Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get a free Valentine's Day Update in the February Update?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I think the chances are quiet good since we didn't get a stuffpack like Romantic Garden this year. In 2015 we got a free Valentine's Update which included a bear,2 undies men and women,some new bras women and two tshirts both matching with hearts on them for men and women.

This time I'm hoping we'll get some décor champagne bottles,a heart shaped fireplace and some lip sofas.

Note
Don't confuse this thread with my February Patch Thread as this focuses specifically on a Valentine's Day Freepack. Just want to know if y'all think we might be getting a free vday pack this year.

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I don’t think so. We got nothing last year.

The Sims Anniversary seems to take priority over Valentine’s Day.

At best, maybe a Jasmine Holiday romance boost or something.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    No, we won't. I don't think it's in their plans to add things that "spices up" the game. They are more into childs and family, with TS4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think the chances are quiet good since we didn't get a stuffpack like Romantic Garden this year. In 2015 we got a free Valentine's Update which included a bear,2 undies men and women,some new bras women and two tshirts both matching with hearts on them for men and women.

This time I'm hoping we'll get some décor champagne bottles,a heart shaped fireplace and some lip sofas.

Note
    Don't confuse this thread with my February Patch Thread as this focuses specifically on a Valentine's Day Freepack. Just want to know if y'all think we might be getting a free vday pack this year.

I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @KokoaMilk wrote: »
    No, we won't. I don't think it's in their plans to add things that "spices up" the game. They are more into childs and family, with TS4

Not that true, I’d say a lot of the WooHoo animations have been pushing the boundaries more than previously.

The closet, bush and hot tub WooHoo’s seem a little risky compared to the more “implied” approach WooHoo usually has.
  • Options
    BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    That would be sooo wonderful, but sadly it probably won't happen :/
    mJoj-3.gif

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2018
    We could do with some more undies or sexy nightwear. Current choices are somewhat limited.

Maybe some changes to the date system so that the tasks are more personalised (maybe trait or venue specific ones e.g. cuddle on a bench/picnic bench if at the Park, talk about games if you or your date is a Geek.)

Perhaps an update that adds or improves the attraction system, I mean The Sims will be turning 18 around then, so why not something a little more adult?
  • Options
    That would be sooo wonderful, but sadly it probably won't happen :/

I don't know why they release Christmas Stuff and they 've had 1 Vday Set. Also I think the Jasmine Holiday Boost Weeks and Challenges are done.
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'd be happy if all we got was slow dancing.
  • Options

Me too but I can't see them adding an animation to a patch unless it comes with something like cars eg toddlers added a lot of animations to the patch but the patch didn't have any bug fixes it concentrated on toddlers.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You're just all about free stuff, aren't you. Let the devs work hard on content and then just give it away. Valentines stuff, a new blank world. dancing, cars, etc. Anything else on you GIMME IT FOR FREE list?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You're just all about free stuff, aren't you. Let the devs work hard on content and then just give it away. Valentines stuff, a new blank world. dancing, cars, etc. Anything else on you GIMME IT FOR FREE list?

Why not? We get free Christmas Items. Valentine's Day is also a holiday.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    @jackjack_k believe me, TS2 Nightout fikifiki was something really out of this world! Nothing to compare with TS4.
    There isn't even the suspense of 1st kiss and 1st fikifiki as in TS2! (and u could have used bushes, cars and fitting room too, so, we are talkin' about nearly 20 years ago).
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Oh, God forbid a customer asks for more bang for his buck. It's not like some of us here paid full price for a game that launched without toddlers, pools, ghosts, or family trees without any guarantee from the beginning that these would ever come back.

Honestly, though: I don't get why you're so antagonistic towards Cat. If it bothers you so much, just avoid his threads. You'll be happier that way.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Just hoping that its not a boost/challenge week with jasmine holiday. Console doesnt get them and they're pointless anyways.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Note

I'd love to see a heart-shaped bed! I agree that it feels like a year that might have a Valentine's Day freebie of some kind. It doesn't seem like we're getting the GP till March, given there's usually at least 4 weeks promo time on those, so that leaves February set for something!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited January 2018

I miss this. Please do this, @SimGuruDrake. It's a great romantic interaction. <3@SimGuruNinja @SimGuruRomeo
    Post edited by lovesstorms on
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

I miss this. Please do this, @SimGuruDrake. It's a great romantic interaction. <3

You'd want to ask SimGuruNinja or SimGuruRomeo. I would say Grant but there is no way to contact him.
  • Options

Note

I'd love to see a heart-shaped bed! I agree that it feels like a year that might have a Valentine's Day freebie of some kind. It doesn't seem like we're getting the GP till March, given there's usually at least 4 weeks promo time on those, so that leaves February set for something!

I'm really anxious to hear about GP 6.
  • Options
    simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member

Note

For a GP there is only a 2 week window
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't really expect to see a Valentines patch in 3 years we got heart underwear once. Seeing as they have basically put an end to new way to play every month I expect the patch to be small bug fixes and new bugs to take their place unless the game pack comes in February then they will patch something in to draw players back in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I don't really expect to see a Valentines patch in 3 years we got heart underwear once. Seeing as they have basically put an end to new way to play every month I expect the patch to be small bug fixes and new bugs to take their place unless the game pack comes in February then they will patch something in to draw players back in.

There was more to that vday set then just one pair of heart undies. See my first post. I hope the patch fixes the hampers were clean clothes are going in and you can't wash them.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited January 2018
    It’d be cool if they could add the free valentines ts3 store content (especially the paintings and clothing).
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I would love it if it happened but have been waiting awhile for some more romance stuff (bedcuddles and slow dancing can I have an AMEN). I'd like heart shaped beds too... maybe with patterns from solids to animal print so I can set up a cheesy No-Tell Motel... and Lip Couches to boot!
    egTcBMc.png