does make it seem like there are no SPs or GPs being worked on. :/ And I theorized that the next thing we'd get would be a GP. I guess that means we'll either be waiting a few months for another EP or, less likely, we'll get a large free patch in the coming weeks.

Honestly, I don't care if they do quarterly teasers, announcements on Facebook/Twitter, or whatever. I'd just really like to know when new stuff is coming. Everything is always so vague and we're left with silence for weeks, sometimes months. And having the Guru Garages and Maxis Monthlys were they talk about legit nothing just pours more salt into the wound.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

People thought the game packs were great, most people anyway. Its to the point i dont want witches in an expansion pack because I'm worried they'll be bad.

Get famous was great, but the world was pathetic. If that's the quality of expansions we'll be getting to sacrifice game packs then Yaaay /s
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    I like sims 4 a lot. But wow, Im bored right now and I have never said that.

I still have a lot of exploring to do with Get Famous. But seasons was just weather and a calendar, which is fine, thats all it was supposed to be.And I finally got that swing id been missing and a toddler pool. But...I really need more gameplay content! Jungle Adventures is nice. But Im not going to take most of my households to the jungle.

I am missing something from my game! I hope we get an announcement in Feb. And a new game pack or expansion in March! Because I NEED it! I was playing Sims 4 every day. But now I only feel the need to maybe play once or twice a month . But I cant exaggerate too strongly , I only just stopped playing every day :D

Im kind of sad in real life right now and need the sims for a cheer me up! <3

Yeah, I have to admit the game has become a bit boring (even though I have a big rotation) since they stopped adding stuffpacks, I loved getting new hair styles, clothes, and new furniture items to throw into the mix each month. I don’t use Custom Content or mods, so getting a pack about every month kept the game new for me. For Christmas I got EA Cards and haven’t been able to use them.
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2019
    I find it funny that they use language as an excuse now, when they’ve been
    letting down their non-English speakers for years. Isn’t it sad that non-English speakers have to rely on local fansites to know what’s going on? I know a lot of my peers in Spain don’t understand English and they pay even more money because EP are actually more expensive on Europe...

For Gods sake, they even released that Alexa skill on English only. I have Alexa and I can’t use that skill because it doesn’t work if I say it on English (she speaks Spanish), nor in Spanish because it wasn’t translated. That’s how they care about us and now they use us as an excuse.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No more game packs?

??? I just reread all the tweets and I didn't see her say we're no longer getting gamepacks. Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions?

The way this is worded implies there are no gamepacks being developed at this time, or for the immediate future. Sure they could make some, but it just seems like expansion packs for now. The stuff pack team was practically disbanded, and Ninja doesn't appear to work on gamepacks anymore either.

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that the next release will be another EP, so it's unlikely we'll get anything before April, at least. My only complaint would be that if an EP doesn't interest me, that's a long time without new content of any kind. I had absolutely no interest in GF, and although Seasons did add a lot to my game play, I'm getting rather eager for something new. I'm going to be terribly disappointed if we get another EP that focuses on YAs and adds nothing for family players.

One of the gurus said that a university pack wasn't on the table for near future. Witches seems to be the other popular choice, but an EP would have to be more. I hope it would not be a general supernatural-themed pack. (I don't think of witches as 'supernatural', since they do exist. As long as they include some gameplay for kids and toddlers, I'm all for witches. I do not want werewolves or other supernaturals, especially since they probably wouldn't have toggles.)

My guess, however, is that the next EP will have a futuristic theme, just because that's one that seems to repeat in every Sims game. (Ugh.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    No more game packs?

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that the next release will be another EP, so it's unlikely we'll get anything before April, at least. My only complaint would be that if an EP doesn't interest me, that's a long time without new content of any kind. I had absolutely no interest in GF, and although Seasons did add a lot to my game play, I'm getting rather eager for something new. I'm going to be terribly disappointed if we get another EP that focuses on YAs and adds nothing for family players.

One of the gurus said that a university pack wasn't on the table for near future. Witches seems to be the other popular choice, but an EP would have to be more. I hope it would not be a general supernatural-themed pack. (I don't think of witches as 'supernatural', since they do exist. As long as they include some gameplay for kids and toddlers, I'm all for witches. I do not want werewolves or other supernaturals, especially since they probably wouldn't have toggles.)

My guess, however, is that the next EP will have a futuristic theme, just because that's one that seems to repeat in every Sims game. (Ugh.)

My guess is that the next EP will appear in June and is a remake of Island Paradise. Supernatural follows in November.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    No more game packs?

My guess is that the next EP will appear in June and is a remake of Island Paradise. Supernatural follows in November.

It would be great, but with 2 GP's between cuz it will be long.
    Lu4ERme.gif