Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Virtual Reality

Have you seen the Virtual Reality, if not it's a device that has a type of mask that covers over your eyes and lets you play in real life. Do you think this could work with sims? Maybe control your sims or be the sims. I would pay for that...

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    That's not something that would interest me in a Sims game. I like to play with lots of Sims, so a first person view wouldn't really fit.
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    That's not something that would interest me in a Sims game. I like to play with lots of Sims, so a first person view wouldn't really fit.

I'm always up to something new :)
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    makes no sense....we're living right now, just like sims...so Lifeception.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Not something I'd be interested in, although if Sims game itself had something like Oculus for our sims to play with, that would be hilarious! Oh all the broken chairs and noses. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think been thinking for a ling time that it would be awesome to have a VR type of Sims thing.

Has anyone ever heard if the iBand plus? I is something that is launching next year that helps you sleep and apparently control your dreams.

I am actually quite interested in it and it could even be a bit like a Sims game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwCdKonWG4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I can't imagine the sims as a virtual reality game. How would controlling multiple sims work? Not to mention stuff like woohoo and fights. My knowledge about VR is below zero but based on what I've heard, no thanks.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited November 2016
    I actually have never wanted to BE a Sim... and have always said, when this topic comes up, I'm not interested in playing a Sim that way. It would be... disturbing.

* I also don't want my dreams controlled... by Corporate or Big Brother.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I can't imagine the sims as a virtual reality game. How would controlling multiple sims work? Not to mention stuff like woohoo and fights. My knowledge about VR is below zero but based on what I've heard, no thanks.

VR fighting could be manage in a way as there has been virtual combat games of some sort for many years.

VR woohoo though, not sure how that would work... :*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I would probably think it is cool...... only for two hours then get bored of it as I can't be bothered moving my head around all the time.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited November 2016
    This really isn't something that appeals to me at all. I think virtual reality will continue to be a niche market as VR headsets are quite clunky and heavy, they're very expensive, and using the head sets is something that requires a lot more effort to do the same things you could do by just staring at the screen and moving your mouse alone. This is something that has come up in a lot of the gamer circles I've been in and it seems like the same sentiment echoes strongly through the majority of them. It'd be cool for awhile or on certain occasions, but not really a long term thing.

For me personally, I can get motion sick pretty easily, and for that reason alone I don't think I'd enjoy VR sims. When you switch active sims it's usually done with a fast camera swipe to the other Sim, and I think inside of a VR headset this would be really nauseating and head ache inducing after just a short while.
    I think if I just felt like vegging out for a little bit I'd sit my sim on a deck or in a forest with some rain or snow and just enjoy the scenery (Granted, that'd have to sims 3 so far, but maybe someday sims 4).

I think in the future only a handful of big game titles will offer VR compatibility, but I really don't think The Sims series will be one of them. There are too many things that would get in the way, as people have mentioned stuff like woohoo and multiple sims are things a VR headset would likely not work with. With woohoo they'd have to really jerk up the rating of the game if they let you woohoo in VR, and the higher the rating the smaller the audience you can sell it to.

"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sims already had that in S3.
  • Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sims already had that in S3.

Were talking about real life.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    While I would not want to play The Sims in VR mode, it would be fun to walk through the neighborhoods (without loading screens, obviously) or even walk through a house once after I built it or refurnished it. But The Sims - like any simulation game - lets the player be an omnipotent controller of fates. VR would cancel that out and turn it into a first person experience. That's not really what The Sims is about, when you consider it started out as a virtual doll house.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...