Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how many sims do you play?

I really want to know how many sims people play. I play between 4-8, one is too easy for me to handle so these days I mostly play around 7 sims at once. It's very fun ^-^ How many sims do you have in a household? Benefits? Disadvantages? My advantage is that you always have a sim to play if others are busy but disadvantage is bedroom space because you need a lot of rooms and/or beds.
To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My biggest household that I'm actively playing right now is 4, but I'm really only actively playing with one of those four. I pretty much let the others do their own thing. It helps that I've been playing with aging off - there's no aging-up deadline approaching that means some particular Sim has to get their career level up soon or anything like that. Last time I played with aging on, I had it on long and one of my households had five Sims. The long lifespan made that less stressful, but I hadn't yet got the hang of finding how much I had to do with the other Sims that I wasn't actively focusing on.

I did find that my two-Teen household got a bit dull during the week, with only their evenings to do things, so they were mostly cooking and doing homework and basic needs. So now I'm playing a different household during the week, one with an active career, and my two Teens on the weekend, when I can play their free time. I've got a few households with Sims with opposite work hours or an unemployed Sim that would be good for that too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    I play rotational so it varies a lot. but more than 5 I tend to find really tiresome. I don't have one single household with 8 sims... just too much for me :)
  • Options
    ijustlikesimsijustlikesims Posts: 83 Member
    I usually start off with two sims, make them have a family, then those children get married and have babies and I usually end up with 7 or 8.

An advantage to having that many sims is that you get to explore a lot of gameplay. I have only had S4 for about 10 days now and it's hard making one sim go through everything the game has to offer, so with multiple sims I can go across multiple avenues and see what all the game offers and get more things done. There is never a boring moment when you have a large household.

Ofcourse it takes a lot to keep their needs up and sometimes I just have to queue them to take care of themselves while pausing every 2 minutes. It's a lot to take care of but if you start with just a few and go at your own pace that will get you acclimated to taking care of that many sims anyone should be fine.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    8! all the sims displayed in my signature :) It gets kind of hectic trying manage so many but I really do enjoy the challenge and it keeps me on my toes :D

Uhh..for advantages I would say.. more entertainment and mood swings, whooo! :p
    I can't think of any disadvantages (space isn't a problem since they're all couples so I only need 4 different rooms heh)

btw that sim in your profile picture is BOOTIFUL! <3 I love her.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I usually like 2-4. Playing as one sim is boring, so if I do start with one I quickly get them a boy/girlfriend

Right now I'm doing a legacy so I had a full 8, but it was just a bit too tedious cause I'm addicted to micromanaging >_>
    The household is down to 6 now, which I still find comfortable to play with
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SlimerSlimer Posts: 116 Member
    I can't go over four without it becoming too difficult to manage them all
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @taigoesrawr thanks ^-^ and i love ur sims in the signature :o perfect <3
  • Options
    Aerowen9203Aerowen9203 Posts: 52 Member
    I usually play three sims in one household, but I also get bored easily and just make new families lol
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    I always start with only one sim and I am thinking, "this time, I only play this one until he dies". Then he meets a nice girl, gets married and I in the blink of an eye he has 4-5 kids and I'm managing 6-7 sims. It always happens!
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    @MissB i did that when starting a legacy family, not as many kids (twins) then they have kids then they do until my household is full..goes quick tho
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I usually have 6-8 Sims in house at all times. Any less than that feels boring to me.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    My legacy currently has 7, which wasn't intentional. Hello twins..twice. I'll probably have to move the eldest out once she reaches young adult, and maybe take the younger set with her to make room for my heir and their husband/children, which I haven't decided between my older set of twins yet. I don't mind the challenge of 7 of them, but I find I don't tend to leave my home lot often since someone always has something they need to do, so since we can't queue up a bunch of things and leave.. I tend to stay home. :(
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I play like the whole town. I like to rotate to avoid being bored of one household :)

MC Command Center really helps. Love going back to see how things have changed and who had a baby/married/ect.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I play with 3 maximum per household. Pretty much because im avoiding family play cause of the lack of toddlers. I do have a game with 26 sims i play with.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @YankeesForever i also have that modbut i dont need to play every househol to knowbecause i get notifications
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I rotate households. I have one household with 8, two with 1, and the others vary, the majority probably having about 4, but I probably have all numbers between 1 and 8. I have at least 25 households ( including Maxis ones ) maybe more. I play the active career 3 the most.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Depends on which version of Sims I am playing. In Sims 4 I prefer households of 3-8 Sims because any less is very boring to me. When I start legacies, playing only one Sim in the beginning can be quite dull but it's made more entertaining by everything being so rough in the beginning. In Sims 3 my households tend to be a little smaller, usually 2-5 Sims because the open world means there's usually a lot to do and a lot going on, too many Sims can get overwhelming. In Sims 2 I still preferred larger households, but the Sims in that game were not as good at tending to their needs on their own, so you have to be a lot more diligent to prevent tragedies. In any of the games, if I have to play a household with only one or two Sims in it they tend to spend a lot of time away from home, just to prevent things from being very tedious.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Misztwilight617Misztwilight617 Posts: 60 Member
    I play with at least 3 or 4 when starting a new game. playing 1 sims gets boring sometimes unless I'm doing a challenge. Which I rarely do.
    tumblr_mu9ep8aRmB1rn1oj5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    The majority of the time I'm playing with one female sim, with aging off always, and trying to get her through all the careers and aspirations. She has a daughter and granddaughter and I'll occasionally move them in with her to provide some variety and advance their stories and when it gets to be too much I'll move them out and just concentrate on her.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'm kind of an obsessive micro-manager and aspiration-achiever, so 3 is usually my maximum. I usually have a couple and their one child. Sounds boring, but I like intimate families with close relationships. I get so emotionally attached to my sims that I can't handle moving any of my sims' children out, so I just stick to one. I use normal lifespan, btw. I could probably handle a lot more if I played on long or with aging off. I should try it sometime. I'm going to try expanding my play-style by experimenting with challenges. :)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I rotate households but most have many sims in each one.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    The same 3 losers who are in the same household since the release of the game. I don't know how I'm still not sick of them yet. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I play in rotation over 33 households and they range from 1-8
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I play rotation, so everywhere from one to eight. In bigger households I spend a lot of time paused so I can go around and keep everybody on task, but lots of times I'm just focused on one or two Sims of that house at a particular time, and I let the other household members do what they want. TS4 Sims are pretty good at taking care of themselves as long as everybody's on the same lot.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm the same with the several rotational players here, households spanning from 1-8. Recently, several of my 8 person households have my elders dropping like flies, so the average of sims in my rotational houses are about 5-6.

I never really stay playing with only 1 sim. It gets too boring for me, especially if there aren't any children around. By minimum, I tend to feel more at ease with at least 3 sims in a house. I like 5 person households, too. Sometimes having too many gets overwhelming, which is when I usually rotate to my 1 sim houses. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top