The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding the Base Game: a challenge

XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
The base game comes with a bunch of ready-made houses in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. But ... maybe you're not 100% happy with them. Maybe you think the rooms are too big, or the rooms are too small, or inadequately organised.... And, then again, those houses were made a long time ago, before updates to the game gave us pools, half-walls, and toddlers; maybe some of these houses are just crying out for a pool. Any house with three or more bedrooms could certainly stand to see one bedroom converted into a toddler's nursery....

So here's the challenge.

Simply put: REBUILD. Treat the existing house as a concept sketch and push the design one step further.

1) Pick one of the base game houses, something with plenty of distinctive features.
2) Note down how many bedrooms/bathrooms it's supposed to have, and how many it actually has. Whichever number is higher, that's the number of bedrooms/bathrooms your rebuild must have.
3) Note down all the distinctive features, the things that make that house uniquely what it is. (Ophelia Villa is a gothic revival clad in black, for instance; Cypress Terrace has that double-height living room.) You must try to incorporate as many of those distinctive features into your rebuild as you can.
4) Bulldoze the lot and rebuild!
5) Share! Tell us what you changed, and why!
6) Profit!

Oh, and one more point: for an extra challenge and extra bragging rights, try building with only the base game objects when building in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs; you may include objects from Get To Work for Magnolia Promenade, or Get Together for Windenburg.

No deadline, no competition. I'd just like to see what everybody comes up with.

Comments

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I did this in beginning of S4 release and redid everything (room wise). My redesigns looked plum but I had fun. I lost those saves due to some dimmdrive issues, ugh. I make a bunch of base game only builds, but after getting all the packs, I just can't resist anymore. This is a good challenge though as base game only can be extremely challenging.
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh! You are making this an official challenge now! YAY! I have loved seeing your rebuilds, so I'd be excited to see others do them as well! If I see something in the game I feel like rebuilding, then I will keep this in mind.. but right now there are so many things I want to do and so little time! Arrrrgh! : :s
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"