Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Librarians are using odd hair coloring

Is it normal for Librarians to pick unnatural hair colors? Lately all of mine have been looking a bit trendy. lol
Below are two of mine I have in different games I am currently playing. How are your Librarians?

4j4tl.png2guihyf.png

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    My librarian has pink dreadlocks too. Weird! Perhaps they are programmed to spawn with unnatural hair colors and look like hipsters
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Yup, this looks familiar. And female librarians always wear those glasses.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've had a couple townies with teal, green, etc hair too, but I wasn't sure if they were librarians at some point.
    I've noticed male librarians often spawn with that large beard too
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Yup, this looks familiar. And female librarians always wear those glasses.

And that shirt too! It's nice because they actually look like librarians. It would be weird if the spawned with weird party clothing like one of those mini dresses lol
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    So it isn't just me. I guess hipster librarians are common among Sims. I learned something new today. :D
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    My librarians and also with Outdoor Retreat my park rangers have the same "problem" I guess. My guess is that whatever hair colour percentage was used for townies was over looked with these two? Or maybe it's purposeful, but I think it's a very odd choice if that's the case.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2016
    The last one I remember noticing was a black girl with white hair (YA) - I like it. Most recent male had the dark red hair and hipster beard.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Mine tend to be blond or redheaded. My maids and park rangers usually have the more colorful variety :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    How do you get a librarian in your game, I have never seen one that I know of. Perhaps I have never looked
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Seems like your liberarians want to be the new power rangers "book rangers".

:D
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    How do you get a librarian in your game, I have never seen one that I know of. Perhaps I have never looked

The game creates a librarian automatically the first time you visit a library (it's the same system as gym trainers for example). They don't do much: they just keep the library organized by cleaning up books.
  • Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    My game seems to only spawn female librarians with the light pink hair.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    QDog wrote: »

The game creates a librarian automatically the first time you visit a library (it's the same system as gym trainers for example). They don't do much: they just keep the library organized by cleaning up books.

@QDog Thanks, I did not know that, now I will have to look and see who is the librarian. Something new all the time. I am curious to see who is the librarian in my game. very interesting.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    QDog wrote: »

@QDog Thanks, I did not know that, now I will have to look and see who is the librarian. Something new all the time. I am curious to see who is the librarian in my game. very interesting.

You're welcome :) I don't think it's someone new every time you visit the library. It's the same sim but it's generated the first time you visit a library. Look for the weird hair colors, it seems most librarians are fond of pink hair!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    If you have CC that will happen often
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As a library staff person, I can say that my hair is not funky colors, although I will say that female librarian with the green hair is kinda cute. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    The park rangers are also rather hipster nowadays..
    26563640160_4d497c0048_b.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I now have Sims walking around town in blue and or green beards and eyebrows now, too. After I installed OR this week. The Not in the world townies in my main game. I had to go fix those since I already don't like what they wear most of the time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think the game has a tendency to balance out CAS assets when generating new sims. So it'll use hair/eyes/clothes that are newer and haven't been used yet, or stuff you tend to ignore because you don't like it.

I always seem to see new townies generated with the stuff I use the least. Or maybe I just notice it more, because I don't like it? Lol
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I don't usually visit the libraries but the few times I have there were different librarians and they all had purple hair lol
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I feel cheated ! I've got regular looking people in my game , I'd rather have that little twinge of odd. Maybe I should revisit thee places to see if anything has changed.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Thanks everyone. I am glad to know Librarians are fascinated with odd hair coloring in your games too. I haven;t noticed the Park Rangers. I think my SIm needs to go on a vacation soon :)
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    They're all just embracing their inner rainbow!! Or the game got bored so started it's own MLP challenge hair style!

Not seen this in my game recently but I'll have to keep an eye out for it, I quite like hipster ranger, his brows are on fleek :finger snaps:
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan