Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how many sims do you play?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    1 or 2 is my norm. Usually start with one and play on slow and enjoy it. With 2 I can do the same thing.
    I play groups less often and usually end up playing in the same patterns. I have a main sim and the rest kind of do their thing with light steering now and then. The club system has opened that up for me a bit.. because I can keep them on a schedule if I want. It's fun for awhile.
    If I play 8 it's with a challenge, story or deviant play in mind. It's short lived usually.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I play in rotation as well. I'm playing 6 households and each house hold has 2-8 sims. All of the households are related in some way though, which makes it pretty fun.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I usually have three of four save games that I play in turn. One I play a single runaway teen, one has 8 sims and I'm on generation 8 as well, one save file has 2 YA and their first child and the last 'current' save file as a single YA but in this one I have aging off.
    I was playing another save file where I was playing rotationally but it just became too messy with all the game assigned 'lovers' so I've got that file saved on my desktop at the moment but in the rotations I had households ranging from a single sim through to 7 sims.

I really enjoy playing with larger households and even the households I start with just one sim always end up full!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I have several 8 sim households and the smallest household I have has two Sims. I also play rotationally, so it depends.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    I'm a bit of a micro manager, so I like to play one household only, usually consisting of 4-6 Sims. My typical household is 2 parents and their 2-4 children. I look after them all and ensure they achieve their aspirations as children, however I get a bit overwhelmed when they turn into teens and I generally pick just one of them at this stage to focus on and micro manage (generally the best looking one I won't lie). I will keep an eye on the others and give them a bit of direction (boy/girlfriend, part-time job, keeping up with schoolwork etc) but that would be mostly it.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I usually start with one female sim, with aging off. She usually gets married but doesn't have kids. I use the game to relieve stress, so the last thing I want is an unmanageable household. If I do let her have kids, aging will be on but I'll limit each generation to two kids maximum.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I play rotational, but I have had two households that held 6 (+3 unplayable ghosts) and 7 members at one point. Generally speaking, I find it's easier to play a large household if there are many children/teens in it, because you can always busy them with homework or play. The adults have aspirations and job goals to complete, which tend to need more detail management.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Right now my household is 5 sims, which I can handle, but there was a small period where I had 8 sims, and it was way too hard for me :joy:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    I have 1 main family I play, which started as a single sim who fell in love and got married etc and they have 6 children now. But then I have the families I make so my main family have friends.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    3 but the family is getting bigger as time goes on :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I play every size (1-8) of households in rotation :smiley: Single-sim households usually bore me, but I've got a few of them too. My favourite household size would likely be three sims, but I also enjoy playing bigger households. Five sims is nice for family play. I have a habit of trying to micro-manage them, but I enjoy the game so much more when I focus on one sim for one day and let the others do pretty much what they want.
  • Options
    ricachicaricachica Posts: 43 Member
    I usually enjoy playing smaller families, no more than 4 to be honest. I try not to micromanage...but that's not always so easy for a control freak like me. Specially when I'm doing legacies or challenges, it has to be purrfect xD
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Typically a new save always begins Legacy style for me with one sim and 0 simoleons. Fairly quickly though it escalates to 7-8 and never really lessens at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Altogether, I'm playing 110 active sims. These are in 36 different households. I rotate through all the households, plus I throw in "extra" plays when a sim is ready to give birth or if I have a wedding scheduled. My largest households have 7-8 sims, and the smallest have 2-3. I used to have several single-sim households, but since I want to keep my game limited to only 36 households, I'm not moving so many young adults out on their own. I'm also having a few young adult siblings room together.

In Sims 2, I played over 80 households, so my Sims 4 game is small in comparison.
  • Options
    OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I play 8-12 households with everything from 1 to 8 sims in each. Sometimes 7-8 can be a bit much, though, and I really enjoy just playing households with 1 or 2 sims.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    @YankeesForever i also have that modbut i dont need to play every househol to knowbecause i get notifications

I get notifications too, but I still like to play other households :)

• Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited February 2016
    probably around 45 to 50 :D 16-12 played households I'm surprise my game haven't been slow lol
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I mostly play with around 4 or 5. Parents, and usually 2 kids. When the kids grow up and move out I tend to give the parents one more kid.
  • Options
    kikimoonshinekikimoonshine Posts: 4 New Member
    For me, I just started Sims 4, and mine consist of 4 comparing on WHAT kind of family I use.

I have 4 for my Vampire Dragon Age AU which consist of: Sera being the oldest sister, Cole being the young brother, my Inquisitor Kiki being the mother, and Rhys [don't judge me] being the father. All of them are vampires, and basically they don't age [interesting play through story right there], now the tricky part about this, I do allow Rhys and Kiki to have a baby, but THANKFULLY they only had one baby, a little vampire girl/boy. But sometimes I don't even press "try for a baby" because uh, they got two immortal babies right there Sera, and Cole. It is sweet though that I allow Sera to have a sweetheart, but Cole. Er, he doesn't want anyone.

Fun right? Well either way, 4 is the biggest for me, and then, it becomes too much of a hastle.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Two. My main sim and his wife.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    For me, I just started Sims 4, and mine consist of 4 comparing on WHAT kind of family I use.

I have 4 for my Vampire Dragon Age AU which consist of: Sera being the oldest sister, Cole being the young brother, my Inquisitor Kiki being the mother, and Rhys [don't judge me] being the father. All of them are vampires, and basically they don't age [interesting play through story right there], now the tricky part about this, I do allow Rhys and Kiki to have a baby, but THANKFULLY they only had one baby, a little vampire girl/boy. But sometimes I don't even press "try for a baby" because uh, they got two immortal babies right there Sera, and Cole. It is sweet though that I allow Sera to have a sweetheart, but Cole. Er, he doesn't want anyone.

Fun right? Well either way, 4 is the biggest for me, and then, it becomes too much of a hastle.

Welcome to the forum and to The Sims! Awesome to see a new player and really interesting to see how you're doing in the game! Unfortunately considering this thread has been inactive for some time I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top