Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could The Exterminator Be Making A Return?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I don't know if anyone remembers the "Animal Control Officer" in "Sims Unleashed" for the original "The Sims".

I quote from the Prima Guide for "Sims Unleashed"

"Aside from protecting the rights of puppies and kittens, the A.C.Officer is ready, willing and able to rid your home of furry pests, namely raccoons and skunks. In most cases your Dog does an adequate job of keeping raccoons away.................If raccoons ignore your dog, or even worse kick its' butt in a fight, you had better call Animal Control to remove the critter."

It might be a good thing for clearing up some of the problems in the C and D pack but wouldn't be useful if you didn't have it - unless pests and skunks come for free? :o
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    He changed it to the mouse now. So im pretty sure he is hinting towards pests and not specifically insects.

Meaning i don't think he is teasing a huge bug fix patch.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I'm thinking the February patch might be for the 18th anniversary of the Sims (seeing as the 16th and 17th anniversary patches came in February.) This exterminator could be a nice callback to the Sims 2.
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    He changed it to the mouse now. So im pretty sure he is hinting towards pests and not specifically insects.

Meaning i don't think he is teasing a huge bug fix patch.

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I had started to think it was going to be a big bug fix, but a mouse doesn't fit that theory.
  • Options
    I'm thinking the February patch might be for the 18th anniversary of the Sims (seeing as the 16th and 17th anniversary patches came in February.) This exterminator could be a nice callback to the Sims 2.

I hope its as nice as the anniversary patch a couple years ago when we got the grilled cheese aspiration, kleptomaniac trait and other things.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

Idk if this was another tease or not. Maybe they are planning on lowering bills in the next patch.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Idk if this was another tease or not. Maybe they are planning on lowering bills in the next patch.

I really hope they don’t, not this far into the game. I thought the gurus were all for the higher billing, at least they said that was something they mutually agreed on to make the game a little more challenging. A nerf to bills would just make earning money way easier than it already is.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @LoveMcQueen5683 Or, more bills to pay now that we have to hire exterminators.
  • Options

I really hope they don’t, not this far into the game. I thought the gurus were all for the higher billing, at least they said that was something they mutually agreed on to make the game a little more challenging. A nerf to bills would just make earning money way easier than it already is.

I don't really think it was but it was a weird tweet so who knows.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @LoveMcQueen5683 Or, more bills to pay now that we have to hire exterminators.

If exterminators were included, they would most likely provide an option to terminate pests yourself if you don't feel paying.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Here's my guess: it's not exterminators, as SimGuruGraham said it has nothing to do with pest control on Twitter. And the icon has been changed again to that wreath that came with Laundry day - which has a Magic description....

So my guess - they are working on Witches/Magic, and pests are related to spells that a Witch can cast!
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Here's my guess: it's not exterminators, as SimGuruGraham said it has nothing to do with pest control on Twitter. And the icon has been changed again to that wreath that came with Laundry day - which has a Magic description....

So my guess - they are working on Witches/Magic, and pests are related to spells that a Witch can cast!

I interpreted that as the next stuff pack has nothing to do with pest control, because he was talking about what he was working on next. His changing twitter pictures could still be hinting at a free patch, though - maybe for the 18 year anniversary.
  • Options

I interpreted that as the next stuff pack has nothing to do with pest control, because he was talking about what he was working on next. His changing twitter pictures could still be hinting at a free patch, though - maybe for the 18 year anniversary.

Im confused by both his tweets. He says he goes to Australia and has (M)axis take care of his pest control needs. Like ok obviously that's not true but then he hints at the similarity between the two companies. Then he says the ruse is up and some of you knew on day 2. Was the ruse you were just trolling us for 5 days? That would be fine and dandy but then he changes his profile to the wreath that people were speculating that would be hinting towards magic. So is magic coming in a patch? Because i seriously doubt it. Thats way too big a patch unless they half-bake it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they did. Then he is like stuff packs dont do hints. So is that further confirmation that magic is coming? Was the constantly changing profile pics to pests a hint towards a transformation spell where you can turn sims into roaches, spiders, mouses, etc?

The only solid, clear thing he said was that exterminator npc is not coming in the next patch.

He says the ruse is up but is it? Because Im more confused than ever.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Im confused by both his tweets. He says he goes to Australia and has (M)axis take care of his pest control needs. Like ok obviously that's not true but then he hints at the similarity between the two companies. Then he says the ruse is up and some of you knew on day 2. Was the ruse you were just trolling us for 5 days? That would be fine and dandy but then he changes his profile to the wreath that people were speculating that would be hinting towards magic. So is magic coming in a patch? Because i seriously doubt it. Thats way too big a patch unless they half-bake it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they did. Then he is like stuff packs dont do hints. So is that further confirmation that magic is coming? Was the constantly changing profile pics to pests a hint towards a transformation spell where you can turn sims into roaches, spiders, mouses, etc?

The only solid, clear thing he said was that exterminator npc is not coming in the next patch.

He says the ruse is up but is it? Because Im more confused than ever.

LOL I just read that too. I guess I give up on speculating and will just wait and see what happens. If he was only trolling, that's pretty low. BUT -- I had been thinking about how dead the Speculation and Rumor section was lately and he sure did liven it up over the last few days.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'm so done with this section of the forum. This is the last time I get caught up in the speculation. I should have known better except I didn't think we'd get trolled so hard.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'm so done with this section of the forum. This is the last time I get caught up in the speculation. I should have known better except I didn't think we'd get trolled so hard.

I don't even care that he trolled. I mean its kinda unprofessional and it will always be blown out of proportion and upset people. And in this case, it was a 5 day troll that lead to nothing.

Im just confused and triggered that he says the ruse is up and then changes his pic to the magic wreath, which is another hot topic speculation on the forum.

And he's on Twitter being like, "I don't do hints." So what exactly are you doing right now? Lmao.

But yeah. I'll just wait to see what's going to happen. It was interesting while it lasted, like @ClassicalSim said, but I can't trust anything @SimGuruGraham says now.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Stuff packs don't do hints. So game pack? Witches and evil magic or something to do with the adventure pack. I would speculate fear, but I have never heard of anyone being afraid of silverfish...
  • Options
    Lol. I've calmed down now. No more speculating for me. :p
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Yeah, I'm genuinely confused. I don't.. ugh. :disappointed:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It was a joke. Stop taking it so seriously. Relax and breath. We're the ones that turned Graham's snowball into an avalanche. No, that's not a hint for Seasons.
  • Options
    You're so right. Still, no more speculating for me. I'm out. :)