Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patched in curfew? thoughts.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Only if it's optional. Ideally, I would get to set the time myself, or choose to not have one at all.

I think it's wayyyyyyyyyy too late in the game to patch in a forced curfew that you have no control over.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited January 2017
    Andremi wrote: »
    TheSims has always been based on america, and american stereotypes after all! The whole thing with aliens, is very american as well.

Just curious, why do Aliens seem American?

Because of Area 51 I guess ? With Strangetown or the scientist lab in the desert.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Andremi wrote: »
    Id like this only if there was a 'sneak out" option. And if you got caught by police you'd be sent home and grounded.

Is this an american thing?? Sorry im just not american and I dont understand why police wouldnt allow teenagers out at night? :O

A lot of US cities have curfews on teenagers. It started up in the 50s and 60s. A city curfew = teenagers and children can't be outside roaming about. It's different from a family curfew, which means you have to be home.

Don't you live in Canada?
  • Options
    Samagirl478Samagirl478 Posts: 51 Member
    I would love to see a curfew in the game. It's weird having my CHILD, not just teen but CHILD sims out and about with his group until 4 in the morning, unless I tell them to come back. Why they are even aloud to go out on their own, idk. I guess that's just a personal opinion though lol.

But yeah, I think a curfew would be a good addition to add some more interesting aspects to having teen. After all, In TS3, teens would be driven home by the police for being out passed curfew. Why is this not a thing in TS4?