Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Happy birthday Zinnia! 🧁

Thank you, Lyou!
    unknown.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you believe in reincarnation?

Nope. Tho, that would be sweet, ain't it?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Maybe... Do "Respawns" count? :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Maybe... Do "Respawns" count? :tongue:

Only in games. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited April 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

Reincarnation? Nah.

--

This thread is sooooooo quiet....
    Post edited by bellagorilla on
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited April 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm Albus Dumberdore.

I know nothing about Harry Potter, so why not? XD
    I'm Minerva McGonagall. No idea who that is. If someone wants to, enlighten me.

What do you mean you know nothing about Harry Potter???!!!

Um, she's like the coolest teacher and can shapeshift into a cat.

I mean I know nothing about Harry Potter. Never read the books, never seen the movies.
    Today's Q Q is:

Nope
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

no lol i don't
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    @Coffeecrumblecake so we don't fill the mafia thread with too much off-topic chatter...

OMG I love "I Love Lucy" too!! Most people my age have never even heard of it and it makes me so sad :cry:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Coffeecrumblecake so we don't fill the mafia thread with too much off-topic chatter...

OMG I love "I Love Lucy" too!! Most people my age have never even heard of it and it makes me so sad :cry:

I feel like this is only proving your point, but....What's I love Lucy? XD
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member

A Google search works wonders.
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    It's an old, black and white (and then some color later on) American TV show following the lives of a cooky young couple. Super funny. Lucy is the wife, and the person who plays her husband was her real husband too. 🖤
  • Options
    Fun fact: Lucille Ball, the actress who plays Lucy, produced the first ever Star Trek series.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @bellagorilla have you seen "I Dream or Jeannie"? Its another one of those shows people our age aren't into but is sooo good!
  • Options

See? :joy:

A very old, very classic tv show from the 1950s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Lucy

Not only is I Love Lucy so lovably and funny, it stars real life couple Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. No studio would film the show (no one wanted to see L. Ball with on the air with her husband, D. Arnaz), so they pooled resources together and created their own company, Desilu Studios. So I Love Lucy saw many firsts for tv (filming techniques, tv shows, and L. Ball bought out D. Arnaz after their divorce and became the first woman to ever head a major company). Aside from I Love Lucy, Desilu Productions backed Mission: Impossible, Star Trek, and many other fan favorites.

...can you tell I really, really, geek out over this? :joy: Back in highschool, I did a National History Day project based on Desilu and the impact the studio had on television. I also did one on Gene Roddenberry and the impact Star Trek has had on science, medicine and our technology. And this year for my college survey of world musics class, I'm using Desi Arnaz again as an example for Latin music in mainstream media (within I Love Lucy!), in my research paper.
    Fun fact: Lucille Ball, the actress who plays Lucy, produced the first ever Star Trek series.

Yes!! Another reason I adore her!! Not only did she star in one of my favorite shows (I Love Lucy), but she helped to produce one of my all-time favorite series (Star Trek)!
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020

See? :joy:

A very old, very classic tv show from the 1950s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Lucy

Not only is I Love Lucy so lovably and funny, it stars real life couple Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. No studio would film the show (no one wanted to see L. Ball with on the air with her husband, D. Arnaz), so they pooled resources together and created their own company, Desilu Studios. So I Love Lucy saw many firsts for tv (filming techniques, tv shows, and L. Ball bought out D. Arnaz after their divorce and became the first woman to ever head a major company). Aside from I Love Lucy, Desilu Productions backed Mission: Impossible, Star Trek, and many other fan favorites.

...can you tell I really, really, geek out over this? :joy: Back in highschool, I did a National History Day project based on Desilu and the impact the studio had on television. I also did one on Gene Roddenberry and the impact Star Trek has had on science, medicine and our technology. And this year for my college survey of world musics class, I'm using Desi Arnaz again as an example for Latin music in mainstream media (within I Love Lucy!), in my research paper.

Yes!! Another reason I adore her!! Not only did she star in one of my favorite shows (I Love Lucy), but she helped to produce one of my all-time favorite series (Star Trek)!
    Ooopie, and I just quoted instead of editing my post :sweat_smile:
    @bellagorilla have you seen "I Dream or Jeannie"? Its another one of those shows people our age aren't into but is sooo good!

OMG yes!! I Dream of Jennie is another of my favorites!! Have you seen Bewitched?

Also, careful about double posting or @mintycupcake will come out of the woodworks and throw you into the pit :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, lol! I forgot what the point of this thread even was. Yes, I've seen Bewitched. One of my ultimate favorites! I'm so glad I've found someone who shares my taste in television! The only people I can get to watch this stuff with me are my parents. Not even my pet chickens will sit down w me 😪

And have you seen that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and her friend Ethel struggle to properly work in the assembly line packaging chocolate?

Who's your favorite Star Trek: Original character? Mine's Spock. My favorite in the Next Generation is Data, though, since he is so darn cute with his whole "I wanna be human" goal.

Also, have you seen the original Batman series? It aired around the same time as the rest of these shows. Some don't like how it takes the more playful approach, but I personally love the color, comedy, and good old-fashioned Batman-theme music 🤗
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thanks for the advice, lol! I forgot what the point of this thread even was. Yes, I've seen Bewitched. One of my ultimate favorites! I'm so glad I've found someone who shares my taste in television! The only people I can get to watch this stuff with me are my parents. Not even my pet chickens will sit down w me 😪

And have you seen that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and her friend Ethel struggle to properly work in the assembly line packaging chocolate?

Who's your favorite Star Trek: Original character? Mine's Spock. My favorite in the Next Generation is Data, though, since he is so darn cute with his whole "I wanna be human" goal.

Also, have you seen the original Batman series? It aired around the same time as the rest of these shows. Some don't like how it takes the more playful approach, but I personally love the color, comedy, and good old-fashioned Batman-theme music 🤗

OMG Job Switching is the best :joy:

WfyOyzG.gif

Iconic :joy:

I love Spock and Uhura :love: my babes.
    For TNG, I love Deanna Tori, Data, and Worf. :kissing_heart: I was so happy to see Worf on DS9, and then with Jadzia, :love: I adore her so much.
    Be'lanna, Harry, Seven, and the Doctor have to be my favorite Voyager characters. :kissing_heart: So much to love there :love:

Edit: OMG how could I forget about Beverly!! Our dancing doctor :love: I hated when Pulaski showed up...because Dr. Crusher was gone :cry:

I haven't really watched much Batman, but I'm not a huge fan of superhero shows...

I do really enjoy watching The Twilight Zone and scaring my grandmother tho :joy:

What about the Beverly Hillbillies? That one is so funny and true :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options

Been playing too much mafia? XD
  • Options
    Why am I up this early.... Should go back to sleep.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Probably 😂
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Probably 😂

It's really hard juggling these two threads (especially for me cuz I'm active on both).
    Cuz for this thread, I would edit my post to add more stuff to it when no one else comes on. And for mafia, I would have to make a new post to fix my grammar. 😂

But so far, I've never messed up so that's cool.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Think that the smoke detector needs a new battery. It won't stop chirping! 😖
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

@DeKay, why is yer adorkable dude in the sig gagged? Did you kidnap him finally?

Best to take care of it so it doesn't chirp all night and keep yer pets up (assuming you have one).
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options

DeKay, why is yer adorkable dude in the sig gagged? Did you kidnap him finally?

Best to take care of it so it doesn't chirp all night and keep yer pets up (assuming you have one).

Oh hey, you're back. I was hoping you would say something about it cuz you thought he wasn't interesting the other time. XD Yeah, I kidnapped him. Shhhh... 🤫
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

DeKay, why is yer adorkable dude in the sig gagged? Did you kidnap him finally?

Oh hey, you're back. I was hoping you would say something about it cuz you thought he wasn't interesting the other time. XD Yeah, I kidnapped him. Shhhh... 🤫

Hard for him to sing with that duct tape on his mouth, don't ya think? Anyway, I have returned but for how long is anyone's guess.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top