Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats & Dogs SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I thought they said dogs couldn't improve in agility, the training improvement went to the sim, not the pet, they could get better but it wasn't a skill for them?

I might have misheard that. I'll go make it vaguer :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I thought they said dogs couldn't improve in agility, the training improvement went to the sim, not the pet, they could get better but it wasn't a skill for them?

I might have misheard that. I'll go make it vaguer :)

It might be my hearing. My real life puppies are being naughty so may have misheard?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No competitions anyway :(
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    The leaked gameplay video only showed a skill bar above the Sims' head, so it makes sense what you say.
  • Options
    There is no dog houses but cat trees
  • Options
    Cats and dogs can run away and come back pregnant if not spayed
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    They just said if your pet isn't spayed and they run away, they can come back pregnant.

That's pretty awesome and realistic.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    We're saved btw :) Ageing can be done manually
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they said dogs can not jump up on counters, only cats. But big dogs can place their front paws on the counter, small dogs are too short.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think they said dogs can not jump up on counters, only cats. But big dogs can place their front paws on the counter, small dogs are too short.

In the first trailer I saw two big dogs jumping and barking at a cat that's sitting on a counter, while the cat just looked board
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited October 2017
    Just an FYI that I kept editing my last post on p. 16 so some people might want to catch up again! I'll get this all into the OP posts when I can. Have to get some work done!

Link to the Twitch channel for people who missed it! https://go.twitch.tv/thesims It'll be there for rewatching after it's done. It's an hour and half at least, and lots of fun!

And mark your calendars for three more livestreams! One for live mode, one for the vet career, and one for Brindleton Bay!

@luthienrising Three livestreams? I only see two on the twitch events page, there it says live mode and Brindleton Bay are in the same stream. Not saying you're wrong just curious where you heard that, I don't want to miss a stream!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

This is good. It's basically a "birthday cake" treat you can buy or make, so it doesn't make a difference.

In the stream they said you can sell puppies and kittens from your home lot, you just can't sell it from a store because puppy mills are controversial, but apparently earning money with pet breeding from your home lot is ok.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

This is good. It's basically a "birthday cake" treat you can buy or make, so it doesn't make a difference.

In the stream they said you can sell puppies and kittens from your home lot, you just can't sell it from a store because puppy mills are controversial, but apparently earning money with pet breeding from your home lot is ok.

Maybe they just felt it would be less controversial if we sold them from our own homes versus a puppy mill.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    From the CAP livestream:

New roof type (types??) will be in the free patch!

Also:
    • You don't have to have a collar to walk your dog.
    • Cats "jump on basically everything"
    • The new radio station is Singer Songwriter.
    • There are not pet allergies.
    • You can't walk your cat.
    • There are ghost pets but not ghost puppies.
    • Dogs and cats can only die of old age. The reason for this was that they found it too disturbing in gameplay otherwise in their own test playing.
    • There is a townie called Mayor Whiskers. (I think that's a townie cat?)
    • Pets can enter most lots but not Sixam.
    • The pets are voiced by real people. (Also, there are people who only record cat and dog voices for a living! And there are people who specialize in fox voices and raccoon voices!)
    • Dogs can be trained in agility. Training is a Sim skill. (edited - thanks @MidnightAura !)
    • The world has 3 neighbourhoods + 1 special one. (Will show that stuff in two weeks.)
    • Big dogs can jump on counters but little dogs can't jump up there.
    • Pets can eat people food.
    • You can travel with cats, though you can't walk them on a leash.
    • There are no pet contests.
    • You can make gourmet pet food.
    • There will be strays around the world.
    • Cats, small dogs, and puppies can be carried.
    • Many of the the dogs can sleep on Sim beds.
    • You can set "natural" or "fixed" (neutered) in CAP with the three dots.
    • Cats can't swim; they put the effort in development instead in things that cats commonly do that are different from dogs.
    • Pets can run away and come back.
    • Dogs chase cats.
    • Pets live 3-4 Sim weeks if you start with an adult on Normal life span.
    • There are not dog houses. There are cat condos/trees.
    • Runaway cats/dogs can come back pregnant (!!)
    • There are not three-legged animals because everything would need reanimating so would limit other development, but also because it's sad/depressing. (editorial comment from me: there seems to be a nudge against making things that are depressing in game, even if we wouldn't all find it depressing)
    • There's a category for going-for-a-walk dog clothes.
    • The robot-cleaning thing can clean up pet messes. Pets can be potty-trained.
    Aw heck no! It's been hundred days since it was not here like come on! You know what fine, I will wait for the Celebrity pack or House party pack!
  • Options
    samemie wrote: »
    Just an FYI that I kept editing my last post on p. 16 so some people might want to catch up again! I'll get this all into the OP posts when I can. Have to get some work done!

Link to the Twitch channel for people who missed it! https://go.twitch.tv/thesims It'll be there for rewatching after it's done. It's an hour and half at least, and lots of fun!

And mark your calendars for three more livestreams! One for live mode, one for the vet career, and one for Brindleton Bay!

@luthienrising Three livestreams? I only see two on the twitch events page, there it says live mode and Brindleton Bay are in the same stream. Not saying you're wrong just curious where you heard that, I don't want to miss a stream!

@SimGuruDrake said this, I believe. (Going on memory here.) But I also didn't check the events page, so you may be right that it's two.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Maybe they just felt it would be less controversial if we sold them from our own homes versus a puppy mill.

It did sound like we can sell from our homes, but it's probably like giving up for adoption would be - you get money but it's not a Sim-to-Sim transaction. That, however, is speculation. I imagine we can ask at the live mode stream.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited October 2017

Also, my understanding is, yes you can sell them from your home lot, BUT they poof away? Does that mean you don't sell them to the neighbors but instead, like an adoption place?
    ETA: adoption place like where they poof and disappear. Is that the way you understood it?
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited October 2017

Three of our dogs were bought from home breeders. What’s wrong with that? We wanted puppies of a certain breed, and they aren’t often available in animal shelters. All three were raised in their breeders Home, among the family. Exposure to kids, the other family dogs, and attention from the family. Unless people think all Home breeders run puppy mills? My oldest boy toy poodle was raised among his parents, and even some older siblings. They roamed free around the house. He was loved by the family and when we got him at nine weeks he was a very well adjusted boy.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member

Three of our dogs were bought from home breeders. What’s wrong with that? We wanted puppies of a certain breed, and they aren’t often available in animal shelters. All three were raised in their breeders Home, among the family. Exposure to kids, the other family dogs, and attention from the family. Unless people think all Home breeders run puppy mills? My oldest boy toy poodle was raised among his parents, and even some older siblings. They roamed free around the house. He was loved by the family and when we got him at nine weeks he was a very well adjusted boy.

Breeding is a controversial topic and it has been discussed in other threads but the OP has asked us to keep discussions out of this one and leave it for info. They were not trying to offend anyone in saying it’s conroversial.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Please, let's not start this conversation again. We don't want this info thread closed. Move on, please!
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

Breeding is a controversial topic and it has been discussed in other threads but the OP has asked us to keep discussions out of this one and leave it for info. They were not trying to offend anyone in saying it’s conroversial.

Oh, okay, thanks!
  • Options
    I definitely heard you can give pets away via household management. Someone else heard that apparently pets can be sold from home. But you can get pets from the adoption centre or CAP.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

So aparently this age up treat for pets can be purchased from a vet clinic vending machine, and there is also an age down treat! So if you play with normal aging you could make your pet be young forever by aging him down until you want him to pass away, as well as aging him up if you play with aging off. I wonder what else this vending machine sells!
  • Options

So aparently this age up treat for pets can be purchased from a vet clinic vending machine, and there is also an age down treat! So if you play with normal aging you could make your pet be young forever by aging him down until you want him to pass away, as well as aging him up if you play with aging off. I wonder what else this vending machine sells!

Thanks! And just so that's visible here:
    @SimGuruSarah:
    Some clarity on Pets Aging Up: There is no manual interaction on the Pet. You can, however, purchase an age-up (or down!) treat from the vet clinic vending machine. I'm sorry that I created confusion yesterday, that wasn't my intention. Happy Simming!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top