Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could The Exterminator Be Making A Return?

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
Maybe in the February patch?

xCGp5Zs.png

The exterminator is a Service NPC in The Sims 2. If there is garbage on a lot, or the lot has been visited by evil witches[TS2:AL], and cockroaches are crawling around, call the exterminator and they will rid the lot of them.

Sims in The Sims 2 can use bug spray to kill cockroaches if the player does not wish to call an exterminator. Sims who try to stomp on roaches are likely to get sick.

The Exterminator wears a yellow suit with orange details and a hat. They also carry a tub of bug spray on their back which connects to a hose in their hand. If a household has a butler, he will call the exterminator, but he cannot actually spray the cockroaches himself.

The exterminator charges §10 per visit, and §50 per hour. If the service is called before 9:00 am, an exterminator will come at 9:00 am. The exterminator will leave when all bugs are dead, but will not clean up the dead bugs.

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I would love this. It would add more fun in this game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake confirmed back in October that information on free content would no longer be shown in the quarterly teasers as they are on a different schedule and aren't always complete in time for the video.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    SimGuruDrake confirmed back in October that information on free content would no longer be shown in the quarterly teasers as they are on a different schedule and aren't always complete in time for the video.

I think you're right. I'm guessing the exterminator will be patched in and it somehow relates to the adventure gamepack. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited January 2018
    Seems as though that symbol is for the next SP. I can't remember, were butlers part of a stuff pack or free patch? If they were part of a SP then it's very likely an exterminator will be part of the upcoming SP! And they already have the bug spray animation in game from gardening. Woo!

I'd LOVE an exterminator and all kinds of infestations >:)
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

But the speculation based on the exterminator is comjng from @SimGuruGraham changing his profile picture
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    And his current picture is a different kind of bug!!! EEP.
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Seems as though that symbol is for the next SP. I can't remember, were butlers part of a stuff pack or free patch? If they were part of a SP then it's very likely an exterminator will be part of the upcoming SP! And they already have the bug spray animation in game from gardening. Woo!

Butler came with the stuff pack.

But i thinks its probably more likely the exterminator npc is returning then a bug stuff pack because of all the evidence against it.

But people have been wanting firefighters, burglars, and cops and even the social bunny more than the exterminator so I don't see it being well received amongst the community.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

But the speculation based on the exterminator is comjng from @SimGuruGraham changing his profile picture

I think she's saying that Graham could still be hinting on this quarter's patch content even though there were no patch hints in the quarterly teaser.
  • Options
    Cool! He changed it again. :p

Plb61Sm.png
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    @simgirl1010 That icon is of a Silverfish, they like to eat holes in clothing. So an exterminator is needed to get rid of them.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 That icon is of a Silverfish, they like to eat holes in clothing. So an exterminator is needed to get rid of them.

With all that dirty laundry laying around, we will need an exterminator to kill bugs.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'd like to have pests in general in game just to make my sims lives miserable. There's really no consequences for having trash laying about everywhere than an uncomfortable moodlet. Though, I hope it's a patch and not pack related to have bugs because that would really bug me.

:p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

But i thinks its probably more likely the exterminator npc is returning then a bug stuff pack because of all the evidence against it.

But people have been wanting firefighters, burglars, and cops and even the social bunny more than the exterminator so I don't see it being well received amongst the community.

We also might need those other NPC's too! Just maybe not the Social Bunny..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

We also might need those other NPC's too! Just maybe not the Social Bunny..?

I want the social bunny. I found him so funny in the sims 2. And theres no consequence from low social need in the sims 4.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully they do add pest exterminators and sickness that comes with them to this game the worlds are just to perfect. It would only make having a messy Sim that much better they don't have much now their beds are even always perfect.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Pests in City Living, piles of dirty clothing in Laundry Day Stuff, it seems appropriate to have the Exterminator make a visit, I'm guessing we'll be getting a base game update next month for actual bugs in the game, alongside the usual bugs. Unless we get a Developer NPC who fixes the game and optimizes it for a heavy fee?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Pests in City Living, piles of dirty clothing in Laundry Day Stuff, it seems appropriate to have the Exterminator make a visit, I'm guessing we'll be getting a base game update next month for actual bugs in the game, alongside the usual bugs. Unless we get a Developer NPC who fixes the game and optimizes it for a heavy fee?

Itd be cool if the mice from city living could show up randomly in houses too if a pest pack is a thing lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Itd be cool if the mice from city living could show up randomly in houses too if a pest pack is a thing lmao

You can already getting the CL mice if you have cats and dogs. The mice hole is painting/sticker you can add. And the mice will come out of it.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    I hope they add cockroaches spawning on your lot if you have much garbage lying around. (Wasn't this also in TS1?)
    This would be great in creating some MUCH NEEDED chaos in TS4!
    A game just isn't fun if it's always happy, bright and perfect without consequences. (And Graham said he listened for player's feedback when they added that lint trap dryer fire; so they definitely know that we want more chaos and drama like in previous games!)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I hope they add cockroaches spawning on your lot if you have much garbage lying around. (Wasn't this also in TS1?)
    A game just isn't fun if it's always happy, bright and perfect without consequences. (And Graham said he listened for player's feedback when they added that lint trap dryer fire; so they definitely know that we want more chaos and drama like in previous games!)
    Who would of thought Sims 4 and its perfect nothing ever happens world would make players desperate for the return of stomping roaches but here we are.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Who would of thought Sims 4 and its perfect nothing ever happens world would make players desperate for the return of stomping roaches but here we are.

There are cockroaches in Sims 4...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Only in 2 apartments included in the CL expansion. Beyond that they don’t exist, and even those roaches aren’t a result of uncleanliness - they’re there to set the scene and make those two apartments appear run down.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Only in 2 apartments included in the CL expansion. Beyond that they don’t exist, and even those roaches aren’t a result of uncleanliness - they’re there to set the scene and make those two apartments appear run down.

This.

I would be disappointed if it’s the exterminator. Of all the npcs that are missing, the exterminator coming back wouldn’t excite me when there are more vital ones missing. *cough fire fighters cough*

In the sims 2 the exterminator came for roaches. The roaches in the sims 4 are dealt with by the landlord. They also as above aren’t are a consequence of poor hygiene but rather a “feature of two apartments”
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    This would work very well with the mice too which are part of both city living and cats and dogs. Also I can see how cats and also some dogs could hunt cockroaches and such. It would definitely be a fun addition! (Maybe part of pre patch for the game pack? Not sure why Graham would be changing icons for that though)
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Burglar, burglar alarm, and police officer should've come back even firefighter should've but they instead are going to give us a useless NPC? Typical of Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1