Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Choose loading screen

JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
Hi,

I found this mod I'm interested in, which will enable the player to choose another loading screen than the latest disk you installed (ITF in my case).
  • Is there anyone familiar with this mod, are there side effects (I might not want)?
  • I obviously have to download 'ITF-LoadingScreensBASE&EPs.rar' or 'View Contents ITF-LoadingScreensSPs.rar' but... which one?
  • The description says I have to download this first, is that a joke..??

Thanks in advance for the help :)
5JZ57S6.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited December 2016
    The one that ends with base&eps,is for base game and expansion pack loading screens .
    The one ending in Sps is for the Stuff pack loading screens .

I myself use the one for master suite stuff. You do not have to download anything else . If say you want supernatural loading screen then you would want expansion pack loading screens
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I've always wanted this.
    I like Into The Future, but ITF is not my normal game play. I wish EA would have added a randomize setting to this game before they were done with it. I would like to see a variety of loading screens for all the EPs I have.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The description says I have to download this first, is that a joke..??
    @JoAnne65 - Geez, you could have given us a warning there.

Oww, my eyes! It burns...make it stop! >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @igazor LOL, I think that's exactly the effect the modder wanted to achieve :D Sorry :innocent:
    @CK213 Yes, I agree. It's always been a frustration. A minor one, cause well, you know, loading screen, not the game, but a frustration nevertheless. I have to thank @Zeldaboy180 by the way, who suggested there was a mod for this; it never occurred to me there could be.
    @MemoriiValentine Thanks. So, if I understand you correctly, if I want Generations as a loading screen I choose 'ITF-LoadingScreensBASE&EPs.rar', should I wish for the Fast Lane Stuff screen I'd have to download the other one? Better to download them both then, I might want to vary ;) I can't put them both in the Mods file can I?

ETA: Ah, sorry, I get it now. I save everything in Documents and just pick one to put in the actual mods folder in my game. They're numbered instead of named, I've got some counting to do :p

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Woot! So glad you found it and got it working! :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Woot! So glad you found it and got it working! :D
    Yeah, me too, thanks again :smiley:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I never saw the generations loading screen! It's pretty.
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    This is such a good idea!

Question: You picked a different loading screen, but do the cute little quips that scroll past on the bottom match the loading screen? For example, my loading screen now is Into the Future, and it says 'Materializing Holographs', but would that change if I used this to change the loading screen?

I do admit, I enjoy some of them, they are funny in a cute way.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    This is such a good idea!

Question: You picked a different loading screen, but do the cute little quips that scroll past on the bottom match the loading screen? For example, my loading screen now is Into the Future, and it says 'Materializing Holographs', but would that change if I used this to change the loading screen?

I do admit, I enjoy some of them, they are funny in a cute way.
    I think they match the loading screen, because it says "polish canes" ;)
    @GITTE2001 Isn't it? And it's animated too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    That is awesome! I need to get this! After some time, I get bored with the corny jokes and want to see the other ones from other loading screens. :)
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    What a cool idea. I get tired of the ITF screen :neutral:
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Ooh! I bought a good chunk of my packs out of order, so there's some screens I've never even seen! I agree it would have been nice to have them randomized on start up.

Is the music different for some of them too? Or am I misremembering things?
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Ooh! I bought a good chunk of my packs out of order, so there's some screens I've never even seen! I agree it would have been nice to have them randomized on start up.

Apparently only Late Night and Pets came with new music. The music is random though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »

Apparently only Late Night and Pets came with new music. The music is random though.

Is it? Mine always seems the same. Or maybe I've heard them all so many times that I don't notice :tongue:
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Great! thankyou I´ve never seen a lot of the loading screens as I bought and installed two or three EPs at a time!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Ah I tried this once but failed. Assumed it was broken due to reading some comments. I will have to try again. I started the LEPacy challenge and that was enough for me. Every generation unlocks a pack in the challenge so I've been able to see them all again which is nice.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 You have the 1.69 patch then I take it? Sounds like a great challenge, a bit as if you are back in 2009 and start playing all over again ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @Simasaurus09 You have the 1.69 patch then I take it? Sounds like a great challenge, a bit as if you are back in 2009 and start playing all over again ;)
    Yup, patch1.69 but you can still do the challenge on any other patch level. There is a program over at MTS that allows you to select packs as well just not through the launcher.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I get tired of seeing the same loading screen and I have that game selector if I want to load a save without all of my packs installed like when I create a save file for a new world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I just realized something amazing... The quips @UniquePuggle was referring to definitely seem to be linked to Generations, the loading screen, and not to the last EP installed (ITF). So that must be part of the mod. And it's in Dutch, the language of my game :o
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BigBossManBigBossMan Posts: 1 New Member
    @JoAnne65 could u guide me on how you changed the loading screen ^^ and from where you got that .rar link ? i need your help, thanks in advance
  • Options
    @BigBossMan I will when I’m on my PC and able to take a look in my Mods folder, it’s been a while that I did this and I sort of forgot how I did it :#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks it's awesome you're helping each other out, however considering this thread has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to close this off. You're welcome to continue via DM :smile: If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top