Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could bring back things from old sims what would it be?

Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
Note I can only put 10 down and are the ones I can think of but feel free to put down what you want pc players are also welcome too
Post edited by Bluebirddevil5970 on

If you could bring back things from old sims what would it be? 19 votes

Being able to have the options to layer clothes up like a top and the jacket over the top
21%
ChazzzyBluebirddevil5970DawsonbibiSimcastaway2 4 votes
Having the blurt taken off I think it was part of ila thing you could unlock in sims 2
0%
Make your own styles like being able to change sofa colours and patterns
26%
AlisoxLemon405ThePocketWeaselTamskiAnne_713 5 votes
Open world/ neighbourhood
15%
s2ladolcevitaJPNekoCj901 3 votes
More tattoos and piercings like urban sims
5%
Sihu 1 vote
Not from any games I think but teenage pregnancy
5%
Kabbac12 1 vote
More furniture and everything else
0%
All of the above
15%
alanmichael1JennyggFEDEXsfan11 3 votes
Other/more of so what
10%
Writin_Reg83bienchen 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    I kind of wanted to vote all because I would love many of those things but (as I've said elsewhere) the things I miss most from TS3 are the open world and CASt. More furniture is always welcome and I'd adore some new hairstyles for all ages. The blur doesn't bother me and I wouldn't use teen pregnancy or more piercings and tattoos.

That said, I doubt many of these things are possible or likely to happen, especially on console. I think the ship has sailed on many of these.
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I'm still surprised they didn't include fully customisable furniture in TS4. I like quite minimal designs and can never seem to find a bed frame with duvet covers that are the colours I want - I find a duvet cover I want but it's always on a bed frame of completely the wrong colour :D
  • Options
    Being able to have the options to layer clothes up like a top and the jacket over the top
    Sorry I meant blur not blurt I have no I was why auto correct changed to that yeah I know I've took things people have talked about before to see what everyone thought would love to beable to layer the clothes up again like sims 3 or 2 was it and the changing style on furniture back would be cool
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    For me, it's open world. I hate the loading screens. Second place would be styling in CAS.
  • Options
    Yes it has got so annoying them not having it open even in some parts was a big down grade
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can you explain option #2?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Other/more of so what
    We have never had the ability to layer clothes - but I'd like to have it.

We cannot have open world because that has to be initiated into the game engine and game when they are being built - so that is out of the question. Also we can't have color wheels/patterns either as all objects need color channels for that to work - and there are no color channel in the objects made for the game - and I am sure they would not redo every single object and piece of clothing we have.

Teen pregnancy is forbidden - period by the rating board for the teen rating and they have always said the Sims would never change their rating - so that is out of the question and should be in this day and age.

The blur is a Sims 4 thing - I have never had a blur in a Sims game until Sims 4 as I always had a gaming computer with great video - so if you had a blur you might have had onboard video or something in sims 2 - but my Sims 2 was never blurry. The only issue with Sims 2 was the resolution for more modern screen sizes aren't in a game and require a tool to force the game to use modern screen resolutions and newer video cards. But technically Sims 2 was right for what pcs were out at the time that game came out Visually it was amazing back in the day actually. LOL. Now it takes some tinkering and outside tools to reach the same nirvana for sure. LOL.

Most of the choices you offered are not bring backs though - so I didn't pick any. But if I was going to bring back something it would be Superstar or Making Magic eps or an IP or ITF ep for Sims 4pc game as I don't play with consoles nowadays. I don't like limits - lol.

ETA - I ended up picking other - seeing the majority offered are not bring backs or not possible. I'd choose a bring back of the bots from Sims 2 - as I just adore that Sentry bot. Best bodyguard my sims ever had and it keep all sims away that my sims want kept away. I roared with laughter watching that Sentry bot attack the evil mascot on the Uni campus and kept them from causing mayhem at my sims Toga parties. I could see this a very useful bot in Sims 4 and so hilarious when it does it's job - so yes really would love the Sentry bot back in the game. Been waiting for it's return since Sims 2.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Other/more of so what
    Cuddling in bed. The photo-booth. Better babies.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    I definitely miss the open world and the sims being able to drive their own cars to that actual location. When I first saw it in the Sims 3, it felt like game changer like they were really making steps to make the game that much more realistic. Now that open world is gone it's like a step back in game development.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can you explain option #2?

We had in other sims games that we could layer the clothes so there was bra option jacket vest tops etc all separate a d you could have any jacket over any top etc and wear as much or less as you want
  • Options
    Also layering up clothes was in a sims game I had it on console I think it was sims 2 and there was an other option and most where to bring back bar the pregnancy one these would never happen anyway but it's just a discussion they have all been in previous sims games