Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal?

AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
edited May 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I was just browsing the Internet, reading about paranormal experiences, when I thought it would be cool to find out if you have any! I notice this discussion has probably already been made, but I failed to find any recent one.

The one that's mine is when I was when I was about 6, and I had wet the bed, so I instantly shot out and went to my parents bedroom. For some strange reason, I was unable to open their door, like something was blocking it. I tried my best, creating such a loud scene, until I heard a brutal hiss which sounded like it almost came from the ground. I ran straight back to my bedroom and cried my eyes out. I'm unsure why my parents don't believe a word of my story to this day, although I can promise you that it's true.
Post edited by AvaSims4080 on

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I don't know if I'd call it a paranormal experience but I used to draw people without having met or seen them before. For example, I met someone online, a guy I was interested in. He had issues with his ex and while we spoke about her I just kinda drew a portrait. To make him feel better and change the topic I offered to send him a picture of the drawing... Turns out it looked exactly like his ex. Needless to say that this was our last conversation. I also sometimes guess the names based on the picture, I once drew a picture while waiting on a train station and gave the girl whose portrait I drew the name Alice. I entered the train and continued to finish the drawing, when the man next to me looks at the picture with a mix of curiosity and fear... Points to a girl looking like the one I drew and says: "That's strange... My daughters name is Alice." I left the train at the next station without saying another word.

This might sound like fun to you but it scares me a lot, I think it's incredibly creepy. I haven't drawn a portrait in over 5 years and I don't plan to ever try it again. I'm an sceptic but this is something that seriously makes me doubt my lack of belief in the supernatural.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Hmm well my mother can feel/see win something is nearby and we sometimes see something in the corner of our eye in our home but nothing dangers beside sometimes falling objects.

I even own a K-II EMF Meter just in case you never know but I hardly use it.

But the major girl I saw win I was younger and very depressed she was dressed in white and she stood outside my bedroom door and I got the feeling her name was 'Mary' that come to my mind I never saw her again and win I got older I stop seeing spirits but that don't stop me from sometimes feeling raw emotions even win I'm older now.

But my mother can see the spirits more faster then I can even pick up on it sometimes I envy that she tells me what she think he saw and sometimes I don't want to know :o like win she pick up that strange looking er...looking in our kitchen window that scared me a bit.

but on the other hand my father win he was alive he told me never never go into small towns and he was in the army I used to think he was saying that to scare me but you never know.

another story is my mother sister who lives in WA Washington was hiking in the mountains her and her friend she was hiking with found something it was big enough to fit a airplane so they say but they marked it and win they went back it was gone it was a cave or something but they did tell us on the 'other' side was beautiful uh...what? But whatever they found it was big enough for a airplane that's all I know.

So you can say that got me into the paranormal a bit.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Okay, I'd be interested in reading paranormal stories too but can we please not call sleep paralysis paranormal. Cause it simply isn't. Just cause it's not normal doesn't mean it's paranormal, they're not the polar opposites. There's also abnormal and that's what sleep paralysis is. It's not paranormal.
    It's just so boring reading stories where people call things that aren't paranormal, paranormal. Like, no.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    can we please not call sleep paralysis paranormal. Cause it simply isn't.
    Agreed.
    There's also abnormal and that's what sleep paralysis is. It's not paranormal.
    I don't think it's really abnormal either.

Paranormal, like supernatural, is simply natural stuff that science hasn't yet got around to explaining.
    A lot of so called paranormal experiences are really just someone having mental or sensory issues, aka it's all in your head.

Sorry for being the personification of a raincloud over the paranormal parade.
    I like facts, not pseudoscience.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I dreamt about my gandfather in the very night he was dying. It's the closer I ever got from anything like that.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    There's also abnormal and that's what sleep paralysis is. It's not paranormal.
    I don't think it's really abnormal either.
    It's a sleep disorder so it's not the norm. :)
    Movotti wrote: »
    Paranormal, like supernatural, is simply natural stuff that science hasn't yet got around to explaining.
    A lot of so called paranormal experiences are really just someone having mental or sensory issues, aka it's all in your head.
    Yes, agreed with that.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    This might sound like fun to you but it scares me a lot, I think it's incredibly creepy. I haven't drawn a portrait in over 5 years and I don't plan to ever try it again. I'm an sceptic but this is something that seriously makes me doubt my lack of belief in the supernatural.
    Are you serious? Don't be afraid of that, it's a gift if anything! You're special, that's something wonderful...I'm about as psychic as a brick, you should start drawing again.
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't know about paranormal, but I experience telepathy (or coincidences that should be very surprising if I wasn't used to them) all the dang time. It's never something big, for me it's just small and fun stuff. I experience it with a few friends and my mother, but the one I'm experiencing it with incredibly often, often several times a week, is my sister. Saying/typing the exact same things at the exact same time, having very similar dreams (or dreaming about a subject the other one has been thinking about a lot at the moment, but haven't told the other about), skyping and not talking to one another for hours just to open the window to say something and see that the other person is writing at the same time, having songs stuck in our head that none of us have even thought about for years, things like that. We don't get surprised anymore, some mild "what the...!?" when it's something that really would be (and might be, but it's gotten so far we actually believe in it) a coincidence. It started to happen frequently (it has happened before it, but not to that extent) a few years ago, when both of us were grown up and had become extremely close - we've always been very close, but when we were both pretty much at the same level and it reached BFF-ness.
    Things that have happened with other people have been things such as me just knowing that a friend had the Westminster Chime as a doorbell sound in her old family home, almost replying "a smack in the face" as a joke when said friend said "do you know what I want right now?", but I didn't make it because her boyfriend said it first, and knowing what card aforementioned guy, the boyfriend of that friend, had picked when he was going to show me a mock card trick (which misfired when I thought about the right card from the start). So, just minor things, but they amuse me.

I also get dreams that "predict" the future - small things too, and it only happens now and then. (Luckily I haven't dreamed about horrible things when said horrible things have been on my mind, because that would scare me, haha, even though I'm not superstitious). An example: when I was ten or something and ordered a book. The day before I got the package I dreamed that the book would disappoint me, and sure enough, well, the book didn't, but the package did - they had sent me the wrong book. The week after it, the day before I got the new package, I dreamed that I got the book and that I loved it... which I did. Not saying that I believe in these things (I often say that I neither believe nor dismiss, except for telepathy), but I find it pretty interesting.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.