Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unisex CAS

SimsCommunity just posted and article stating that one of our teasers/easter eggs might be a unisex portion of CAS. What do you guys think?

simscommunity.info/2016/04/29/the-sims-4-unisex-cas-feature-teasers/
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    If that was the case I'd love it.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited April 2016
    Male sims can wear female hairs, accessories and probably make-ups too.
    Same goes to female sims. No need using cc anymore for this.
    This feature hasn't release yet, maybe it will. There's hint. ;)

But im worried of 1 thing, about how will they generate random sims. I afraid many male sims will end up looking girly.
    Hopefully they have solution for that. Maybe like labelling & filtering 'female based' on CAS when creating male sims or whatsoever & generate least amount of npc sims that will use female's features.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    YES PLEASE. I'm all for it! There are so many of the hairstyles in CAS I wish was unisex, and clothes too. I like how they've already started to do this with children's hairstyles, and I think adult CAS-items will follow. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,636 Member
    Some short hairstyles for women do have a tendency to look male-ish. I wore what was called a Pixie cut for years. (Really, it was a Beatles-cut.) I stopped and grew it out when I overheard two guys I had passed in the hallway in high school, wearing my big feux-fur coat, "Is that a guy or a girl?" I was mortified, to say the least. Bad enough the size of my bosoms had the slider nearly all the way to the small side, but still. I always thought my face was feminine, at least. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm for it. Choices are Fun in games.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I'm for it. Choices are Fun in games.

I love your avi Rflong <3

• Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    I'd love it, specially because there is not many long hair for males and some of the female ones could work.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited April 2016
    i hope they make an option for beards too. Would love to make a "conchita wurst" sim :wink:
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would love this feature! It gives a lot more freedom in creating a sim. I wouldn't have a problem with any sims "appearing" as the opposite gender. Not my own or randomly generated townies. I see only good things coming from this :)
    ETA: Would be cool to be able to give sims a gender marker in ts4 as well. As in, a typically "male-bodied" woman or "female-bodied" man. That's just my opinion though.
  • Options
    I'm happy about these because I know some Simmers wanted to make trans-gendered Sims. With this, now they can.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,636 Member
    I have no hope of any such filter. Already some of my male babies morph into children wearing pink shoes. I take them straight-away to the dresser and 'fix' this little glitch. Oi!

But, I'm certain the CAS changes will make many Simmers quite happy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    They might disable the long hair and make up for random
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'd love it. <3
    Imagine the possibilities. There would be so many more options for our Sims.
  • Options
    I have no hope of any such filter. Already some of my male babies morph into children wearing pink shoes. I take them straight-away to the dresser and 'fix' this little glitch. Oi!

But, I'm certain the CAS changes will make many Simmers quite happy.

Yea I understand that. It does get really annoying, when they become children and they don't look like their genders. Especially the girls, leaves me confused like "Wait, I thought you were a girl?"

• Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't want randomly generated Sims walking around looking overly butch or feminine. Could be interesting though. Definitely some of the hairs could work for both genders without it seeming out of place. Not the pigtails though xD

No pigtails? who wouldn't want Ladybeard walking around in their games? :o:o
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't want randomly generated Sims walking around looking overly butch or feminine. Could be interesting though. Definitely some of the hairs could work for both genders without it seeming out of place. Not the pigtails though xD

There are men who wear pigtails in my neighbourhood. Some are First Nations, others are hipsters. (I live in Hipster Central. We are heavily bearded and man-bunned and all the things here.)

I've been dying for proper long men's hair since game launch. Last night I rebooted my Celebrity Sims save, but I'd gotten rid of my hair CC and poor Jared Leto looked soooooo sad. Plus I want to be able to make my own kid in the game, with all his long, curly, awesome hair. (Even he acknowledges it could use a trim. He might - might - even get it cut shoulder-length to start the spring off.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I would love it, but I am worried. Don't want to see all my males walking with pigtails. :D
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The best way would be to make some unisex features disabled for random, or maybe the whole thing. There are some really weird looking random sims as it is.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Personally I don't want this and I hope its an option to choose whether we have that in cas.

Agreed. And glad am not the only one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simming_in_silencesimming_in_silence Posts: 133 Member
    Honestly I'm glad because I can make transgendered sims which makes me happy
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yay! I'd love this in CAS.
    However I'm scared about the townies. I fear that the thread "Townie Fashion Police" will grow massively after this is patched in :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I would love this feature. I'm sure most items will be selected though.. I doubt we'll have lady beards ect. The pictures posted all look good.. but it will be a way to make men more feminine or women more masculine if the player chooses too also.
    egTcBMc.png