Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,823 Member
    edited March 2018
    Airakale wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I'm going to be very generous and assume that the "My First" name refers to rodents being starter pets for kids who aren't ready to care for cats and dogs.

Still, the idea is very brazen. Not only will I never buy this under any price, but I'm also very tempted to stop buying any future Sims 4 DLC if this is the treatment we're going to get.

that is more or less how i feel -_-but you know what somehow there are people who are very excited about this. i mean someone told me this seems more like a must buy then a seasons expansion pack would be.

And you know what your words are my motives to do a free giveaway on this sp :)

That's actually a fantastic idea. I might do the same.

I know everyone is upset. I completely see that side. I agree.

However, coming from a different side, the gurus are probably under soooo much pressure. I mean, besides us constantly yakking in their ears about what we don't like (and what we do like, hopefully), they're also under the gun from all the corporations they have to keep happy, too. Just because we complain about prices, content, etc, doesn't mean people aren't still buying it. They are and probably will continue to do so.

The other thing I've noticed is how we all talk about how it was before. Like "we should get supernatural sims like in previous Sims games or toddlers or whatever in previous games". I'm not saying I wasn't disappointed about the toddlers, too, and other things, but I had to remember it is a different game. It should be different. That's part of what makes it stand out from the others, just like S3 stood out from S2 and S2 from the original. Yes, it can be similar and will be similar. That's part of any kind of series. And it's sims. lol But now it kind of gets to me when I see that kind of talk because if they made it the same, then it would be boring. I applaud them trying hard to make it different. I sort of wonder if the gurus who are working on S4 have it that much harder as they try to walk a line between the past and the future. Not too mention, dealing with a larger social media platform than ever before, though that would go in their favor as well. I don't envy their position or jobs. (Though, I'd like the simguru cheat options for my game. :D )

Yes, I may or may not buy the pack. I don't know yet. I haven't decided. I am in a situation where I could if I wanted to. Others may want to save their moolah and wait for a better pack to come along. We're all incredibly different with situations, tastes, expections, etc. Buy it if you want, don't buy it if you want. Do what you want. What makes the most sense for you.

While I have no issues at all about stating why we don't like whatever it is we don't like because that is our right as a consumer who is shelling out the dough for their product, continuing to complain about it isn't the answer. Sure, we should state our opinion. The gurus have always, always said they wanted our feedback. But then stop. If you don't like it, then let's stand up and do something...like not buy their product anymore or walk away to find another game that is doing a better job that we want to support. Otherwise, it'll never change. The world isn't changed by sitting around complaining...it's changed by doing.

My two cents. Please, no hate. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,550 Member
    I'm pretty happy with it and this is just my opinon. I don't speak for other folks. I love the new coffee table aquarium. That's a must have because you can never have too many aquariums in The Sims 4. I also love the new clothing dogs and cats can wear and the rodents you get to choose from. I know the rodents are reskinned but they look different. I love the new cages with the spinning wheels in them and finally with this pack we're getting a new death.

One thing I am disappointed in though is no holiday clothing was added for dogs and cats. Maybe they'll add that in Seasons.
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    ..... This is bad.
    I was very busy today and just saw this and I honestly dont even know what to say that hasn't already been said.

They chop down "pets" to "cats and dogs" so they can focus more on cats and dogs... They leave out doghouses, only add 2 (pathetic) pet beds..... But we got a color wheel. Keep in mind, one expansion a year. They had a year for that.
    Now... 4 months later, an SP with what should've been in an expanaion that should've been "pets"
    And im super..... Super LIVID that they have the audacity to being back the guinea pig disease in this pack. Purposely teasing old players, and making new players wonder about it. Missing out on the guinea pig disease hurts me the most. It plum, way to show love for your loyal players. Should've been patched in like the grilled cheese aspiration.
    I can 100% gurantee I will not be buying this. MAYBE on sale, but seeing how often SPs go on sale, itll be never. (But i gave up on completing my collection when bowling came out in it's own pack) the items are cute. But it's an obvious cash grab. We can all see right through this nonsense. I'm over it.....
    I'm over it but im so peeved, i can't...

It's also adding new pet beds.
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2018
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    "My First Pets Stuff Pack" .... Wow. This is the beginning of a chain of stuff packs connecting to Cats and Dogs for every individual small pet that people want.

Someone toss me a torch.

I'm going to be very generous and assume that the "My First" name refers to rodents being starter pets for kids who aren't ready to care for cats and dogs.

Still, the idea is very brazen. Not only will I never buy this under any price, but I'm also very tempted to stop buying any future Sims 4 DLC if this is the treatment we're going to get.

that is more or less how i feel -_-but you know what somehow there are people who are very excited about this. i mean someone told me this seems more like a must buy then a seasons expansion pack would be.

And you know what your words are my motives to do a free giveaway on this sp :)

That's actually a fantastic idea. I might do the same.

I know everyone is upset. I completely see that side. I agree.

However, coming from a different side, the gurus are probably under soooo much pressure. I mean, besides us constantly yakking in their ears about what we don't like (and what we do like, hopefully), they're also under the gun from all the corporations they have to keep happy, too. Just because we complain about prices, content, etc, doesn't mean people aren't still buying it. They are and probably will continue to do so.

The other thing I've noticed is how we all talk about how it was before. Like "we should get supernatural sims like in previous Sims games or toddlers or whatever in previous games". I'm not saying I wasn't disappointed about the toddlers, too, and other things, but I had to remember it is a different game. It should be different. That's part of what makes it stand out from the others, just like S3 stood out from S2 and S2 from the original. Yes, it can be similar and will be similar. That's part of any kind of series. And it's sims. lol But now it kind of gets to me when I see that kind of talk because if they made it the same, then it would be boring. I applaud them trying hard to make it different. I sort of wonder if the gurus who are working on S4 have it that much harder as they try to walk a line between the past and the future. Not too mention, dealing with a larger social media platform than ever before, though that would go in their favor as well. I don't envy their position or jobs. (Though, I'd like the simguru cheat options for my game. :D )

Yes, I may or may not buy the pack. I don't know yet. I haven't decided. I am in a situation where I could if I wanted to. Others may want to save their moolah and wait for a better pack to come along. We're all incredibly different with situations, tastes, expections, etc. Buy it if you want, don't buy it if you want. Do what you want. What makes the most sense for you.

While I have no issues at all about stating why we don't like whatever it is we don't like because that is our right as a consumer who is shelling out the dough for their product, continuing to complain about it isn't the answer. Sure, we should state our opinion. The gurus have always, always said they wanted our feedback. But then stop. If you don't like it, then let's stand up and do something...like not buy their product anymore or walk away to find another game that is doing a better job that we want to support. Otherwise, it'll never change. The world isn't changed by sitting around complaining...it's changed by doing.

My two cents. Please, no hate. <3

I do feel sorry for the gurus, too, and I do not blame them for this. However, this sort of public criticism comes with the territory of working for EA, and the fact that we like the gurus shouldn't stop us from voicing our opinions.

Regarding your other point about the game being compared to its predecessors: It has some big shoes to fill. And it seems to me that most points of criticism that are based on a comparison to previous games are not about the game being different from predecessors but rather less than them.

Edited to add: I hope you don't perceive this as hate as it certainly isn't meant as such.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Im annoyed too. I feel like a negative nancy but I paid $40 for this pack already and they chose not to include it. I MIGHT buy it in a couple months when its half price but I wont pay $10 for this. Ridiculous.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    It's a DLC for a DLC. Why didn't they just add this to the original Expansion Pack that hasn't even been out that long. I feel they are nickel and diming us to death! I don't care about dressing my pets. I don't care about having a hamster and a new fish tank even if that fish tank is cool. I still think they could have given us more content with the Expansion Pack like we got in Sims 3 with horses, birds, snakes, turtles, etc.

I actually own every single pack, but I'm seriously getting tired of the lack luster quality we have been getting. I was quite happy with Jungle Adventures and bought it right away, thinking now we have something more original only to see this major fail so soon after its release.

Shame on you EA!!
  • Options
    StaticSimStaticSim Posts: 19 Member
    The content we've seen so far feels like it could've/should've been in Cats and Dogs. Modders have already made decor hedgehogs and whatnot to serve this purpose anyway.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    Honestly, I'm not getting it out of principle. If this SP sells well, expect to have more EPs with items left out to pad out SPs. No thanks. Many people here complained about C&D being so light on content -- I know because I was one of them but by far not the only one. General consensus was wait until it was half price because it's not worth the full price.

Well, now we know why it was light on content. I really do not want to encourage this by spending money on something that looks to be really shady. I know it's $10; that's a couple of lattes. It's not the money.
  • Options
    TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member
    The work that was needed to make the coffee table, end tables and new animations was more than $10, everything else is bonus! Everything I saw in the pack is awesome, new kid and toddler items, FINALLY a round coffee table. I'm sad not more people are excited about it, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Man I needed a power nap after that emotional rollercoaster. Gonna pipe in yet again and have a say.

I have no problem with the quality. I have no problem with a company making money. I have no problem with whats in this pack even.. the kids stuff, other pet stuff ect. I know people that play with that stuff will get enjoyment out of it.
    I have a problem that I've bought everything so far and my game is getting glutted with stuff I won't use at this point.
    I want little pets, I want them all. Seriously here's my wallet. I enjoy my game that much. I just don't want all the extra stuff tied to them that really has nothing to do with them.
    Sad part is I'd even spend the 10 for the pack for the hamster (and reskin options), the animations surrounding it including the tie in to other packs, and the new disease possibility much more easily if it didn't have all the other things that had nothing to do with them. I'm going to have to seriously think if I want to keep buying more stuff that gluts my game up just to get one option (that I want) because it's looking like it's going to be a pattern.
    I think I'm just flummoxed because I can see more of the same treatment with every small pet left.. and have I mentioned that I want them all?
    Why couldn't you just have made a Cats & Dogs add on in a year or so? Maybe one that included Doghouses?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It's been 4 months - are you saying they should be years apart - that it would make it better? I don't get that - but I am glad some devs heard the pleas of people wanting smaller pets and did something about it. Why should it be free? I don't get that - those people had to work their jobs and get paid for the work - but you believe what that they should work for free because you bought cats and dogs. So they give us other pets and added in stuff for our Cats and dogs so they have more stuff as people requested - but now you want it for free.

Well I bought milk last week and have to buy it again this week - same milk even - should I demand the store give it to me for free because i just bought some last week?

Course not - but that is what you and others are saying should be the case even though it is a totally different pack. It's like once a pack is done - if it adds to another pack - people want it for free. I don't get that line of thought when nothing else in life works that way.

Yes.

Either people want it for free, or for the same price as ten years ago. I don't know about you, but around where I live, inflation has caused most items to go up in price. Restaurants, movies, food, clothing, real estate. The minimum wage is increasing in all states (and the state I live, it's one of the highest). If it hasn't gone up it's because it's completely outsourced (e.g. Walmart) and then people complain about that.

The whole "this content should have been included with that pack" mentality is kind of weird to me. The truth is, we have never had a Pets pack for Sims 4. We have a Cats and Dogs pack. (If they had just added the hamster, it would have been called Cats and Dogs and Hamsters. Not a very catchy EP name.)

If you wanted all the pets in one EP you would probably have had to wait another 6 to 9 months and it would have cost around $60. Personally, I am glad to have the cats and dogs to play with up front.

People are being given options, nothing has been taken away. Now there is something extra, that is completely optional, and suddenly people are feeling bad. I'm sorry others are feeling disappointed. I felt that way when I thought vampires were nerfed, but I don't feel that way now because nothing has been taken away and I don't have expectations about how things "should have been".

Now onto how I feel about this particular pack:

I don't care about new pet clothing or furniture that much, so if it were that alone I would not buy it. And if the new hamsters were like they were in previous versions I wouldn't buy it either. In past versions small caged animals were cute but like furniture. You held them, fed them, cleaned the cage. But not very interesting.

However, I have a feeling there may be more unique gameplay with these small hamster/rodents than in previous versions. That and the NEW DEATH! are the reasons I will consider it. Just like laundry had more depth than in Sims 3. Things are just different this time around. I will wait to hear more about the gameplay, which is the major reason I purchase stuff packs.

Finally, I may be in the minority about this, but I don't mind, in theory at least, that some DLC might require previous DLC. Because the idea that once we have gotten content in a pack, it can never be expanded on sounds so limiting.

For example, yes -- I would pay to have a pack that uses GTW as a base and expands upon Sixam, maybe giving us a Sixam-based world, and completely updates the retail system, complete with usable cash registers, etc. Would I prefer that would have been included with GTW to begin with? Absolutely. Do want to encourage lackluster development? Absolutely not. But the alternative is wait 5 more years for a similar pack to be released with Sims 5. And who knows what Sims 5 will be like (if there even will be one).

I want more stuff for gtw as well and I want horeses to but I'm afraid we might not get them because people are acting this way
    just because they put a hamster in a stuff pack dragons didn't come with pets in sims 3
    and I really want dragons most of all and birds but if people act this way every time they do something different we may never get those things
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    The work that was needed to make the coffee table, end tables and new animations was more than $10, everything else is bonus! Everything I saw in the pack is awesome, new kid and toddler items, FINALLY a round coffee table. I'm sad not more people are excited about it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Is there an aquarium end table as well?
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I mean, I’d get upset but then I remember they sold “premium worlds” in Sims 3 for what? 30-35 dollars? Don’t have the energy to even get angry, I’m surprised it took them this long.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Very much doubt I'll buy this and disappointed because I buy it all and have enjoyed it all.
    I want the hamster, but not if I only get it in that huge contraption. Why not another smaller and more basic cage also for other types of families?
    I don't need anymore kids stuff... or pet clothes. I know there are people who will enjoy it. I know that and much happiness in your game play for those who do. I'm just feeling left out because I'll have to spend for a hamster cage that I would only use in a rich sims home with children... and yes I get it My First Pet. There goes my mad scientist idea too.. I would have bought this if it were more versatile.

Well I also have a hammy irl and believe me if u say u wanna put a hammy in any cage smaller than that then people in hammy forums (especially in Germany) would accuse u of animal abuse (tho personality I don’t think it matters that much)
  • Options
    KeelyQueLindaKeelyQueLinda Posts: 15 Member
    Stuff like this is why I stopped giving EA my coins after a certain point with the TS3 worlds. And they are really doing the most with these Stuff Packs. You could've really added these additional clothing items in a patch as well as the hamster. This all should have been in Cats & Dogs, you should've just spent more time on it and made it pets. You gonna had a separate stuff pack for snakes and fish next?

People in her complaining however, are STILL going to buy the Stuff Pack so I dunno what the point of whining if you're still going to show them support by giving them your coins and making it as if this stuff is perfectly okay for them to do. It's just money grabs at this point. "Give them the minimum they'll buy it. And add stuff later to make more money out of em,"
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Pygmy hedgehogs??? I'm sold!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Very much doubt I'll buy this and disappointed because I buy it all and have enjoyed it all.
    I want the hamster, but not if I only get it in that huge contraption. Why not another smaller and more basic cage also for other types of families?
    I don't need anymore kids stuff... or pet clothes. I know there are people who will enjoy it. I know that and much happiness in your game play for those who do. I'm just feeling left out because I'll have to spend for a hamster cage that I would only use in a rich sims home with children... and yes I get it My First Pet. There goes my mad scientist idea too.. I would have bought this if it were more versatile.

Well I also have a hammy irl and believe me if u say u wanna put a hammy in any cage smaller than that then people in hammy forums (especially in Germany) would accuse u of animal abuse (tho personality I don’t think it matters that much)

I get that they need more space than I probably gave them as a kid. I had a smaller one and one of those tunnel ones. I'm just thinking about other stories I could tell with them. In the science lab for instance or in a poorer family home.. they just aren't going to get that treatment there. So yeah maybe someone out there is trying to drive home the point of size actually needed for the care and happiness of the pet while making this pack. I can see that coming from the team, can't say it's a bad thing. I guess I'll see too if modders can do anything with it later maybe.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LyssaMarie316LyssaMarie316 Posts: 13 New Member
    Don't get me wrong super excited to be able to make a hedgehog. I like making my boyfriend and I, being able to make our cats was a plus for me once I got Cats & Dogs, and now I can make our hedgie too. But....

This is all stuff that should have been in Cats & Dogs making it an over all "Pets" EP. Just like how the "Toddle Stuff Pack" was all things that should have come out with the Toddlers update. It's starting to get really annoying to have to buy more stuff to make the lacking features feel less lacking. It's hard to not buy it all anyways because I want to enjoy Sims 4 as much as I did 3, and just going back to 3 is not an option because it's basically unplayable even on a high end build computer unless you get rid of half the EPs and make the game play for 3 lacking...

They've been making a habit of (what is very quickly coming across as intentional) making what you get from EPs very lacking and then using SPs to add things we should have gotten to begin with. I get that they are a company and need to make money to keep going... but they could have easily made Cats & Dogs with the things they are putting out in this SP, then made an SP later with other things to compliment the pack. Because that's what SPs should do, compliment the game (or in this case the EP) not complete it.
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not getting it out of principle. If this SP sells well, expect to have more EPs with items left out to pad out SPs. No thanks. Many people here complained about C&D being so light on content -- I know because I was one of them but by far not the only one. General consensus was wait until it was half price because it's not worth the full price.

Well, now we know why it was light on content. I really do not want to encourage this by spending money on something that looks to be really shady. I know it's $10; that's a couple of lattes. It's not the money.

Star Wars Battlefront II and Mass Effect: Andromeda says hi.

This is an on-going problem with EA. The latter I spent $70 (PS4-Deluxe Edition) on and was highly disappointed.

Oh, and Mass Effect: Andromeda is less than a year old and was on sale for $15.99 last week.
    giphy.gif

So, yes it is best to wait if unsure about a game.
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I'm sorry EA but I'm not really interested in this pack. I'm actually a little surprised(only a little) that it's not a season EP coming. Because after C&D people seem to mostly have a craving for seasons. I know man complained about not enough pets in C&D but I don't think they meant make a new pack and include those, we want to pay for the stuff we feel like you should allready have given us.

There will always be those who love the game and wants all the stuff you spew out, but to me it seems like with this game(TS4) there are more people who don't buy everything you put out than before, maybe you should think about that
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    This is so bad that now I'm playing The Sims Mobile... You know, a "wait this amount of time or pay" sort of game, because they seem less scummy about their practices and it gives me my sims fix. This has gone down a very very outrageous route. What's even funnier is that they didn't catch up on all the backlash and are not even trying to fix this.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @mirta000 Until the money dries up and no more is given, of course they'll go ahead and not bother.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Yeah this is disappointing on EA's part to a point where I'm kinda angry. Unfortunately we have the first ever dlc for dlc. This could have easily been added into the EP and feels very cash brabby. I'm just so disappointed in this pack.