Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Showering with Clothes on Problem

So today when I was playing my game I noticed my sim showered with clothes on. I have a mod in my game to take away the pixels because they drive me crazy, but when she changed into "nude" she was wearing cc shorts and a crop top. I know this is because sometimes cc clothes are tagged with "nude" so I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix this without deleting those 2 pieces of cc! I tried removing the no pixels mod to see if it fixed the issue but i could still see the clothes under the pixels, which was even worse. I was thinking maybe there's a mod to make the nude outfit an actual default nude. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! ( I've had the no pixels mod in my game for months but this is the first time this has happened).

Comments

• Options
    sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    I have the no pixels mod as well and just noticed the other day that Sims were wearing clothes in the tub which is super annoying. Sadly I don't know what to do about it either.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Options
    OssbornOssborn Posts: 25 Member
    It´s either wrong tagged CC or broken CC, so you may have to find the responsible CC with the 50/50 method.

There´s a mod on MTS that may help too, search for "Copy Any Outfit". That mod adds a cheatcode to the game which lets you copy outfits from one to another category, including "bathing" and "carreer".

For example: create a nude outfit in Everyday, and then copy it to Bathing. That mod even helps you to check if there´s still broken CC clothing in your game. If the outfit doesnt change into nude, but into another non-nude outfit, there´s still broken CC in your game.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hmm. I know of the "Copy Any Outfit" mod -- have used it some, but I don't know if it's still functional. Pretty sure it hasn't been updated in some time. But from what's been described, you should be able to fix it via other means.

Actually, the first thing you need to do is to repair or remove the offending CC. Assuming it's something you like (if only it worked right), I'm looking at repairing it. Which can be done with Sims 4 Studio. Then once the CC is alright, you can repair the affected bathing (nude) outfit. There's another mod on MTS by Lynire that's been working for me for that. (If you simply try to repair the Sim's bathing outfit without first dealing with the CC, it'll just happen again.)

Luckily, the folks at Sims4Studio have created a whole set of batch fixes that will repair whole directories of CC at a time. So sign up (registration is needed to download, I believe, but it's free and they're good folks there. I've never gotten any manner of unsolicited e-mail from them or anything like that.) and download the latest version of Sims 4 Studio. You can do that HERE. (Link provided goes to the download topic for the most recent version as I write this. There'll be a description of the latest features first -- scroll down, and there's a big red, "Download" header right before the actual DL links.)

Once you have that, either run the installer if you got that, or unzip the files into the directory of your choice if you got the zipped version. (Same program either way, it's just personal preference if you'd like an installer or zip folder.)

Run S4S, and it'll take a little bit to scan all of the game files -- this generally takes a while on the first run, then gets a bit quicker when/if you run the program later. Once it's done, you want to go up and click on the 'Tools' menu, then 'Batch fixes' then 'CAS.' There are actually two fixes you should run to be sure you don't have any CC messing up your bathing outfits: "Disallow CC for default garment" and "Disallow CC for shower."

When you choose one of those options, it should bring up a requester that will allow you to enter the location of your Sims 4 folders (usually /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/) and a location for the S4S program to store backups of any CC it modifies. It always backs up the original files so if there are any problems after a fix, you can restore them as they were. These generally will already be set to the appropriate directories, but if you need/want to edit them, do so and then run the fix. Each fix works basically the same from the user's side, and after it completes it will tell you how many files it checked, how many needed fixing, and how many it successfully fixed.

Once that's done, you should just need to reset the bathing outfit of any affected Sims. For that, I've been using a mod by Lynire on MTS. You can find it HERE. It's an 'old-style' script mod, so what that means is that you -should NOT- unzip it. Just place the .zip file into your Mods directory. I'm not sure how familiar you are with using mods, particularly script mods, so I'll also mention that if you use subfolders in your Mods directory, you should not place it more than one folder under the Mods directory itself. (I've had problems with the game finding script mods when I've tried nesting them deeper. YMMV.) Also, make sure that you have the box checked in Game Options to allow script mods to run. It's a separate/additional one from the basic one to load mods at all.

Then load up the household with the Sim that's affected, select that Sim as your active Sim, open the console with CTRL-SHIFT-C and type: "reset_bathing_outfit current" (without the quotes, of course). That should reset the Sim's bathing outfit and it will say that, as well as telling you which outfit the Sim is currently wearing. (IE: Everyday 1, Formal 2, etc.) You can also specify a Sim with first and last name, or even use "all" instead of "current" to reset all Sims' bathing outfits. (Never tried "all" -- seems like it could take some time if you have a lot of Sims, and probably not all of them really need it.)

Once that's done, I would save your game using the "Save as" option. This will save a copy of the game with the reset bathing outfit(s) and by using "Save as" you don't overwrite your old save. That's just to be safe in case anything went wrong. You can always load up the old save and be right back where you were, no worse for wear.

Hopefully, at this point, everything should be working and you're good to go. :-)

Hope this helps!
    Post edited by Ayradyss on
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    akwilliamsakwilliams Posts: 44 Member
    @Ayradyss You're a wonderful person for writing that guide and you should feel wonderful. And get yourself a donut or something. Maybe a muffin. Or a cupcake.
  • Options
    OliiveSimsOliiveSims Posts: 73 Member
    @Ayradyss omg thank you so much for this, Ive never used Sims4Studio so this guide will be VERY useful for me! I appreciate it so much :) and yes I agree with @akwilliams I wish I could give you a cupcake now! Lol
  • Options
    fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    I just started having this same problem! Sims showering with their tops on... or rather, with the default peach colored bra and no bottoms.
    I tried removing any recent CC that was installed (even though this just showed up after the update, I believe). Removing those CC didn't work. So I removed all mods (just in case a mod was broken). No changes. I cleared cache files after each removal as well. Tonight I was desperate to figure it out and removed all CC/Mods. Started up game. I tested one of the Sims I had noticed with this issue.. She was bald and had blue skin (from missing CC), but as soon as she showered, her bra appeared. So even with no CC, it keeps happening.

HELP!

I'm gonna try the "fix" above, but I'm not sure if it will help.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I just started having this same problem! Sims showering with their tops on... or rather, with the default peach colored bra and no bottoms.
    I tried removing any recent CC that was installed (even though this just showed up after the update, I believe). Removing those CC didn't work. So I removed all mods (just in case a mod was broken). No changes. I cleared cache files after each removal as well. Tonight I was desperate to figure it out and removed all CC/Mods. Started up game. I tested one of the Sims I had noticed with this issue.. She was bald and had blue skin (from missing CC), but as soon as she showered, her bra appeared. So even with no CC, it keeps happening.

HELP!

Hello @fozzybear98
    The issue that you are having is referred to in this thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/td-p/5586994
    A workaround to use if you have MC Command Center mod, is to click on the sim whilst they are showering/bathing, then click on MC Command Center, then Dresser, then,outfit commands, then click on "clean outfits". Then see if that helps to fix the issue.
  • Options

Hello @fozzybear98
    The issue that you are having is referred to in this thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/td-p/5586994
    A workaround to use if you have MC Command Center mod, is to click on the sim whilst they are showering/bathing, then click on MC Command Center, then Dresser, then,outfit commands, then click on "clean outfits". Then see if that helps to fix the issue.
    [/quote]

Thanks Rose. I'll try that next, if the first group of steps don't fix it.
  • Options

Run S4S, and it'll take a little bit to scan all of the game files -- this generally takes a while on the first run, then gets a bit quicker when/if you run the program later. Once it's done, you want to go up and click on the 'Tools' menu, then 'Batch fixes' then 'CAS.' There are actually two fixes you should run to be sure you don't have any CC messing up your bathing outfits: "Disallow CC for default garment" and "Disallow CC for shower."

When you choose one of those options, it should bring up a requester that will allow you to enter the location of your Sims 4 folders (usually /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/) and a location for the S4S program to store backups of any CC it modifies. It always backs up the original files so if there are any problems after a fix, you can restore them as they were. These generally will already be set to the appropriate directories, but if you need/want to edit them, do so and then run the fix. Each fix works basically the same from the user's side, and after it completes it will tell you how many files it checked, how many needed fixing, and how many it successfully fixed.

Once that's done, you should just need to reset the bathing outfit of any affected Sims. For that, I've been using a mod by Lynire on MTS. You can find it HERE. It's an 'old-style' script mod, so what that means is that you -should NOT- unzip it. Just place the .zip file into your Mods directory. I'm not sure how familiar you are with using mods, particularly script mods, so I'll also mention that if you use subfolders in your Mods directory, you should not place it more than one folder under the Mods directory itself. (I've had problems with the game finding script mods when I've tried nesting them deeper. YMMV.) Also, make sure that you have the box checked in Game Options to allow script mods to run. It's a separate/additional one from the basic one to load mods at all.

Then load up the household with the Sim that's affected, select that Sim as your active Sim, open the console with CTRL-SHIFT-C and type: "reset_bathing_outfit current" (without the quotes, of course). That should reset the Sim's bathing outfit and it will say that, as well as telling you which outfit the Sim is currently wearing. (IE: Everyday 1, Formal 2, etc.) You can also specify a Sim with first and last name, or even use "all" instead of "current" to reset all Sims' bathing outfits. (Never tried "all" -- seems like it could take some time if you have a lot of Sims, and probably not all of them really need it.)

Ayradyss

I tried these step and NOTHING happened during the last one (reset_bathing_outfit current).

I'm not sure why nothing is coming up.

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I have the no pixels mod as well and I had my Sim showering with his cloths on and then he would walk around naked until the game decided to show his clothing. Basically the game was lagging as far the changing the clothes when they did their swirl and just wasn't matching up. Cleaned out my CC folder and cut down and it stopped the issue. I figured I just WAY too much CC clothing in my game.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    OK... Following up. I could not get the "reset_bathing_outfit" to run using current, the Sim's name, or All. Nothing happened.

I got desperate and removed my Mods folder with all my CC/mods. Started the game and could see that my Sim still had a peach bra on through the pixelation. I added the Mosaic mod back in and sure enough, she's still wearing it. According to someone on MTS site for the mod by Lynire, there are TWO bugs. One is bad/broken CC and the other is an actual EA bug. I've got the EA bug.

Females only seem to be affected and they shower in the default peach bra only.

Now to wait until EA fixes this bug.. (sigh)

Thank you all for advice and help that you've given.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member

HELP!

I have exactly the same problem. @rosemow Ty very much for providing the link to the AHQ EA site.
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »

HELP!

I have exactly the same problem. @rosemow Ty very much for providing the link to the AHQ EA site.

Hello.
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited November 2016
    I was getting this issue a lot as well - my Sims were originally showering in CC clothing so I used S4S to do a batch fix. Then they started showering in EA clothing and I was stumped - I had no idea what could be causing that to happen but it kept on occurring, but only on one or two Sims, not all of them.

I ended up downloading this mod that allows you to copy outfits from other Sims - so my Sim went to the gym and copied one of the other Sim's nude outfits, and the issue went away.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited November 2016
    You can use sims4studio to tag all cc to be unusable in the shower. It's super easy to use their batch fix. You can reset their 'nude' outfit, but I'm not sure if you need a mod for that or if there's an EA cheat.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    @Aine done that... but the issue remains. til now 19 people said "me too" on ahq. It was after the patch. The simstudio cannot fix and the mc commander fix the problem temporary. Simguru nick said that will look into it... Some people said the sim starts well and after the second shower the bra shows up. Other suggested that can me mask related.. Or can be mods.... Going to try a clean game to see what happens.. and starting with the 50 50 method
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    @Aine done that... but the issue remains. til now 19 people said "me too" on ahq. It was after the patch. The simstudio cannot fix and the mc commander fix the problem temporary. Simguru nick said that will look into it... Some people said the sim starts well and after the second shower the bra shows up. Other suggested that can me mask related.. Or can be mods.... Going to try a clean game to see what happens.. and starting with the 50 50 method
    That's weird. I hope they fix it soon.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry to be slow in responding!

Thanks for the thanks -- if my guide was able to help some, then I'm certainly glad of that!

@fozzybear98 -- I'm not sure why the 'reset_bathing_outfit' command didn't return anything at all. Generally that means something isn't right in the way the mod is installed or the game settings and the mod isn't working. Things to doublecheck: Should put the .zip file you downloaded into your Mods folder -- don't unzip it. Make sure it's not nested more than one folder deep within the Mods folder to be safe. Make sure your game options are set to allow script mods. You might just type 'reset_bathing_outfit' without any parameters and if the mod is working, it should give a brief help message listing the options.

One thing to note: There are indeed two different issues. If your Sim is wearing CC clothing when they should be nude, that's a bad CC issue and should be fixed with the procedure I described. On the other hand, if they're wearing the EA default pink bra, that's an EA glitch, and to the best of my knowledge there's no way to really fix that. (Just waiting on an official patch.) Now, there might be a way to use the 'Dresser' module of MCCC, but I am not familiar enough with that to know how it works/if it works.

I've got the 'pink bra' issue myself on a Sim or two now, and when I used the 'reset_bathing_outfit' it appeared to work for a bit, but as soon as I traveled or basically did anything that caused a load screen, the pink bra would return. :( Still hoping the Gurus will fix that one soon.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    @Ayradyss
    Thanks again!
    I put the mod into my Mod folder directly. Didn't unzip it. Just downloaded it straight to that location.
    When it didn't work, I tried it with the files opened up. Still didn't work.
    I used the "testingcheats on" before trying.
    I'm going to try again, just to make sure. I don't know if it's because I have my CC in sub-sub-folders.
    IE: C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Hair\10162016
    I'm off to try it again. I'll update with results (if I can remember to get off the Sims game).... LOL
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I have this bug in my game too. Here's something I noticed though: my sim gets into the bath, changes into the peach bra and no bottoms. Then while she's bathing, if I use MCCC to change her outfit to "bathing" (because it can be done without interrupting the bathing action), it changes her and she is nude as expected. The bathing outfit was there and just fine all along. So... I don't think the problem is with the bathing outfit. The problem is that they're getting into the bath and changing into something that is NOT their stored bathing outfit.

If you guys have MCCC (or I think you might be able to do it with testing cheats?), try that in your game and see if your actual bathing outfit is fine but they're just not wearing it.
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have the same problem you can clean the outfit on MCCC but its temporary solution because after you do some changes in Cas like select new clothes or change body shape you will have the pink bra again
  • Options
    I tried without mods... removed my mods folder to desktop, cleaned up the cache files and repaired the game before starting a new game. I place the no censor mode so i can see if the bug was happening or not. My sim went to shower and nothing happens.. Nothing happened in the second or third shower but after I send my sim change her clothes in the cas the problem triggered... so I guess is not cc related..

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    anoses wrote: »
    I have the same problem you can clean the outfit on MCCC but its temporary solution because after you do some changes in Cas like select new clothes or change body shape you will have the pink bra again
    I am not seeing that cleaning option and I got MCCC and the dresser o.O
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I have the same problem. Ugh.

• Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member

@Zafireria Hello, When you open the dresser module on MCCC(do this while your sim is bathing so the bathing outfit category shows up on MCCC), there should be an option to "blacklist item" select this and it'll give you a list of body parts (top, bottom, etc) select top. Then go back, until you see an option to "clean outfits" this should run the dresser module and your sim will revert to nude.

I don't have my game open right now, so these steps are what I can remember from the last time I had to use the dresser module.
    I regret some of my life choices.