Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourites

RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
I was wondering if it would be possible for a favourites to be added in purchase/build mode, meaning if you had a favourite lamp or sofa etc, you could mark it as a favourite and it would show a star and put it at the start or in a favourites tab so we dont have to search for what were looking for. Many things I prefer to use in build and can never remember the names so a favourites tab would be a nice thing to have.

Also the tab for the fridge could we get it so we can make it bigger like we can with the inventory bag, the same thing would be used on buy mode so we can see more items rather than the 2-3 line tab we can see at the moment

Is this something you would use and like to see in game?

Favourites 113 votes

yes
88%
icmnfrshSimsprocfunrudy8292neutralsidealexspoom13alan650111aprilroseLomelindi7JBAG521Writin_Regbandcampsquirrelvessmetacheira209DJQ1308g01denswanjoshuasimTijscatloverplayerdetermigJennygg 100 votes
no
5%
candystormrobyngravesDoloresGreyTomatplanteMgalbosmanthus10 6 votes
other
6%
JadeleineFeenkittyCynnaBagoas77marbergInternal_ChaosChazzzy 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    yes
    I’d definitely use a feature like this. Especially for those times that my Sims can’t afford something, but I want to hold onto it somehow so I don’t forget where or what it is.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    yes
    This would be fantastic for all those clutter items that keep getting lost
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    yes
    That would be helpful indeed! Just yesterday I was looking for the curfew planner thingie and blanked out what it might be called (family pinboard).

As a workaround have you tried putting your fav objects into a room and saving that room to your library? Then when you need an item from it you can purchase it from that room instead of browsing through the whole catalogue. I think that's supposed to be the successor to the Collections folders in Sims 2.
  • Options
    VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    yes
    Great idea! I'm all for it.
  • Options
    flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    yes
    That's a really good idea! I really like the search function they added, but you make a good point - I tend to forget what an object is called because sometimes they have wild/crazy names. I would definitely like to see this added
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    yes
    Very nice idea.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    yes
    I'd love this. I loved the collection section in the sims 3 alot as well but a way more simplified section with just favourited items would be amazing as well. There's a lot of items I use in almost all my builds and I would love to be able to just take 'em out super fast.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    So kind of like the collection system in TS3?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    no
    This is a fantastic idea and I see how it would be helpful to a lot of players, but I don't think that it would be a feature that I would use too often, or at all.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    other
    Rather than "favorites" I would prefer to have collections back. It's the same idea as favorites, really. However, it's more flexible - allowing for categorizing of objects by set, or function, or any kind of designation that one can imagine.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    yes
    I would really like this.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    yes
    Cynna wrote: »
    Rather than "favorites" I would prefer to have collections back. It's the same idea as favorites, really. However, it's more flexible - allowing for categorizing of objects by set, or function, or any kind of designation that one can imagine.

Didn't even remember that! I'd much prefer that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    yes
    Yes and favorite makeup,clothing and hairstyles as well.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    yes
    Yes and favorite makeup,clothing and hairstyles as well.
    Favorite color, food, and music as well
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    yes
    It would be cool if we had an attraction system
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2018
    other
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »

Didn't even remember that! I'd much prefer that.

Yep, collections were wonderful. After all this time, I wish that it had been a base game option. I organized all my CC in collections. It became so easy to find things for exactly the function or theme that I needed at the moment. Building was a breeze.

It's a nice idea, but I'm afraid that a "favorites" category would become just as cluttered as the categories that we have right now -- perhaps even more so. At least, it would be cluttered for me. I have so many favorite things from so many different categories.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    yes
    I miss the collections from TS2 & TS3. :(
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    yes
    Yes, as we're getting more and more items, searching for one particular thing would be endless. Also I wish they would give the Digital Deluxe items their own icon and category.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    yes
    Great idea!
  • Options
    beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    yes
    Yesss! Every time, there is a new ep, the decorations section becomes crazy. It takes extra time to find what I want.
    pncFLnjBj
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    yes
    I'd love this for build/buy mode & cas
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    other
    I might use it once or twice
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    yes
    :*          
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited January 2018
    other
    It would be great to have the option to make our own categories and files for objects and furnitures, remember sims 3 style? Sims 3 has this great customization tool for organizing everything and plenty of choices for the file icons. For example I had files for wedding, party, romantic etc.
  • Options
    FeenkittyFeenkitty Posts: 26 Member
    other
    I wish we could make collections like in a previous version of the game. (Was it Sims 2 or 3? I don't remember.) Also, I wish we could save our own styled looks in CAS.