Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

holy bills!

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,591 Member
    Thanks @powers6180 and @Hermitgirl

Does anyone know if the radiator works by keeping sims warm? I know it was only deco before but I'm sure I read somewhere that they updated it. It would have been awesome also if we could use the fan from GTW to keep cool.

The ones that came in Vampire do not work, one of the SimGurus said it on twitter
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    @CrystalAbyss1 thank you for letting me know <3

That is a real shame though.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Thankfully my sims haven't touched the thermostat once. My sims only have $300 worth of simoleons right now... they're pretty poor lol. Fall is on its way though, so I guess they'll be bundling up.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    those outdoor heaters work inside and can be set for automatic, so there not on all the time. they usually come on in the evening. and my sims have been fine, no complaining of being cold and no thermostat. still waiting for the bills.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    My bill was 70k. I completely forgot that I used the thermostat. Maybe my sims should start carrying blankets :lol:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,591 Member
    those outdoor heaters work inside and can be set for automatic, so there not on all the time. they usually come on in the evening. and my sims have been fine, no complaining of being cold and no thermostat. still waiting for the bills.
    But It’ll look so out of place in my home :'(

I’ll just keep it off for now, it doesn’t seem to make a difference, Sims still stay in their outdoors clothing, was hoping they’d switch back to their everyday
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    My bills haven't been too bad (yet >:) ). I started a new save with a new build a one storey two bedroom two bath furnished with mostly Seasons assets and my bills have been around 1600 - 1800. I've left the thermostat on all the time on warm during Spring. Added on a upstairs portion of the house last time I was in game and the bills went to 2200. I love this feature! This needs to be kept!!!
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I agree that the bills should be higher, but not THAT high. I’d say it’s definitely a bug in my opinion.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I am really loving this. It make sense for them to be a bit higher if you have a fully decked out lavish home. Makes the game play a bit more fun for my sims to "struggle" in going out into the world trying to find ways to pay their bills. I dislike the loading screens so having higher bills will more likely make me travel with my sims to sell items, or try to get collectables
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    After one week of moving in and not using the thermostat much the bills were just over 3,000, which is reasonable for the size of the house. After the 2nd week, using the thermostat a lot more the bills went up to just over 8,000.
    I like this feature.
    I've decided not to use the thermostat if it's warm or cool; only for hot, heatwave, cold or freezing.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The heat lamps from Dine Out do keep sims warm, but the Vampire GP radiators do not. Also, if you switch to your summer/winter outfits, your sims don't need a thermostat at all.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,007 Member
    Has anyone tried just using a fireplace, yet?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mollymegan30mollymegan30 Posts: 84 Member

I am doin that right now I have two goin at all times and haven't had the morgue icon....but I haven't gotten my new set of bills yet :#
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

I am but haven't had a bill yet.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member

They still shiver indoors with just a fireplace and have to wear their winter clothing.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm using the fireplace inside, firepits outside and my sims wear winterwear inside. In the rich families I just set the thermostat and leave it. I like it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited June 2018
    My bills are still normal, and I used the thermostat all winter. Is it possible that it's a bug?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,286 Member
    A family had their thermostat on all day and had a pretty normal bill. under 5,000. They were already in the 2000-3000 range before seasons.
    image.png
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2018
    My two sims live in a pretty normal sized house. 3 bedrooms (only one has stuff in it because they haven't had kids yet) and I had the thermostat on for two days and my bills were 125,000 and they only had average jobs and had only about 4,000 in their account. I had to cheat just so they could pay their bills. All my other families that have the thermostat have normal bills ranging from 4,000 to 7,000 but never that much. Let's just say I turned that thing off asap. Now they just warm themselves with the fire.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    My sims live in a two-story, four-bedroom house and the bills haven't been more than 4k with the thermostat on constantly. Sounds like a bug.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My sims don’t seem to really need it. I’ve only turned it on for once and turned it off few hours later. Normally If my sims are hot or cold I use other methods to cool them down or warm them up.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I had the heat on all winter and did not notice any staggering bills.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member

My sims actually light the fireplace autonomously lol when its really cold outside.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I always loved the challenge of high bills, but wowza - §26.000 is quite a lot. Is it a huge mansion or a smaller home?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    does having the fire place on count for heat?? I don't have the expansion pack yet (waiting for a sale... so a LONG time) before i get it. if it doesn't too bad they ddin't have a fireplace that would count but you would have to purchase wood, then cut it, put it in the wood shed and bring some inside to put in the fire place. lots of animations - that would be a new item for sure (don't think they had that in the previous versions).