Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some (but not all) CC not showing up in game

katli10katli10 Posts: 5 New Member
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I need some help with my custom content. I'm not sure exactly which custom content, but I'm sure some custom content isn't appearing in my game. I downloaded lots of CC for girls and lots for other genders and they just will not show up. Although most of my CC usually shows up, this is really confusing me. Thanks for any help that anyone gives me.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    katli10 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and I need some help with my custom content. I'm not sure exactly which custom content, but I'm sure some custom content isn't appearing in my game. I downloaded lots of CC for girls and lots for other genders and they just will not show up. Although most of my CC usually shows up, this is really confusing me. Thanks for any help that anyone gives me.

Hello.
    The cc that is not showing up may have been broken due to a game patch. Try going back to the sites where you downloaded them from and check to see if other simmers are having issues with the cc also. You could also test by redownloading the files and see if that helps. Check to make sure that the cc is not for Sims 2 or Sims 3. Some cc require the original mesh to be installed as well so try checking on the download sites to see if you need to also have the original mesh.
    Make sure that you have taken the files out of the zipped folder, then put them into the mods folder.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Also, welcome to the forums! :)
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    If you downloaded a recolor, that shows up as a thumbnail under the original piece of clothing. Could that be the issue? Have you gone into CAS and done a search by CC to see if the item(s) are there. It will show recolors as well.

Also, with the missing items, go back to the site you found them on and make sure you don't need to download a mesh for it to show up.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I can't pinpoint the authors of the custom content I downloaded. I'll try to find them tomorrow, but it will be hard.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hello.
    If some of the cc are default replacements, there will only be one version that will appear in CAS. You can only use/have one default replacement of a cc item at a time in your game. Perhaps some of your cc may be default replacements?
  • Options
    I'll check for it. Sorry for a late reply.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I can't pinpoint the authors of the custom content I downloaded. I'll try to find them tomorrow, but it will be hard.

You might try googling for the exact filenames, maybe it would lead you to the creator's website or blog or something. Just an idea I had. May not be practical if you have a LOT, but, it would probably give you a place to start.
  • Options
    Maybe I'll use a trick for detecting corrupted custom content a user used in a post here. Anyway, thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Maybe I'll use a trick for detecting corrupted custom content a user used in a post here. Anyway, thanks!

Hello.
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put the cc one by one or in batches back into the game, and test if they show up in the game or are causing issues. Put one item or batch in , test the game , then take it out. Then keep doing the same thing.
  • Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    I agree with above about updates breaking some CC. You may also have one mesh sharing different names, if this is so only one will show. Doing what rosemow said will help and/or a bit of research to find which creator is using which mesh may help also. I hope you get it sorted out :-)
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    peticalepeticale Posts: 8 New Member
    Just curious, would anyone know why some CC items would show up in CAS on your sim, but not show up on the right, where your items are listed? Because it's not showing up on the right, I can't like change the color or select/deselect it. I've had this happen with only a few of the CC items I've installed, but I really have no idea why it would show up on a sim but not show up in the list of items on the right
    I've installed tons of CC, really never had too many problems with it, or nothing I couldn't figure out or solve, but I'm really stumped on this one & haven't found a solution. I've considered asking the individual artists of those random CC items, but I feel like it's an issue on the game's end if it shows up on sims just fine, but the game doesn't seem to want to list it for me on the right...
  • Options
    peticale wrote: »
    Just curious, would anyone know why some CC items would show up in CAS on your sim, but not show up on the right, where your items are listed? Because it's not showing up on the right, I can't like change the color or select/deselect it. I've had this happen with only a few of the CC items I've installed, but I really have no idea why it would show up on a sim but not show up in the list of items on the right
    I've installed tons of CC, really never had too many problems with it, or nothing I couldn't figure out or solve, but I'm really stumped on this one & haven't found a solution. I've considered asking the individual artists of those random CC items, but I feel like it's an issue on the game's end if it shows up on sims just fine, but the game doesn't seem to want to list it for me on the right...

Hello.
    Do those items appear randomly on your sim, without you being able to choose to use them?
    Try removing those cc item files from your game, then download and install the files again and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    So for some reason, around yesterday I opened my game to see the CC I downloaded finally reappear. As to what caused it to not appear in the first place, I have no idea what happened. Thanks for everything anyway, guys! You were really helpful!
  • Options
    So for some reason, around yesterday I opened my game to see the CC I downloaded finally reappear. As to what caused it to not appear in the first place, I have no idea what happened. Thanks for everything anyway, guys! You were really helpful!

Hello @katli10 . I am glad that the cc is appearing now. That is great! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Do those items appear randomly on your sim, without you being able to choose to use them?
    Try removing those cc item files from your game, then download and install the files again and see if that helps the issue.

Yes that's exactly right. They will appear if I randomize my sim, but they don't show up in the list of items on the right so I could select, deselect, or change the color of the item. I uninstalled the one item I knew off the top of my head was doing it, cleared my trash just in case, & redownloaded & reinstalled. Same issue, appears randomly but not on the right side of the screen.
    I'm wondering if maybe the issue is with the items themselves, like maybe they aren't programmed to be visible in any of the clothing categories (everyday, party, active, etc.) & that's why they work when randomized but don't show up on the right? I don't know much about CC creation, but I know you can set CC items to show in certain categories, but I also know you can just exit out of that filter & see everything but, you know I'm just trying to think of possible answers.
    The only CC item I am positive isn't showing up is by a Russian simmer so I worry there's too big of a communication gap to really try to explain the issue to them & see if it's on their end /: I might snoop around their blog, see if anyone has commented about the item not working..
  • Options
    Hello.

Yes that's exactly right. They will appear if I randomize my sim, but they don't show up in the list of items on the right so I could select, deselect, or change the color of the item. I uninstalled the one item I knew off the top of my head was doing it, cleared my trash just in case, & redownloaded & reinstalled. Same issue, appears randomly but not on the right side of the screen.
    I'm wondering if maybe the issue is with the items themselves, like maybe they aren't programmed to be visible in any of the clothing categories (everyday, party, active, etc.) & that's why they work when randomized but don't show up on the right? I don't know much about CC creation, but I know you can set CC items to show in certain categories, but I also know you can just exit out of that filter & see everything but, you know I'm just trying to think of possible answers.
    The only CC item I am positive isn't showing up is by a Russian simmer so I worry there's too big of a communication gap to really try to explain the issue to them & see if it's on their end /: I might snoop around their blog, see if anyone has commented about the item not working..

Hello @peticale.
    If you download sims4 studio tool, you can see what categories the cc is set to. This is a link to the sims 4 studio site.
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio
    This is tutorial on recategorising cc items.
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/2323/recategorize-custom-content-using-studio
    You need to join the site, but it is free. The simmers who run the site are very helpful and will answer any queries that you have, and post about on the site's forum.
  • Options

Hm.. I would but the sims 4 studio tool is Windows only, & I'm running on Mac ): I've considered downloading it in the past to try to create my own CC, but I'm too worried about the process of partitioning my computer & running a Windows simulator to download & run the tool, so oh well. Guess I'll just delete the CC items I know don't show up, & maybe try to ask the artists if they can give me information.
    Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, @rosemow (:
  • Options
    dawsom18dawsom18 Posts: 50 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    If you downloaded a recolor, that shows up as a thumbnail under the original piece of clothing. Could that be the issue? Have you gone into CAS and done a search by CC to see if the item(s) are there. It will show recolors as well.

Also, with the missing items, go back to the site you found them on and make sure you don't need to download a mesh for it to show up.

I was wondering why new different colours weren't showing up but I bet this is the reason lol!
  • Options

Hm.. I would but the sims 4 studio tool is Windows only, & I'm running on Mac ): I've considered downloading it in the past to try to create my own CC, but I'm too worried about the process of partitioning my computer & running a Windows simulator to download & run the tool, so oh well. Guess I'll just delete the CC items I know don't show up, & maybe try to ask the artists if they can give me information.
    Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, @rosemow (:

Hello @peticale.
    Perhaps you may like to post here the name of the files that you are having an issue with and other simmers may be able to tell you if they are having issues with the same cc or not.
  • Options
    AniloverslAniloversl Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a similar problem. Most of my CC is in my game but some just don't show up. They are in my mods folder, and I see them, but when I open up my game and check the in game mod folder, stuff is missing. I do always download CC in HUGE batches, so could that be part of the problem? I have restarted my game a couple times, because I thought it might have needed more time to load. Help!
  • Options
    Aniloversl wrote: »
    I have a similar problem. Most of my CC is in my game but some just don't show up. They are in my mods folder, and I see them, but when I open up my game and check the in game mod folder, stuff is missing. I do always download CC in HUGE batches, so could that be part of the problem? I have restarted my game a couple times, because I thought it might have needed more time to load. Help!

Hello @AniLove .
    Does all the cc appear in CAS and /or in build/buy mode? Or are they just missing being listed in the in-game mods folder?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    If you are in CAS, try removing the Feminine or Masculine filter and ticking the CC filter.
  • Options
    PrincessGisellePrincessGiselle Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi for some reason, after the latest update some and most of my shoes, hair and make up CCs doesn,t show up. I had turn on my enable cc and script mods >.<
  • Options
    Hi for some reason, after the latest update some and most of my shoes, hair and make up CCs doesn,t show up. I had turn on my enable cc and script mods >.<

Hello @PrincessGiselle
    Do they not appear in CAS mode?

Try taking them out of their subfolders and see if that helps the issue.

Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Start the game and a new mods folder will be generated in the documents -electronic arts-sims 4 folder . Exit the game. Then put the cc back from the desktop mods folder in batches into the new mods folder and test after each batch to see if they appear in the game.

Some of the cc may have been broken by the latest patch, try going back to the cc sites where you downloaded them from and see if other Simmers are also having issues, or if updated versions have been released,
  • Options
    ShandapShandap Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, I am having a similar problem the content is not showing up but it's being generated onto sims. Like this morning when I was in cas the sims was wearing a pair of joggers that I i put in a week ago and couldn't find in the game.