Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Expansion Do You Want Next?

Comments

• Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    University
    To be honest, I would love Seasons to be in a game pack. I think if they focused on the weather + interactions, there wouldn't need to be an entire EP dedicated to it ... unless they were to really flesh the idea out ... but I'm cautious since their EP's haven't been the greatest.

I think out of all of those, University would best deserve an EP. It was also one of my favourites from TS2. I'm surprised why people think a Uni EP would be boring ... TS2 University definitely gave me the university lifestyle, and I loved it. There was also the addition of the YA lifestage. It was a breakthrough moment in my opinion. It made family play more enjoyable for me. It was like taking a "break" from the main game/family with completely unique gameplay in a whole different area of the game where my YA Sim got to grow, and it would enable them to start a career ahead of a Sim without a degree ... I thought the concept was very cool. TS2 did a great job, but I would obviously be worried about TS4 pulling through, since it seems like they have had a lot of trouble designing expansion packs for the game.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    University
    > @Luke said:
    > To be honest, I would love Seasons to be in a game pack. I think if they focused on the weather + interactions, there wouldn't need to be an entire EP dedicated to it ... unless they were to really flesh the idea out ... but I'm cautious since their EP's haven't been the greatest.

I agree. Seasons seems like it'd be a game pack unless they go full out with the idea. I do love seasons though, it was one of my favourites alongside university life in sims 3, but I feel like for me personally and in my game, university life would add so much for me. And it'll just add more stuff to actually do and for your sim to experience before getting a job and having a family or whatever
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2018
    Seasons
    Luke wrote: »
    To be honest, I would love Seasons to be in a game pack. I think if they focused on the weather + interactions, there wouldn't need to be an entire EP dedicated to it ... unless they were to really flesh the idea out ... but I'm cautious since their EP's haven't been the greatest.

I think out of all of those, University would best deserve an EP. It was also one of my favourites from TS2. I'm surprised why people think a Uni EP would be boring ... TS2 University definitely gave me the university lifestyle, and I loved it. There was also the addition of the YA lifestage. It was a breakthrough moment in my opinion. It made family play more enjoyable for me. It was like taking a "break" from the main game/family with completely unique gameplay in a whole different area of the game where my YA Sim got to grow, and it would enable them to start a career ahead of a Sim without a degree ... I thought the concept was very cool. TS2 did a great job, but I would obviously be worried about TS4 pulling through, since it seems like they have had a lot of trouble designing expansion packs for the game.

Thesims2 university was great but Thesims3 university was pretty much a disapointment , Business in thesims2 was great, Business in thesims3 was crap, business in thesims4 was better than in Thesims3 but nowhere near as good as in Thesims2, Seasons was good in both thesims2 and thesims3 save for a few details left behind such as some death types, but its a theme people probably have more hope for thesims4 since its very straightfoward, on top of that, its something that affects the totallity of the game, rather than one point in life like University. But i am just explaining, not trying to dissuade you.

I dont mind if seasons are in an GP as long as they are done right.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Seasons
    There's no reason to believe they'd implement the mascot the same way, or at all, in a University EP. I actually really enjoyed Sims 3 University but it felt like it came so late in the game life I didn't really get much use out of it. That's just a personal thing though, obviously I could go back and play it at any time.

I've been dying for weather since Sims 4 came out. But I have to wonder - in Sims 2 and 3, you could keep all the seasons the same, or choose to have three seasons of fall and one of summer, or whatever you liked. Since the devs have repeatedly said that they can't put in things like toggle switches for life states, I wonder if that limitation extends to being able to control which seasons to turn on or off.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons for sure. I'd honestly love all the packs mentioned above but I feel like everything could be put into a gamepack other than an expansion (except maybe for University as I'd like that to be an ep as well)
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    mquirozmommquirozmom Posts: 1 New Member
    I need seasons!! I love changing their clothes but when its always sunny I feel weird putting them in long sleeves and winter type clothing.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    University
    University. But seasons too.
  • Options
    TiaTia Posts: 9 New Member
    I've been waiting for University for a few years now so I'd like to receive University next. My teenage sims aren't really up to anything in game - It'd be nice to focus on them in another world (or via online courses accessed through a home computer).

I don't really understand the request for Seasons. I didn't play TS3 (for aesthetic reasons) but in TS2 Seasons was pretty basic - nothing extremely exciting happened...just some rain and snow (as far as I can remember). Perhaps Seasons in TS3 had more to it? Again, I wouldn't know as I didn't play TS3. Due to the high demand, I'm thinking Seasons will be next...I guess I'll have to wait for University in 2019...or 2020? This is insane.
  • Options
    Nikole1111Nikole1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Vacation Focused EP
    I believe that seasons and university should already be integrated into the base game.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Seasons
    No offense intended, but whats the point of asking which expansion you want next and then saying only select one of those four?

The one I want isnt on there, which is supernatural.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    lexxysimsslexxysimss Posts: 2 New Member
    Seasons
    honesty, any of these i would LOVE to add to my sims 4 game

i LOVED seasons in ts3 because it gave the game more of a realistic feel. i also loved the way you could interact with the seasons, including holidays, playing in the snow, the festivals, etc.

university would be fun. i do have to admit the mascot is kind of annoying when you start a new game. i liked the idea of actually getting a higher education and everything with university. what would be really cool is if, when you have completed university, you unlock better and higher paying jobs or if you major in a certain subject you would get a higher raising job and/or start a normal job at a higher ranking.

i feel like a vacation focused pack would be like world adventures from ts3 but i would be a lot cooler if we could travel more famous places. camping can be fun, but sometimes it can get a little boring.

romantic interactions are defiantly lacking, it would be cool if you could go on different types of dates. instead of "ask on date" and then take you to the world. it could be like "ask on a date..." and let you pick different types depending on whats in the world, like movie dates and going out to dinner etc.

these are just some ideas and opinions :smiley:
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Vacation Focused EP
    Personally, I'd like to see more vacation stuff. All we've had so far is Outdoor Retreat. There's only so much you can do with camping, lol.

But I have a feeling seasons will probably be next, since it's such a commonly asked for thing. Maybe I'll still get more vacations in gamepacks though.

Couldn't care less about University, or any school thing tbh. I haven't been to school irl since 2002 and have no interest going there in a Sims game now lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Seasons
    Why would anybody want to shove seasons into a GP? It's probably a quarter or a third the size. How much seasons stuff are you willing to give up? Clothes? Holidays? Picking and choosing what weather when and where? Holiday parties? You can't put seasons like it was in S3 into a GP. There simply isn't enough room. A lot of stuff that most people would want, would need to be cut. People already complain that things are getting cut and now you're volunteering to cut seasons. Not on my watch.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Seasons
    No offense intended, but whats the point of asking which expansion you want next and then saying only select one of those four?

Because the purpose is obvious, out of these 4 which is the MOST YOU WANT? (Not necessarily like/love it, but if you only had the option, which would you choose?) And I wanted to put supernatural but since it is obviously going the GP route, it was useless.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Seasons
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Because the purpose is obvious, out of these 4 which is the MOST YOU WANT? (Not necessarily like/love it, but if you only had the option, which would you choose?) And I wanted to put supernatural but since it is obviously going the GP route, it was useless.

Well, out of all of then I'd rather have seasons. But I'm guessing that's what most people pick. Seasons and pets have always been the most requested. I'd be more curious to know what people wanted besides seasons, which should be a given.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Seasons
    I would love any of those options but in truth, I would choose Seasons first. (I'm actually hoping for Witches/Magic some day too).
  • Options
    FredraFredra Posts: 42 Member
    Seasons
    I voted for Seasons because I'm a little bit bored of beautiful sunny day... every day. I'm feeling like time in game was stopped, there is no global progression.

But... I'm also miss for more romantic relations. Where gone "slow dance", cute cuddling in bed, real drams after we catching our partner with another Sim?
    I want to more exciting dates, want to getting flowers from my admirer, want to going for a walk in moon shine and holding hands.
    ID: granatoweszklo

Sorry for my english, still learning
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Romantic Focused EP
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    (ONLY OUT OF THESE OPTIONS PLS)

I just realized I should have said 'Romance Focused' o-well

I voted romance but seasons is a short 2nd and vacation 3rd.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Romantic Focused EP
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why would anybody want to shove seasons into a GP? It's probably a quarter or a third the size. How much seasons stuff are you willing to give up? Clothes? Holidays? Picking and choosing what weather when and where? Holiday parties? You can't put seasons like it was in S3 into a GP. There simply isn't enough room. A lot of stuff that most people would want, would need to be cut. People already complain that things are getting cut and now you're volunteering to cut seasons. Not on my watch.

I agree and why would they not do romance in a Gamepack? They could but it's not looking like that will happen. Already there are hints GP 7 will be magic and we only get 2 gps a year now.
  • Options
    DanyVanDriebenDanyVanDrieben Posts: 4 New Member
    Seasons would be great
    I have some suggestions for game extensions.
    1.) Vehicles for the Sims 4. I think that it is difficult to build roads in the existing game worlds. So the vehicles should be based on the Sims runways (That's why only very small cars, bicycles and skates questioned.)
    2.) An active fire-fighting career. As already described in 1.), it must be a very small truck (like the Subaru Sambar Fire Engine Truck) I also suggest two actions:
    a) rescue a cat from a tree: nice: tempt with goodies / mean: saw off the branch
    b) Look after injured people: nice: Encourage injured persons / mean: ridicule injured persons
    It would also be nice to get deco vehicles for the hospital and the police station from " Get To Work ".
    3.) Supernaturals: I would suggest gameplay-packs for the series.
    Werewolves should live in a gloomy forest environment, with American Indian buildings
    Witches should live in a bog / swamp environment (with ghost lights) and with Celtic buildings. The witches should get claws again (as in Sims3), colorful fingernails are still missing in Sims4
    4.) A Gothic- /Steampunk-Accessionspack, just because I find this look very funny. And I want to have the hairstyle with the welder's glasses (please without the infection sign) with the cheeky braids from Sims3 again.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Seasons
    Season *laughing*
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    University
    I voted for University but as someone said before I want an education EP: elementary, middle, high school, university, online classes, etc. It could be great but I also want Seasons and Vacations EP.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    University
    University, but Vacation isn't far behind. I don't really want seasons because I don't think the Sims team will do enough with it and I'll probably just end up dissapointed.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Seasons
    The one everyone's been waiting years for.
  • Options
    karen1991xkaren1991x Posts: 2 New Member
    University
    I want University first and foremost. Seasons can wait.