Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Assistance

What's the best mod to increase household size? I want to move a family and their friends (that are outside the household) to a new save. Any recommendations?

Thanks

I'll take mod recommendations and recommendations on how to transfer the different households.

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    check out mod the sims to find one
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    mod the sims got it
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MC Command Centre has this option, I believe.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Where do i get that? at mod the sims?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

Where do i get that? at mod the sims?

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks, i actually did a google search and have been reading up on it. I'm glad you shared the same link of the website I located, so now I know I was in the right place. Appreciate your assistance
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited October 2018
    Just use caution when increasing household size. If you go into CAS with that household you WILL lose sims over the 8 limit. There isn't a mod so far to prevent that (at least not that I've seen anywhere). If you avoid entering CAS until you can split them back up, you should be safe.

Here's what I do when moving related sims to a new save, I use the MCCC mod, once the families are moved I use the mod to add relationships. This way I can preserve family relationships without having to have everyone all in the same household. You can set parental/child and sibling relationships with the mod. It can also be used to set active friendship/romance levels.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Just use caution when increasing household size. If you go into CAS with that household you WILL lose sims over the 8 limit. There isn't a mod so far to prevent that (at least not that I've seen anywhere). If you avoid entering CAS until you can split them back up, you should be safe.

Here's what I do when moving related sims to a new save, I use the MCCC mod, once the families are moved I use the mod to add relationships. This way I can preserve family relationships without having to have everyone all in the same household. You can set parental/child and sibling relationships with the mod. It can also be used to set active friendship/romance levels.

So, what you're saying is I can move my family with 7 children to a new lot, without losing the 7th child? Or, that I have to break them up and then move them separately to the new town, and then use the mod to repair the familial ties? Which is it, please? I need to know this for my Ancestral game save. My 5th great-grandfather was baby number 7, so I can't not have him born. Messes up my entire lineage. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EIisabetta wrote: »

So, what you're saying is I can move my family with 7 children to a new lot, without losing the 7th child? Or, that I have to break them up and then move them separately to the new town, and then use the mod to repair the familial ties? Which is it, please? I need to know this for my Ancestral game save. My 5th great-grandfather was baby number 7, so I can't not have him born. Messes up my entire lineage. :open_mouth:

You can do either but more than 8 sims in a household is not intended and a little buggy. Save your game before making the larger household so you can go back if anything goes wrong. Then save your family and try importing them into the new save. Do NOT open CAS once you have them moved. Then try splitting up the household after you have them placed in the new save. It SHOULD work but, if it doesn't, split them up, drop them in the new save, then use MCCC to repair the family relationships.

The family relationships are on the SIM menu with MCCC.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    This is what Deaderpool posted about increased household sizes and transferring sims from one household to another using MCCC mod
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq#AddMoreSims
    Maximum Household Size isn't working! I can't add new Sims to my household! AKA: "How do I add Sims to households with more than 8 maximum Sims in it?"

You cannot use the standard Sims 4 methods for adding Sims to households if you have households of more than 8 Sims. It is hard-coded in the Sims 4 UI code for Manage Households and CAS to only allow 8 Sims. In the same way that you can't use the "Edit Households" option of CAS with large households, you also can't add/remove Sims in the normal Sims 4 manner. Adding Sims to households can either be done using the Testing Cheats method (if Testing Cheats are enabled) of shift-clicking on a Sim and adding them to your family, or by using the "sim_move" command as documented in the MC Command Center module's documentation. "sim_move" can be used for moving between different households or adding them to the active household. Also, as of MCCC 5.0.0, there is a Sim Command in the Sim MCCC menu to move Sims between different households. This works with no problems with households of more than 8 maximum Sims.
  • Options
    adding MCCC was easier than I thought. however, I did loose 4 sims in transferring to a new save. that's because in order to add sims to a new save file you MUST go through CAS. So although I got them all moved into the same lot, I lost 4 of them due to having to open CAS. Just like one of the posters said above, i used the MCCC mod to edit relationships. Too bad there is not boyfriend/girlfriend option, only husband/wife. So I'm not running around rebuilding romantic relationships. Family relationships I was able to do. Oh and I had to change names because Penny, Salim, and Akira were already in my save file. So their new names are Saleem, Kenji, and something with a P for the other Penny. using MCCC i was able to create those relationships.

I plan to keep the mod. I'm finding it very useful
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you are now using the MCCC mod :)
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

• Options
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    adding MCCC was easier than I thought. however, I did loose 4 sims in transferring to a new save. that's because in order to add sims to a new save file you MUST go through CAS. So although I got them all moved into the same lot, I lost 4 of them due to having to open CAS. Just like one of the posters said above, i used the MCCC mod to edit relationships. Too bad there is not boyfriend/girlfriend option, only husband/wife. So I'm not running around rebuilding romantic relationships. Family relationships I was able to do. Oh and I had to change names because Penny, Salim, and Akira were already in my save file. So their new names are Saleem, Kenji, and something with a P for the other Penny. using MCCC i was able to create those relationships.

I plan to keep the mod. I'm finding it very useful

You can add romantic relationship value via the mod, at least. They'd just have to do the "ask to be boyfriend/girflriend" thing manually after that but, it will save you time in building the relationships back to the levels they should be.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Does MCCC have anything to layer snow in Oasis Springs? Because I want snow in Oasis Springs, but Seasons sucks at that. I tried to download the first snow mod and I got a virus. Though download sites can be tricky with all the download adds you pick the wrong one and your toast.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Does MCCC have anything to layer snow in Oasis Springs? Because I want snow in Oasis Springs, but Seasons plum at that. I tried to download the first snow mod and I got a virus. Though download sites can be tricky with all the download adds you pick the wrong one and your toast.

I don't think MCCC has anything like that at present, but it might have come out since the last patch, and I haven't updated in the last few weeks.

Have you tried using the Weather Machine? Your Sim has to be pretty high in Handiness to have results, and possibly will need to perform some upgrades, but I believe it is supposed to be able to be used in all worlds. I don't know how long the effects last, etc, but it might be worth a try if you haven't.

Yep, ads on those download sites are risky. The legit download link isn't typically large and flashy, and it's usually "under the cut," meaning in a separate space directly under the mod description.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would suggest MCCC it allows you to do a lot including the maximum household size.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]