Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone notice how mirrors...

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
...reflect the walls directly opposite them even when the walls are cut off? It's just that in previous games, the mirrors reflect exactly what is shown opposite them, so if the walls are cut off, the mirrors in TS2 and TS3 don't show the walls.

It's just a small detail that I noticed, but I'm still impressed. The Sims 4 may lack attention to certain details, but this one is an exception.

uc?id=1Ps2hmdAk4b2o5s1JFurqTQ_p_uy2S7bQ
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah, I remember thinking that was pretty cool.
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Yes, I like that feature.

I think in terms of the visuals and little touches like this TS4 is quite nicely done. It's more the Sim behavior and lack of certain features that I find frustrating.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Never noticed, probably because I normally play with walls up. But this is great, especially when taking pictures or filming, and you need walls down in order to get the best frame.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Never noticed, probably because I normally play with walls up. But this is great, especially when taking pictures or filming, and you need walls down in order to get the best frame.

Yeah, exactly. This sort of thing is great for storytelling, since capturing scenes with walls up can be a pain sometimes. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2018
    In a way it is impressive and in a way it's not, compared to TS2.

There is no double reflection, so you get a set of white mirrors instead of an infinity effect.
    I was disappointed because that means I can't make a house of mirrors like I could in TS2.
    TS2 could not do infinity but it did have more reflections of reflections.
    12-26-15_9-01-45nbspAM.png
    However, it's the same for TS3, only with blurry silver mirror 2nd reflection instead of white.

I wish it had at least one or two more levels of reflections, so those white mirrors wouldn't be so obvious in my comedy club. That's what I was going for when I made this comedy stage.

That's if my memory serves correctly. :D
    I don't have TS2 anymore, but I did make a house of mirrors. I wish I had the pictures.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I do remember placing two mirrors in front of each other sometime after I good a decent graphics card for Sims 2. :D Kids have so much time on their hands.

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Also, vampires don't appear in the mirror in TS4 (I'm pretty sure that's the case anyway)
  • Options
    Also, vampires don't appear in the mirror in TS4 (I'm pretty sure that's the case anyway)

Don't have Vampires yet, but I think that's the case in TS2 Nightlife as well. I always love these little touches they put in the game. :D

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    If you're in the fitness center and you have some Sims training at the fitness equipment and you look into the mirror, the Sims that are training, are suddenly standing still with splayed arms. Anyone noticed that? I find it creepy :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Yes, I have noticed that. It's awesome.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Busufu wrote: »
    If you're in the fitness center and you have some Sims training at the fitness equipment and you look into the mirror, the Sims that are training, are suddenly standing still with splayed arms. Anyone noticed that? I find it creepy :D.

uc?id=14OzE4xdaFTVlgkq4M9kACS_PUn5uSQfw

Looks fine to me :o

• Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I'm not sure I understand...
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited July 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Huh?! Then this must be a bug for me or some graphic issue... :D

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options

Huh?! Then this must be a bug for me or some graphic issue... :D

Maybe. :D
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand...

In Sims 2 and Sims 3, if you play with walls down, mirrors won't reflect the walls. In Sims 4, mirrors always reflect the walls no matter what setting you use.

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2018
    Thought this was pretty fitting. My outter walls are down, but the mirror not only sees the walls, it accurately sees sims walking down the street...

ZJrSprs.jpg

Here she is walking across the street.

kTPbNn8.jpg?1
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Perfect for spotting stalkers peering through your window :D

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I love this.
    I ALSO Love how vampires are invisible. I love seeing a pair of boxing gloves in the air floating in the mirror when using the punching bag :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Perfect for spotting stalkers peering through your window :D

I loved when Sims would do that in Sims 3!! It was so funny