Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patched in curfew? thoughts.

I think (my OWN opinion) is that IF they patched in a curfew for the teens (and kids too) the teens would feel less grown-uppy AND it could potentially create new gameplay...I mean, if you had a teen that missed curfew you'd be angry and then fight, maybe lecture them? maybe ground them? then they will "hate" you and you'd have to talk it over and explain. right now we have only "lecture about responsibilities" and WTH is that about anyway? it does NOTHING!
AND to me, its strange that I have a kid (I like to assume that kids in this game are somewhere between 7 to 13) in my house as a guest up until 3-4-5 AM! at least have the kids' NPC parent to come pick them up at a reasonable hour. same as for your kids in the game, they CAN'T be out until 3 AM it's just ridiculous...
and maybe if they ARE by your choice you can implement that to the game as these kids have reckless irresponsible parents - which really, in my opinion, can set up for a social worker NPC type of thing.

To conclude - IMO, a patched in curfew could really fill the gap between teen and young adults in the meantime (at least until we get some kind of generations pack of some sort).

what do you think?:)

-Yarden.

Comments

• Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    I really like this idea of a curfew. It could definitely make the teens feel more like teens.
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id like this only if there was a 'sneak out" option. And if you got caught by police you'd be sent home and grounded.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I don't like the idea of a curfew. It was extremely annoying in TS2. I can already decide if I want my children to go out or not, or if my parents lecture them or not, there's no need for a curfew in my mind.
  • Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    Id like this only if there was a 'sneak out" option. And if you got caught by police you'd be sent home and grounded.

Yes!
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of a curfew. It was extremely annoying in TS2. I can already decide if I want my children to go out or not, or if my parents lecture them or not, there's no need for a curfew in my mind.

But you can't really lecture for specific things, which means you literally have to imagine what's actually going on.

I think curfew would be a great addition, if a) it was optional and b) we could set the curfew times (and preferably separately for every household)
    SimTrippy wrote: »

But you can't really lecture for specific things, which means you literally have to imagine what's actually going on.

I think curfew would be a great addition, if a) it was optional and b) we could set the curfew times (and preferably separately for every household)

What would lecture for specific things look like though ? A special interaction that only appears during curfew ? Would it have a different animation ? A different name ? The current lecture is generic indeed, but that means I can use it for whatever I want. Animations and moodlets are what matters for me in that case, and they are already there, so I don't mind imagining the rest.

It could come in a complete overhauled system for lecturing/parenting (with lots of player customization options), and that could be interesting, but just a special interaction for curfew, not so much in my mind, especially if it's forced.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member

I agree! optional curfew+setting curfew times.

-Yarden.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017

What would lecture for specific things look like though ? A special interaction that only appears during curfew ? Would it have a different animation ? A different name ? The current lecture is generic indeed, but that means I can use it for whatever I want. Animations and moodlets are what matters for me in that case, and they are already there, so I don't mind imagining the rest.

It could come in a complete overhauled system for lecturing/parenting (with lots of player customization options), and that could be interesting, but just a special interaction for curfew, not so much in my mind, especially if it's forced.

Well yeah that's something I'd love to see actually :D The ability to click "Lecture..." "for being home late / not respecting curfew / not doing homework / not doing the dishes / etc.". It's a system I really think is quite absent from sims games (the only time they did something similar was for pets). I think it'd be cool to have much more specific ways of lecturing or praising the kids, or even telling them to do stuff "ask x to clean / to get toddler y / to do this or that". All with associated moodlets, responses etc. I think the basis for that already exists in the game (at least asking to do certain tasks came with the butler and I presume a praising / punishing system will be introduced again with pets). It'd make for more genuine interactions & you wouldn't have to imagine what you lecture them for (likewise the option to lecture for certain things should only be there in certain moments, i.e. when the house is dirty, or their grades dropped, etc.). It's also way to flesh out the teens more. Maybe they could respond differently depending on their traits: mean sims would just yell back, good sims would sit down and do their homework, etc.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like an optional curfew added, so that the player could decide if they want to use it or not. They might use it for some families, but not others.
    Personally, I'd find it would be annoying for my main save, since I'm using it for story telling, and often have my teen sims out and about at all hours of the night for photoshoots.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I want a curfew so I can break it :trollface:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes I want curfew back. Children and teens are BORING to play.

Well yeah that's something I'd love to see actually :D The ability to click "Lecture..." "for being home late / not respecting curfew / not doing homework / not doing the dishes / etc.". It's a system I really think is quite absent from sims games (the only time they did something similar was for pets). I think it'd be cool to have much more specific ways of lecturing or praising the kids, or even telling them to do stuff "ask x to clean / to get toddler y / to do this or that". All with associated moodlets, responses etc. I think the basis for that already exists in the game (at least asking to do certain tasks came with the butler and I presume a praising / punishing system will be introduced again with pets). It'd make for more genuine interactions & you wouldn't have to imagine what you lecture them for (likewise the option to lecture for certain things should only be there in certain moments, i.e. when the house is dirty, or their grades dropped, etc.). It's also way to flesh out the teens more. Maybe they could respond differently depending on their traits: mean sims would just yell back, good sims would sit down and do their homework, etc.

Perhaps we could have something customizable like the club system, with authorized and unauthorized interactions, which would unlock the praising/punishing interactions accordingly. The club system set the bar so high in term of customization, so who knows what they'll do ! :)
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Yes please!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'd like a curfew that's optional and that has per-household customization. In one save I might want to make a really strict curfew, in another never have one. Most often, though, I want curfew that's per-household only, and that had "strict"/"not-so-strict" options on top of that. Different parents, different ways. Some teens seen out at night, others not.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'd like a curfew that's optional and that has per-household customization. In one save I might want to make a really strict curfew, in another never have one. Most often, though, I want curfew that's per-household only, and that had "strict"/"not-so-strict" options on top of that. Different parents, different ways. Some teens seen out at night, others not.

Yep, I'm team customisable rules and punishments too.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

^ this
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    I hated in the Sims 3 how my Teens would get arrested for being out too late... I DON'T want it back. If they do add it, at least let us turn it off for people who don't like that feature. I want my teens to be able to stay out later, as Young Adults and Adults have jobs... I do want some more teen activities though.
  • AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member

Is this an american thing?? Sorry im just not american and I dont understand why police wouldnt allow teenagers out at night? :O
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Andremi wrote: »

Is this an american thing?? Sorry im just not american and I dont understand why police wouldnt allow teenagers out at night? :O

Not really it's just if your loud or causing trouble or drawing attention than yeah police will get you, but let's say your quiet and hanging out nope it is like where I live police had more important things to do.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited January 2017

A lot of US cities have curfews on teenagers. It started up in the 50s and 60s. A city curfew = teenagers and children can't be outside roaming about. It's different from a family curfew, which means you have to be home.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I would like it. This game lacks bad consequences, it needs more thirll.
    jr73Y.gif

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I think (my OWN opinion) is that IF they patched in a curfew for the teens (and kids too) the teens would feel less grown-uppy AND it could potentially create new gameplay...I mean, if you had a teen that missed curfew you'd be angry and then fight, maybe lecture them? maybe ground them? then they will "hate" you and you'd have to talk it over and explain. right now we have only "lecture about responsibilities" and WTH is that about anyway? it does NOTHING!
    AND to me, its strange that I have a kid (I like to assume that kids in this game are somewhere between 7 to 13) in my house as a guest up until 3-4-5 AM! at least have the kids' NPC parent to come pick them up at a reasonable hour. same as for your kids in the game, they CAN'T be out until 3 AM it's just ridiculous...
    and maybe if they ARE by your choice you can implement that to the game as these kids have reckless irresponsible parents - which really, in my opinion, can set up for a social worker NPC type of thing.

To conclude - IMO, a patched in curfew could really fill the gap between teen and young adults in the meantime (at least until we get some kind of generations pack of some sort).

what do you think?:)

I agree with this message 100% , Kids should Not be out , they should be home, and that is how I feel bout it.
  • AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    A lot of US cities have curfews on teenagers. It started up in the 50s and 60s. A city curfew = teenagers and children can't be outside roaming about. It's different from a family curfew, which means you have to be home.

Aaah I see.. :O it seems very strange to me of course, but i understand if it was added. TheSims has always been based on america, and american stereotypes after all! The whole thing with aliens, is very american as well.

I think it some cities or areas it is enforced, but where i live it isnt a thing. I just came up with that because it was in ts2. Though it wouldnt be unusual if it is like past 1,2am and if youre a young teen a police officer asking you why youre out so late things like that

TheSims has always been based on america, and american stereotypes after all! The whole thing with aliens, is very american as well.

Just curious, why do Aliens seem American?