Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live-in butler.. How about a nanny next?

I think a live-in nanny option would be awesome.

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I don't really see this happening but maybe. Mainly I can see a modder going ahead and doing this, possibly for other npc as well. Imagine having a whole house full of servants :smile:
  • Options
    joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    What about live-in Roommates for City Living?
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited December 2016
    We have nannies you can hire as needed, so I doubt they'll add live in ones. Plus, the butler can do the nannies job as well as the maid, chef, gardener and repairman. He can also entertain you by playing music on a violin or piano if there is one in the house.

Edit: I have read discussions of trying to reprogram the butler to be a live in room mate and pay you instead of you paying him/her. Just call for a room mate on the phone and assign them a bed.
  • Options
    FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member

I think there should be more ways to find a roommate. Maybe place an ad on the computer? This way you don't have to already have built a relationship with the other sim. Could just send a random townie you have in your collection.
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    Freyann wrote: »

I think there should be more ways to find a roommate. Maybe place an ad on the computer? This way you don't have to already have built a relationship with the other sim. Could just send a random townie you have in your collection.

Would love this!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I agree with Dannydanbo; we'll probably never get official live-in nannies. However, nothing's stopping you from editing your butler in CAS and making him look like one. I don't play with CAS ever, but I assume we can save sims to the bin like we could in TS3? Or I guess saving them to the library would achieve the same result? Just design your nanny and save him/her in CAS so you can quickly change your butler as needed. (Using the cas.fulleditmode cheat.)
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I agree with Dannydanbo; we'll probably never get official live-in nannies. However, nothing's stopping you from editing your butler in CAS and making him look like one. I don't play with CAS ever, but I assume we can save sims to the bin like we could in TS3? Or I guess saving them to the library would achieve the same result? Just design your nanny and save him/her in CAS so you can quickly change your butler as needed. (Using the cas.fulleditmode cheat.)

They said that we can not save NPC's like butlers alone or as part of a household. They also said that if a butler becomes a household member, they will no longer be a butler and you would need to hire a new butler.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    We might not get an actual nanny until (if we do) get toddlers.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »

we already HAVE nannies in the game
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm happy about the butler...I liked what I saw in the live stream.

But what about a fireman? Am I the only one that is missing the basic NPC's that were in every Sims game except TS4 lol
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    I'm happy about the butler...I liked what I saw in the live stream.

But what about a fireman? Am I the only one that is missing the basic NPC's that were in every Sims game except TS4 lol

You are not alone in missing a fireman. My sim almost set himself on fire with his newborn baby in the other room and his wife off at work and he wouldn't go extinguish himself which had me screaming for the old days of the incessant ringing of the sims 2 fire alarm and the fireman just busting in and saving the day. Not to mention I actually miss robbers and watching the sims 2 police either failing to catch them or getting into a scuffle with the robber and me just praying that cop is good enough to win haha.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    We are not going to get firemen back in the game (maybe as strippers or a costume) because we already have a sprinkler system. They are not going to waste resources on objects and actions we already have like sprinklers and nannies.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »

we already HAVE nannies in the game

I meant live-in. Lol.
  • Options
    We don't need them to live in. The butler can do the same job and already lives in and is being paid.
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Isn't the nanny sort of live-in already? I hired mine when my first sim baby was born and dismissed her when the fourth kid grew up to teenager. Sure, the nanny never slept and did not need a bed assigned to her, but never left the house either. So she was always there to look after the kids and all 24/7
  • Options
    Wow! On the one hand, nanny abuse. On the other hand, milk it for all it's worth. Did you have a huge bill when she finally left?
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Not that I can remember.. I actually did not think about it o_O Maybe it glitched out. It was a great glitch if so.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They said that we can not save NPC's like butlers alone or as part of a household. They also said that if a butler becomes a household member, they will no longer be a butler and you would need to hire a new butler.

I wasn't talking about saving NPCs or making them a household member. I'm only talking about changing the way the butler looks. In TS3, I can make a sim and save it to the CAS bin. Then when I want to change an NPC, take the NPC into CAS and replace them with the pre-saved sim. I just double checked and unfortunately, I don't see an option like that in the Sims 4. I only see "Randomize from Gallery" which does change the look of the sim, but it gives us no choice. If I choose a specific sim from the gallery (or library,) they are added to the household instead. I guess the only workaround is to take butlers into CAS via cas.fulleditmode and change them on the fly.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
    It would be great indeed.
  • Options

I wasn't talking about saving NPCs or making them a household member. I'm only talking about changing the way the butler looks. In TS3, I can make a sim and save it to the CAS bin. Then when I want to change an NPC, take the NPC into CAS and replace them with the pre-saved sim. I just double checked and unfortunately, I don't see an option like that in the Sims 4. I only see "Randomize from Gallery" which does change the look of the sim, but it gives us no choice. If I choose a specific sim from the gallery (or library,) they are added to the household instead. I guess the only workaround is to take butlers into CAS via cas.fulledimode and change them on the fly.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I think they said in the LS that we could change them in full CAS edit mode, but I'll need to watch it again to be sure. As far as swapping one for another, I don't think you can, but I'm not all that techy minded.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can the butler be a female housekeeper? Playing a specific time period where they need a live-in female housekeeper I hope we can pick a female or make our own for the NPC role.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I can't believe it... We already have nannies you can hire and the butlers take care of the kids, now we'll pretend TS4 doesn't have true nannies and it's missing stuff... geez...
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member
    Why would you need a live-in nanny when you can pretty much hire one indefinitely? Also butlers can look after kids so I don't see why it would be necessary. If anything I want a live in cook that I don't have to call everytime my sims get hungry. But considering the butler can make food I will just use them instead.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can the butler be a female housekeeper? Playing a specific time period where they need a live-in female housekeeper I hope we can pick a female or make our own for the NPC role.

I was wondering if we could hire a female butler and change her outfit to the maids outfit and have a housekeeper like Alice from the Brady Bunch. Middle class sims wouldn't hire a butler but would hire a housekeeper.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Wow! On the one hand, nanny abuse. On the other hand, milk it for all it's worth. Did you have a huge bill when she finally left?
    I would just order her back a moment after she left. I had the free services, so she never got paid. I did have a place for her to sleep but she never did.