Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Couple keeps getting days off to settle in...

I have a Sim couple who got married at least 5 or more sim-weeks ago. They got the usual days off to get settled in. But then the next time I started up my game, they were given a few days off again? Shortly after that, they had some kids so I expected them to get more days off and they did. But now their kids are Child age, they are not having any more kids, and they still keep being given days off sometimes when I start up my game? I also moved my household to a new house like 3 times in the past several sim-weeks, so I assumed maybe they're given time off for moving house as well. But now there's no reason they should be getting time off. They've lived in this house for like two weeks or more, they aren't pregnant, they don't have any babies...so what gives? It's like literally as soon as my game finishes loading, the message pops up. And it's not every time, only sometimes. I'm really invested in one of their careers right now, so it's driving me crazy.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Me and my bae Michael. Drawn by Sonatines on the ourWorld game forums.
70e3abc2e7.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KaylaSimminKaylaSimmin Posts: 7 New Member
    I have been having the same exact problem! My sims got married a while ago and every time I log in, it gives me a couple more days off. It's driving me crazy because I can't progress my sims in their careers.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @KaylaSimmin
    I'm sure Bekah fixed it by now considering this is almost 3 yrs old, so I'll direct my response to you.
    Have you tried quitting the job and joining it gain?
  • Options
    @GraceyManor
    Haha sorry, it is a super old post but I couldn't find many people with similar problems. I haven't tried that yet and I'm not keen on it. The girl is level 8 in her career and the man is level 7 so I don't really want to climb again.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor I found somewhere online that with the NRAS Master Controller mod you can reduce time off work. I can try that, but I was just looking for ways outside of mods first.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @GraceyManor
    Haha sorry, it is a super old post but I couldn't find many people with similar problems. I haven't tried that yet and I'm not keen on it. The girl is level 8 in her career and the man is level 7 so I don't really want to climb again.

Did you try moving her out of her house and back in again?
    How about restoring a back up save? Always good idea to have extra saves and use "Save as"
    Do you have any mods installed?
  • Options
    I haven't tried moving them out yet. I do have backup saves, but they are fairly old now so I can't use them. I will start keeping more up to date backups from here on out. I have Nraas debug enabler, Nraas error trap, and Nraas traveler. I installed all of them a while back to fix a travel bug I had from University.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's a longshot in this case, but you might try retreating to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy their uninhabited lot down to the bin, bulldoze and replace the lot, then move everyone back in without having left the screen. Note though that any in progress promised wishes and opportunities will get lost in the shuffle, but not career progress. Be sure to do a Save (As) first in case this makes things worse somehow and you need to revert.

Yes, MC can remove unwanted days off with one command but if some strange force keeps re-granting them, it won't necessarily stop that. But MC could also be used to restore sims to their prior career level if that gets lost from forcing them out of their careers and then back into them again. (MC Cheats add-on module required for both of the above)

An MC Reset of the sims in question and/or the career lot might also help and be less intrusive.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor

I can definitely give the eviction in Edit Town a shot. Has that proven to be successful for bugs like this?

So MC and MC Cheats are both required to remove unwanted days off? I didn't know that.

Also I have never worked with MC before. Is resetting sims and lots invasive and cause problems/bugs or is it a pretty clean reset? (Akin to resetSim in the cheat box?)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The Edit Town eviction move back in kind of reset can fix many issues, I'm just not overly confident it will fix this one. But if you don't like the results, you can always revert to the save that you would have made beforehand with no harm done.

MC Cheats merely adds more commands to the base set that comes with MC. Both Job Levels and Days Off (enter a negative to remove current days off) require the add-on module.

An MC Reset of a sim rebuilds them from the ground up based on all of the data that the game has on hand for them. An MC Reset of a lot rebuilds the lot itself, the rabbithole if there is one and any objects on it, and any sims who happen to be on it (or live there if it's a residential lot). It should never do any harm but you might get odd results if the sim or lot in question was totally corrupt to begin with. We actually recommend an MC Reset Everything to be run from City Hall every few sim weeks or so, how often depends on the world really, to keep things running smoothly in longer running ongoing games. That one MC Resets all sims, lots, and objects in town; it is intrusive to gameplay so I usually try to wait until the middle of the sim night before running one, and can take more than a few minutes to run if the world is very large or has many objects and sims on it to reset.

The built-in ResetSim command doesn't really do very much. It extracts the sim from any currently being performed actions and sends them to safe spot on their home lot, but doesn't rebuild or repair anything else.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor

Okay. I guess it is worth a shot to try the edit town. Although, like you, I have more hope for MC helping out my problem.

So I think I will install the MC and add-on. Honestly my game could use a good reset. I have been playing it off and on for years and it is a multi-generation, multi-home family with a fair amount of cc and the three mods I mentioned before. They have had corrupt outfits, bugs with certain career paths, and the like. It'll be good to reset. So is it a good idea to make a backup before resetting?

Glad to know what ResetSim really does. It just comes in handy when I have a stuck sim every now and then.
  • Options
    It's always a good idea to save (as) before doing anything like a MC Reset even if we are reasonably confident that no harm will result from it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor

Thank you for your help! Installed MC and Cheats and fixed my problem :)
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I remember having a similar issue, slightly different: I had my sim Lacey quit her job to take care of her two kids, then planned to have her return to it when they became children. It wouldn't let her get the job. It'd say she had it, but she wouldn't go to work!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Considering you awesome folks managed to help get this sorted out, I'm going to go ahead and close this off as it's quite an old thread :smile: If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top