Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unofficial Survey Poll

Comments

• Options
    iJaiiJai Posts: 411 Member
    Most Appealing
    Generations
    Metropolis
    University

Least Appealing
    Power Up
    Get Real
    Get Famous
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    edited August 2015
    Top Three: 1Generations 2. University 3. Back to school
    least wanted 1. Power up 2. Get Real 3. Rebuild
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Most Appealing:

1- Generations with Toddlers
    2- University
    3- Metropolis or Rebuild - those 2 tie for me for third place.

Least appealing (Could care less)

1- Get Real
    2- Get Famous
    3- Find Love - waste of an ep if we have Generations, so no point.

Find Love focuses on romance,weddings and romantic get aways. If they combined it with Generations you'd lose a lot of that stuff but they could release Find Love as a Gamepack rather then an Expansion Pack.

They didn't say this was for a gp - just an ep - and getting love seems to fall very much under generations to me. Maybe not in all countries - but in my upbringing Love comes first so it would need to be a part of the Generations. This is no where saying there could not be a gp somewhere along the line - but I cannot see an entire ep appealling to a lot of players just on Finding love. Seems finding love would fall under a number of different things as well - like dating, even University, even under vacations and other travel type packs. But in my world in order for Generations to exist Sims need love first. I am not New Age enough to believe anything else - lol. I firmly believe there needs to be love before ones procreates (or adopts) with the love of their life. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DruekasterDruekaster Posts: 42 Member
    I really want generations.

I've also been hoping that we'd get a magic themed expansion, like they did with makin' magic in the sims 1. I loved that expansion so, so much, back in the day.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    I mostly want these:

Generations
    Metropolis
    Vacations

My least favorite:

Get Famous
    Rebuild
    Power up
    This is mostly mine except I loved the fame one. So I would swap Get Famous for Get Real. Really they should be in the same pack so I could ignore the get real stuff.

I steered clear of the Get famous and get real - for the fact that Get Real is Reality shows which I really hate - don't watch them - they are so staged and phony it is not even funny. Get Famous says get internet famous - so what we have an entire ep based off of someone singing into their computer? They are different ideas - but I am not fond of either. Sounds boring.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    meganelizabeth19meganelizabeth19 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2015
    Most Appealing
    1. Generations
    2. Generations
    3. Generations

Least Appealing
    1. Everything Else
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Most appealing:

Vacations
    Generations
    Metropolis

Least:

Get Real
    Find Love
    Power UP
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Vagenius wrote: »
    Most Appealing
    1.University
    2.Metropolis
    3.nothing you've listed I'd like Weather

Least Appealing
    All of the rest

Weather is listed under the vacations type theme - seeing the kind of map we have will not really allow weather over all the worlds so each vacation type hood would have separate weather. We can thank Maxis for picking the Sims 1 style map system to make the game on instead of Sims 2 (Sim City 4) or Sims 3 (Maya plug in World Builder 3.1 - CAW - map system) But each little "hood" area is a complete map surrounded by backdrops in reality and I believe each one can only have one type of weather - it cannot change because of all the backdrops which are pretty much like painted pictures all around the hood and not at all like the drawing of a real map we see when we enter the game before we pick where we are going. Technically if you could look at all the whole map there would be each little hood floating around as a single unit not even connected to any other - sort of like looking at the movie Avatar and seeing all the floating mountains - so seeing how it is you can see how they could not have weather across the land, never mind have seasons. In Sims 1 if we wanted winter we had to take a Winter LOdge vacation. If we wanted summer we took a summer beach vacation, and if we wanted fall we took a fall family camping vacation.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ErikTErikT Posts: 59 Member
    Most
    Vacation
    Metropolis
    University

Least
    On the Road
    Get Famous
    Rebuild
  • Options
    ladyfireheartladyfireheart Posts: 52 Member
    Great idea. Hope the gurus see this!

Most appealing:
    • University
    • Generations
    • Vacation

Honorable mentions:
    • Find Love
    • Back To School

Least appealing:
    • Power Up
    • Get Real
    • On The Road
    Origin ID: GeekGoddessYT

If you're unhappy with the direction Sims is going in, sign this petition!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Most appealing:

Vacation
    Metropolis
    University/Back to School

Least appealing:

Rebuild
    Power Up
    Find Love
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Most Appealing:

2- University

1- Get Real
    2- Get Famous

Find Love focuses on romance,weddings and romantic get aways. If they combined it with Generations you'd lose a lot of that stuff but they could release Find Love as a Gamepack rather then an Expansion Pack.

They didn't say this was for a gp - just an ep - and getting love seems to fall very much under generations to me. Maybe not in all countries - but in my upbringing Love comes first so it would need to be a part of the Generations. This is no where saying there could not be a gp somewhere along the line - but I cannot see an entire ep appealling to a lot of players just on Finding love. Seems finding love would fall under a number of different things as well - like dating, even University, even under vacations and other travel type packs. But in my world in order for Generations to exist Sims need love first. I am not New Age enough to believe anything else - lol. I firmly believe there needs to be love before ones procreates (or adopts) with the love of their life. LOL.

This is how I play my game as well, but mainly starting at second generation. My favourite sims start dating and there may be a little drama between as they figure out which other sims they are best suited for, by the time that they hit uni--half of them have met their mates, at least one of them has committed to his or her childhood sweetheart, and the others have to wait until graduation. But the romance is very very very high in my game. After graduation, they all start to settle down and those who haven't met their mates start to mingle with the adult townies (I may or may not create some new townies, graduate custom dormies, or move a new stranger to town), but having different ways to date and explore the facets of love--especially grand weddings is always nice.

The reason why I chose this as one of my least favourite games (considering how important it has always been to me) is because I foresee more date goals... I'm just not interested in completing a checklist for every sim I want to fall in love :confounded:
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member
    Generations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Back To School/Uni as 1 EP
    On The Road/Vacation as 1 EP
    Find Love/Metropolis as 1 EP
    Ultimate Wedding ( But as a GamePack. I want real weddings - bridesmaids/groomsmen etc.)

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi everyone!

I unoffically tallied together the results of this and SimsVIP's poll, along with what general public wanted on social media, and we are having a discussion about it. You can check it all out here.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    Most Appealing
    1.University
    2.Metropolis

Least Appealing
    All of the rest

Weather comes with vacations.
  • Options
    LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member
    Most Appealing:

Metropolis
    Vacation
    Generations and Back to School

Least Appealing:

Get Real
    Find Love( will be good at a gamepack!)
    Power Up
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Most Appealing:
    Generations
    Back to School
    Find Love (As others have said, I'm hoping this is a GP)

Least Appealing:
    Get Real
    Rebuild
    Get Famous
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited August 2015
    Most Appealing:
    • Generations
    • Metropolis
    • Find love

Least Appealing:
    • Back to School
    • University
    • Rebuild
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    There was another thread like this that got moved to the Ideas corner or something but I'll answer again.

Most Appealing:
    • Generations
    • Metropolis
    • Find love

Least Appealing:
    • Back to School
    • University
    • Get Famous/Get Real / Rebuild

I was worried the mods might do that if people started whinging about the options or coming up with their own EP ideas, so that is why I've asked everyone to stick to the original survey format when replying to this post, and for the most part everyone has been pretty cool with doing that.

These aren't new ideas or fan suggestions--this is a general discussion about the survey EA itself released. :relaxed:
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    There was another thread like this that got moved to the Ideas corner or something but I'll answer again.

Most Appealing:
    • Generations
    • Metropolis
    • Find love

Least Appealing:
    • Back to School
    • University
    • Get Famous/Get Real / Rebuild

I was worried the mods might do that if people started whinging about the options or coming up with their own EP ideas, so that is why I've asked everyone to stick to the original survey format when replying to this post, and for the most part everyone has been pretty cool with doing that.

These aren't new ideas or fan suggestions--this is a general discussion about the survey EA itself released. :relaxed:

Ah okay. I reread the OP, so I'll edit my number 3 for least since it's to be treated as if I'm taking the actual survey. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2015
    Most appealing:
    Generations
    Find Love
    University

Least appealing:
    On the Road
    Power Up
    Vacation (just 2 seasons won't do! If there are 4 seasons, this EP will quickly move up to be very appealing to me and probably many others).
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Most Appealing:

2- University

1- Get Real
    2- Get Famous

This is how I play my game as well, but mainly starting at second generation. My favourite sims start dating and there may be a little drama between as they figure out which other sims they are best suited for, by the time that they hit uni--half of them have met their mates, at least one of them has committed to his or her childhood sweetheart, and the others have to wait until graduation. But the romance is very very very high in my game. After graduation, they all start to settle down and those who haven't met their mates start to mingle with the adult townies (I may or may not create some new townies, graduate custom dormies, or move a new stranger to town), but having different ways to date and explore the facets of love--especially grand weddings is always nice.

The reason why I chose this as one of my least favourite games (considering how important it has always been to me) is because I foresee more date goals... I'm just not interested in completing a checklist for every sim I want to fall in love :confounded:

Totally agree.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited August 2015
    Most Appealing
    1.University
    2.Metropolis

Least Appealing
    All of the rest

Weather is listed under the vacations type theme - seeing the kind of map we have will not really allow weather over all the worlds so each vacation type hood would have separate weather. We can thank Maxis for picking the Sims 1 style map system to make the game on instead of Sims 2 (Sim City 4) or Sims 3 (Maya plug in World Builder 3.1 - CAW - map system) But each little "hood" area is a complete map surrounded by backdrops in reality and I believe each one can only have one type of weather - it cannot change because of all the backdrops which are pretty much like painted pictures all around the hood and not at all like the drawing of a real map we see when we enter the game before we pick where we are going. Technically if you could look at all the whole map there would be each little hood floating around as a single unit not even connected to any other - sort of like looking at the movie Avatar and seeing all the floating mountains - so seeing how it is you can see how they could not have weather across the land, never mind have seasons. In Sims 1 if we wanted winter we had to take a Winter LOdge vacation. If we wanted summer we took a summer beach vacation, and if we wanted fall we took a fall family camping vacation.

Since I started at the beginning of S3, I did not realize that weather would be done that way in S4. So disappointed. So if we live in one map we will never have the seasons. I have really tried to like S4 and did for the most part, but all these changes from S3 are such a huge leap back. I love CAS and Build/Buy to pieces and if they had added them to some variation of S3 then that would've been cool. This really puts a damper on my wanting Season, which was one of my top favs. in S3 and the way they have chosen to do the map really sucks if nothing else then for the way it will effect seasons.

Not sure everyone is noticing, but Eps don't contain as much either. We had all the regular stuff in EPs for S3 including a huge world, patterns to use on clothes/items/walls ect., recipes, harvestables. It just seems that they have kept the prices the same, but scaled back on content to some degree. That is why I don't understand people trying to combine 2 EPs/games in their wish lists/requests since we will be lucky to get one theme that is well rounded in each one. I've always been up on everything, but after seeing the party pack EP and know that is the last EP for the year, I'm just disappointed. I thought surely with all the fussing that it would be huge. Now to find out Seasons might as well be a bust for S4 really dampens my enthusiasm for S4. :)

Already listed mine before on p5, I think:
    Generations
    Metropolis
    Vacations
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,531 Member
    Most Appealing

1. Generations
    2. University
    3.Back to School

Least Appealing

1. Power Up
    2.Rebuild
    3.On the Road
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Most Appealing
    1.University
    2.Metropolis

Least Appealing
    All of the rest

Since I started at the beginning of S3, I did not realize that weather would be done that way in S4. So disappointed. So if we live in one map we will never have the seasons. I have really tried to like S4 and did for the most part, but all these changes from S3 are such a huge leap back. I love CAS and Build/Buy to pieces and if they had added them to some variation of S3 then that would've been cool. This really puts a damper on my wanting Season, which was one of my top favs. in S3 and the way they have chosen to do the map really sucks if nothing else then for the way it will effect seasons.

Not sure everyone is noticing, but Eps don't contain as much either. We had all the regular stuff in EPs for S3 including a huge world, patterns to use on clothes/items/walls ect., recipes, harvestables. It just seems that they have kept the prices the same, but scaled back on content to some degree. That is why I don't understand people trying to combine 2 EPs/games in their wish lists/requests since we will be lucky to get one theme that is well rounded in each one. I've always been up on everything, but after seeing the party pack EP and know that is the last EP for the year, I'm just disappointed. I thought surely with all the fussing that it would be huge. Now to find out Seasons might as well be a bust for S4 really dampens my enthusiasm for S4. :)

Already listed mine before on p5, I think:
    Generations
    Metropolis
    Vacations

Well that is the way the Sims 4 map looks. So I cannot see any other way they can do it seeing they surround each little hood with backdrops. They are all totally separate from each other in the game files - unlike in Sims 2 or Sims 3 that were both one big map for each world. I said the minute the game came out and I saw it used Sims 1 style maps that there was going to be this kind of issue in Sims 4. Of course back in the recesses of my head I kept thinking - no way, they will come up with something after the debacles since the launch of the game they would not even try something like that - seeing I know Seasons are as popular as toddlers - maybe even more so - but then I read the descriptions of the Vacations of Having a Winter Lodge or Summer beach and it might have as well been Sims 1 they were talking about. I was truly hoping I was wrong about this one - as you are not the only one who will be unhappy about that I am sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!