Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funeral Ideas for the Dangerous SP

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    What would you want in a funeral?

I'm seeing a lot of threads popping up about the Dangerous Stuff Pack idea.

My favorite aspect here is the funeral idea itself. That we can finally have a possible working funeral in the sims would be awesome for game play and for story telling. I'd love to hear ideas of how people would want the funeral itself to be handled.

I have my own ideas and will post here separately. Please share your ideas on a possible funeral experience.

I would love it if there's an interaction at the end of the funeral, that either lets the sims ghost appear in two days, or that instantly puts the ghost to rest.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2017
    Would be cool to get a casket for the service, and then the grim reaper would come at the end to transform it into either an urn or tombstone.

Would also love to see different tombstones. Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 had different tombstones/urns based on what your sim had accomplished in their life, would be cool to see that back.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The caskets used for funerals can also be occupied by vampires if you have them. So new beds!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Terra thank you for posting I never saw the thread you mentioned. I did a read through and for the most part loved all of the suggestions. I also looked up the Empathy thread that is a wonderful idea. I'll be browsing and responding to both.
    Great ideas everyone keep them coming I just want to be heard about this topic it's important to me and many others. I'm not sure this could all fit in an SP truthfully. I hope it comes sooner or later in one form or another though. Whether it's a stuff pack or some add on for a Generations themed pack.

Thank you! I am glad you liked the thread. :) I agree that it would be difficult to include all of these in a stuff pack, especially the more animation-heavy ideas. However, a lot of the suggestions that have been made about funerals wouldn't require a ton of new animations. For example, giving a eulogy could probably recycle lots of existing animations for speech-giving and sad interactions. Others would involve new moodlets, which require no animation. So I'm hoping that a lot of death improvements could come with a Dangerous pack. :)
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited April 2017
    It would also be great if a new NPC was introduced. A priest who does the ceremony and also gives advice for the mourning. He could be visited at a chapel which obviously should be a new lot type. Sims could also go to the chapel and listen to prayer speeches. ☺️
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2017
    Really liking the ideas as they come.

There is a funeral mod out there but I only watched videos of it. It seemed glitchy and I'm weird about using mods.

Anyway they treat the funeral like an event. You select who gives the service, who is the entertainment, and I think who is the caterer? You invite guests of course. I'm personally hoping for this because it wouldn't have to be built from the ground up. Just put in place... with possibly a new lot type. This would leave more room in an SP for other things we want other than the funeral itself too.
    The thing I like about event things now is you don't have to do the drop downs anymore. I really don't want to be graded on a service .. well maybe the option for it. I also like that I can have a household of sims that I set up.. dressed properly to be the minister, entertainer ect.. so I don't have to deal with the sometimes bad npcs that end up showing up. The only thing I'm worried about is guest limitation if they do it that way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    I kind of wish we could have a funeral for vampires. Other sims would think they are dead, and then at night they rise from the coffin. Maybe if there was a funeral interaction on the coffin itself, and it still worked while the casket was "occupied", it could work. And I'd also love to have a 'Fear' trait, but these ideas are probably a stretch for a stuff pack.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I was thinking about how it would be cool if we could have a funeral before the vampire turned also @LiELF. I guess that would change the structure of how things happen though and I don't see them doing that.
    I don't think a new trait is too much to ask for. They give them out free sometimes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    I was thinking about how it would be cool if we could have a funeral before the vampire turned also @LiELF. I guess that would change the structure of how things happen though and I don't see them doing that.
    I don't think a new trait is too much to ask for. They give them out free sometimes.

That's true. Ultimately, I would wish for a fear trait to be patched in. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KitCastKitCast Posts: 12 New Member
    I want to have a notification overtime a fellow sims die, not necessary a text but a pop up in the notification panel, like a bulletin in the sims news paper. I want to get the chance to assist to the funerals of the most famous sims, I bet Mortimer's funeral will be the most gorgeous event ever.

I think it's important to have the death bulletin as a free update separated from the funeral of course, because one day I was playing the father of my sim who lived in another house died and he couldn't feel sad because he didn't presence the death, that's not how real life work.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Chanty25 wrote: »
    A funeral would be great. Also a reading of the will and give out life insurance. See family members that have moved out and long lost friends. Choosing where repast should be held. New dangerous careers.

I miss the army career. I'd love to have that back even as a rabbit hole.

Also, it would be amazing if Sims could write a will and leave their house and/or money to a family member rather than having to make sure the right person happens to be living in the household at the time of death.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    Many years ago I worked at a cemetery. It was lovely. The primary features of the funeral parlor that people would see were the lush plants and flowers, thick carpets and plush curtains. There were very nice couches and chairs, of course. And in most cases they were and are high end. Very high end.

Death is exceptionally profitable in western society. I realize including things like "the" freezer, or any of the other "back stage" working of a funeral home would bring more realism than the sims really tends to include. Even death retains a certain innocence which is kind of ... really, really neat. When I think about it.

But...

What I would like to see is some better funeral options. Sky funerals. Pyres. Mausoleums are great but can you imagine being able to make your sim actually dig a grave? Having death officiate these (or all) types of official funeral services would be a nice touch. Even better if we also had the option to provide our sims with funeral director experience!

Maybe a 3 point skill would be an interesting addition, if it's within the confines of an SP. Our sims could learn to dig graves, give eulogies, engrave elaborate tombstones (change the skins of existing stones or stones added in the pack) and comfort loved ones with greater success than a simple "brighten day" would do.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    This is the pack I voted on.

1. Ability to make will early, mortician/caretaker combined career, crypt keeper, grave robbing ability(could get money, jewels, scared moodlet ect.), gold digger aspiration, explore mosuleum, toddler/kids/childish sims get scared at cemetery. Ability to purchase life ins. and for it to be given to sims who inherited it.

2. Sim Deaths/danger: fall down the stairs, choke on food, murder, Sabotage items causing death, Stress, poisonous plants,
    dangerous options on every day items, death by flies if you have too many trash plants sitting on your lot for too long

3. Funeral Home/Cemetary/church Lot: Pick out casket(board, cheap, or rich), pick out tombstone(black marble, cheap, scribbled one, really nice single, double one) or pick out urn(plastic, cheap, gothic, fancy, golden), pick out flowers & rose if they wish to put it in coffin, pick out outfit of deceased, pick out invited sims, pick out lot in cemetery(This lot should be large for fun gameplay as we have an empty world to put it in). Pick type of service with some to choose from. All of this could be like the party list, the work list from careers, ect. As you do each one it checks off the list.

4. Service shows sim in coffin gives chance for mourning/saying words/drop rose in coffin. Grim comes and sim either is in the chosen plot in the cemetery or becomes the urn chosen. Chance for interactions with sims and grim. New funeral interactions like reminesse about the dead sim, cry, remember good times, be happy sim is dead/say bad things about the dead sim, curse the sim that died(gold digger or mean/evil sims)

5. Will read or in top corner. Sims collect what was left to them automatically and get warm fuzzy feeling

Also liked these ideas:
    KitCast wrote: »
    I think it's important to have the death bulletin as a free update separated from the funeral of course.
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    NPC A priest who does the ceremony and gives advice for the mourning. He could be visited at a chapel which obviously should be a new lot type. Sims could also go to the chapel and listen to prayer speeches. ☺️
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    "fast catch up" interaction should be a relationship boost Sing Solo, Uplifting words
    Sims could send sympathy cards in the mail. I remember how much fun it was to get wedding gifts in the mail. Also maybe sims would bring food to the bereaved's home.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    As far as Funerals go, I am hoping that We get a Range of different ones, from Low budget to High End Funerals, it would depend on how much your Sims could afford for their Luved ones, just like in the real world, not everyone can afford expensive Funerals, some people are poor you know, that is how I feel bout it anyway.
  • Options
    Well the vote came in while I was away and we need to bring the cause to the ideas corner now. I loved so many of these ideas that everyone shared here.
    I highly encourage some of you who have well thought out plans to start a thread. I'll be looking for them. I rarely frequent the ideas corner of the forums but will have to change that up.
    If you start a thread about these ideas and want to let me know for support purposes feel free. :) Thank you all for replying.
    Even though this theme wasn't chosen as the theme to work on it has been really fun. I'll be interested to watch and engage in the rest of the process surrounding the eco living theme.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Repeat bug ;)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am highly upset by this so called Fixed Vote , Cause I do not believe for one minute that Eco beat out Dangerous, nope.