Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nice Slide but where will I put it?

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I don't mind the slides being big in terms of realism but I agree with the telescope xD. That needs to be adjusted quick tbh

haha I want the old telescope back! My sims don't need to see 4000 lightyears away to stargaze

I'd rather they give us proper sized binoculars (with interaction), reduce the microscope and rename the telescope to observatory as if we get rid of that, we lose a woohoo spot and we can't be having that!

Sims can woohoo in the observatory?1 I just learned something new, then again none of my sims use it because it is too massive.
    I actually meant ina future pack they could add the normal ones we had in previous games.

O' yeah, comes with its own animation etc. I have a community lot with all this big stuff on it. In my main save, I have an abandoned govt lab surrounded by greenery that I got from the gallery that has some cellars and stuff and I have plonked a telescope/observatory on that. I have also added a firepit from OR, etc. I use it for drifters, played homeless, clandestine meetings, etc.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I don't mind the slides being big in terms of realism but I agree with the telescope xD. That needs to be adjusted quick tbh

haha I want the old telescope back! My sims don't need to see 4000 lightyears away to stargaze

I'd rather they give us proper sized binoculars (with interaction), reduce the microscope and rename the telescope to observatory as if we get rid of that, we lose a woohoo spot and we can't be having that!

Sims can woohoo in the observatory?1 I just learned something new, then again none of my sims use it because it is too massive.
    I actually meant ina future pack they could add the normal ones we had in previous games.

O' yeah, comes with its own animation etc. I have a community lot with all this big stuff on it. In my main save, I have an abandoned govt lab surrounded by greenery that I got from the gallery that has some cellars and stuff and I have plonked a telescope/observatory on that. I have also added a firepit from OR, etc. I use it for drifters, played homeless, clandestine meetings, etc.

Awesome! I guess I should just edit some lot and put stuff on it haha. Always so lazy with that just like I was in Sims 3.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Oh it looks like fun, can finally make parks fun for all. Yeah, too bad the property in Newcrest by Fern Park couldn't be updated as a fun park.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Sorry I didn't see. It really is massive, I hope you manage to find an appropriate lot to place it on or something. :(
  • Options
    I live on a pretty big lot so I can make it work. I can either:

A. Delete some stuff from my yard and place it there:

28271174505_06e8482db1_b.jpg

28237167806_39fff69e77_b.jpg

Or B. Put it at the side of the house (probably going to do this).

27655931163_77bab2c07a_b.jpg
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Maybe if we got a new world with bigger lots... *hint hint*
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »

Nice where is that lot and what size is it?

I'll probably put it on the side but it's not my favorite spot haha I just don't like big lots that much XD
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Water slide + pirate ship + swimming pool = acquapark, so you don't have to put it in your lot and every sim can use it if you play in rotation.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I love the gallery! I'm sure some creative person will have an amazing time designing an awesome park!
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Water slide + pirate ship + swimming pool = acquapark, so you don't have to put it in your lot and every sim can use it if you play in rotation.

Nice idea but like I said, I like having those things on y lots for easy access, especially when I don't feel like loading
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,597 Member
    I have to admit that was the first thought that entered my head when I saw the slide... dollhouses sprang to mind :D

I should be ok with it as I tend to have small houses with lots of yard space and not much in them. But I would certainly put them in parks. That's pretty cool that they will be able to walk across them... though I wonder if sims will accidentally do that while someone is sliding down it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think what would help is if they allowed it to be placed into a sim's inventory and then placed like tents are in OR. So that it can be used when sim;s go on vacation, plonk it down in the park, etc.

It would be a real shame to mess up that nice back garden above with that water slide always there.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    @06Bon06 It's a pre-built house in Willow Creek on a 40x30 Lot, it's called Brook Bungalow. I love this lot, I've had my family there since BaseGame. :)
  • Options
    I have to admit that was the first thought that entered my head when I saw the slide... dollhouses sprang to mind :D

I should be ok with it as I tend to have small houses with lots of yard space and not much in them. But I would certainly put them in parks. That's pretty cool that they will be able to walk across them... though I wonder if sims will accidentally do that while someone is sliding down it.

Totally expect that to happen lmao. My sims can't even go to a club without everyone morphing into the poor DJ
  • Options
    @06Bon06 It's a pre-built house in Willow Creek on a 40x30 Lot, it's called Brook Bungalow. I love this lot, I've had my family there since BaseGame. :)

Ooo it looks pretty. I must say I love all the sims in your siggy, they are all soo cute
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My thought is that the slide would be for the moderate income Sim family who can't afford a full pool -- that was the case when I was growing up: the rich kids had the in-ground pool, the middle income kids had the Slip N' Slide, the poor kids had sprinklers or made friends with the other kids.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,597 Member
    My thought is that the slide would be for the moderate income Sim family who can't afford a full pool -- that was the case when I was growing up: the rich kids had the in-ground pool, the middle income kids had the Slip N' Slide, the poor kids had sprinklers or made friends with the other kids.
    Lol, I guess we have a different standard of living in the uk (plus no room for pools). When my kids were little I would put a washing up bowl full of water in the garden and they would play for hours... :D
  • Options
    Slide? Sprinkler? Pool!!

When I was a lad, we 'd nowt but a muddy puddle t' lake about in, and we wus grateful.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options

Nice where is that lot and what size is it?

I'll probably put it on the side but it's not my favorite spot haha I just don't like big lots that much XD

That looks like Brook Bungalow (40x30 lot) -- it's in Willow Creek across the street from where the Pancakes live. (I remodeled it to include a basement and added a pool; could take out the pool and substitute the slide instead which would enable me to enlarge the basement if desired to add more rooms.)

If it builds Motor skills for kids, I might delete the pool from my current family's house in Windenburg and put in the slide instead.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    Lol, I guess we have a different standard of living in the uk (plus no room for pools). When my kids were little I would put a washing up bowl full of water in the garden and they would play for hours... :D
    Yeah my family couldn't afford a slip n' slide and I live in the USA. We got a kiddie pool and that was it. After that it was playing with sprinklers. Too much water with the droughts in California to have a slip n' slide. Only the rich kids could have the slip n' slides where I grew up. But I grew up at the beach, so I still had some access to swimming in water. I guess it makes sense then that small lots can't fit the slip n' slide then. Smaller lots usually mean smaller incomes.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,332 Member
    Yeah I'm worried about these slides sizes especially i don't live in big lots i prefer medium or smaller ones
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah my family couldn't afford a slip and slide. We got a kiddie pool and that was it. After that it was playing with sprinklers.

I had a slip and slide!! But the dogs always broke it, that and my one cousin <.< I give my sims tiny pools so I still want both lol
  • Options
    We had 3 waterslides in TS3, and they were 8x2. But interestingly the shark and frog one had an extra tile added on making them 9x2 for some reason?

28237696766_0c4fd3bafa_b.jpg
  • Options

A good friend of mine in elementary school was one of the first kids I knew who had an actual in-ground pool (others had the above-ground type you assembled and filled with water); I didn't know how to swim so when I tried to keep up with the others and went into too deep water, I almost drowned. :o I did finally learn how to swim in junior high (7th grade -- about 14 years old). B)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I had a slip and slide!! But the dogs always broke it, that and my one cousin <.< I give my sims tiny pools so I still want both lol
    That's a shame. :( Bad doggies and cousin.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller