Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So now that you can make lines......

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, now that you can make sims line up behind objects (see water slide in TS4 for reference) will you finally give us a checkout through the register like in TS1 and TS2?

the-sims-2-open-for-business-20060228103836493.jpg

Because honestly, what will be the excuse now? You have register animations make them loop and add the opening of the drawer and apply the logic used in the slide for sims to line up.

@SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruAzure
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Can anyone tag all SimGurus?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That would be utterly awesome.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Can anyone tag all SimGurus?

Edited to tag some of them. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Doubt it. They said they are not changing anything from GTW (when they asked for the save files). My only hope is that someday they will give us malls as a new venue, so they would have to redo stores and how they work to make it possible to have more than one different store in a lot. Maybe then they will give us proper cash registers.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Doubt it. They said they are not changing anything from GTW (when they asked for the save files). My only hope is that someday they will give us malls as a new venue, so they would have to redo stores and how they work to make it possible to have more than one different store in a lot. Maybe then they will give us proper cash registers.

That's just #sad. They really messed up with the retail in this EP they should have sicked with just active careers or with just OFB not do both :'(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Yes, Please! @SimGuruDrake Could lines be ever added to the GTW? Because so far it looks like sims are illegally buying stuff "under the table". :D
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    OMG YES! No toddlers, teleporting and the swipe shopping are the most annoying things for me in TS4.

I need this: :cry:

28337986986_149b4622c7_o.png
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I've been wanting Malls ever since that teaser promo pic ages ago! :(
    I can't remember if it was concept or promo, but I wanted it, along with the shopping bags.
    I can't find that pic. :s
    Registers should ring up people, and they should be able to walk out with their purchases in bags.
    But of course, this is just me "wishful thinking"... o:)

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So, now that you can make sims line up behind objects (see water slide in TS4 for reference) will you finally give us a checkout through the register like in TS1 and TS2?

the-sims-2-open-for-business-20060228103836493.jpg

Because honestly, what will be the excuse now? You have register animations make them loop and add the opening of the drawer and apply the logic used in the slide for sims to line up.

@SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruAzure

Honestly, when I saw the sims lining up to wait their turn to go on the water slide, all I could think was.. "And you can't have a sim wait three seconds to get in the fridge?" One of my bigger pet peeves about this game is if one sim is getting in the fridge every other sim that queues up that action will immediately start waving their hands and drop the queue. They seriously can't wait three seconds to get in the fridge next... now that we have the "wait your turn" action... I expect my sims to be able to wait their turn for the Fridge, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    Please bring the line system to Cafes as well instead of the cluster that is currently there
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Please bring lines to like everything...sick of seeing sims merged in each other and stuck because they all tried to grab a drink at the same time or all went to the baby.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Please bring the line system to Cafes as well instead of the cluster that is currently there

I didn't even though of Cafes, yes that needs to happen as well!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Oh yeah, a mall would be AMAZING. They could focus on us being the costumer, instead of the shop owner.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I would love that so much... I despise GTW because of the retail system! Maybe they can add proper lines to hospitals in GTW too.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Please bring lines to like everything...sick of seeing sims merged in each other and stuck because they all tried to grab a drink at the same time or all went to the baby.

Exactly. Proper lines would probably solve most clipping issues
  • Options
    GottaPlayEmAllGottaPlayEmAll Posts: 3 New Member
    I know this is an old thread, but for everybody else like me who comes by looking for a Sims 2 checkout system in Sims 4, now there is a mod for that :
    [url=https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=649661]https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=649661[/url]

I've read the threads about "necroposting" and if I understood it correctly, I can "Add new and helpful information"... If this is not ok, just tell me, it's fine.