Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish there was more drama!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona
    Tensed, and Uncomfortable, are probably the "negative" emotion I see the most but sadly they aren't as fun as the others :(

I think it has some effects like slowing down your progression at work though so there's at least that, even if it isn't obvious. Have you ever checked the menu when they are at work ? There're some special emotional variants in there too !
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @Neia Ooooh, nice, thanks for the suggestion. I don't recall seeing any unique work options for Tense, but I will keep an eye out for that the next time my sim has a career. Thank you!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    I do agree, OP, that the world and sims are a little too happy. Things have gotten a lot better for me with CL, since I can use lot traits to influence them, but there is still room (and need) for improvement. I think I would be a lot happier with how my sims behave if traits were more influential. My sims with the gloomy trait do get sad, but the moodlet is easily overridden by decor or the slightest thing going right. I think I'd greatly appreciate traits that influence emotions having a bit more power over environmental and circumstantial influences. Also... there just needs to be more bad stuff happening. LOL Some random deaths (like a satellite falling from the sky) and stuff like that would be awesome. >:)

I don't really think the previous systems were any better, but I do sort of miss the attraction system from TS2. That was a lot of fun to play around with and customize (well, for me lol).

P.S. I also am not a fan of how the tense moodlet prevents sims from doing many activities. No matter how stressed out I am, I am still capable of using my computer. I may do something plum with said computer or while working out etc because I'm feeling reckless and stress is clouding my judgement, but I can still perform the activities. I'd really like to see them lift the activity restrictions on the tense moodlet, and just increase the chances of things going very wrong for our sims when they're in that emotional state.

Ex:
    A tense sim cooking increases the chance of a stove top fire.
    Tense sims on the computer, increased risk of the PC breaking, electrocution, or of hacking/other computer activities failing.
    Tense sim on a treadmill, increased risk of exhaustion and death etc etc.

This is such an amazing idea and gives being tense the consequential weight it needs to mean something. Thanks for sharing!