Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite?

Career? I've noticed that in EVERY family I play I always have a painter, weather I start the game out with one or one of the children grows up to become one it's the one career I've played both branches too. Yet I've never played to much of the other careers so I'm wondering, whats the one career you play the most? I can't be alone in this am I?
I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!

Comments

• Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    Oooh... that's difficult... Chef and Secret Agent get their fair usage in most of my legacy families.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    Oooh... that's difficult... Chef and Secret Agent get their fair usage in most of my legacy families.

Lol I've only played the chef career long enough to get that fridge since food never spoils in it I believe and then I had her quit lol I've never tried the secret agent one though.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Tech Guru

I'm so freaking sick of it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 Lol i think I read either here on the forums on on Carl sims 4 guide that tech guru was one of the highest paying career in sims 4. Why are you sick of it?
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I kinda start out loving all the careers ... but then it gets all 'same old same old' having to do the chores they set out for you if you want your sim to climb that ladder.

I get bored with TS4 very easily ... something that never happened with TS3 ... but im perservering cos I do like TS4

• Options
    @simmese I'm sorry your getting bored so quick. I had the problem recently and took a break from playing any version of sims and then finally one day my current storyline for my current family came into my head and it was a complete change to my normal play style and I'm actually having fun.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    The doctor career.
  • Options
    BoobyBear7588BoobyBear7588 Posts: 13 New Member
    I love the culinary careers. I have a sim in every family who eats everything and gets monstrously huge only to work it off. I am also a big fan of the day off get together where they grill and swim and dance before the new week arrives and it is back to the grind.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I enjoyed the astronaut career the most (out of the ones you can't follow them).
  • Options
    I love the culinary careers. I have a sim in every family who eats everything and gets monstrously huge only to work it off. I am also a big fan of the day off get together where they grill and swim and dance before the new week arrives and it is back to the grind.

It seems a lot of people like the culinary career. I just don't like how many days off they get in that particular career and there constantly cooking. Feels like cooking is all the end up spending their days doing and then I end up with a lot of wasted food in my sims fridges.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Doctor, culinary, and entertrainer careers.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Science, astronaut, painter.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    @colton147147 Entertainer, now that's a career I've thought about trying but I can't decide which branch is best to do more musician or comedian. Which one do you enjoy more?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Musician.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    Tech Guru is the career I usually have my sims get a job in. A few days ago was the first time I had ever had a Sim go into the Entertainer career though.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    Culinary. In each version I've always started with the culinary career. Probably because I love cooking and baking in real life. Watching Food Network as I type. :) In Sims 2 I have so many custom foods. My favorites are Xnem's edible pies.
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Unemployed. My Sims tend to support themselves with Painting. It's a good way to get three aspirations really fast. (Painter, Wealthy, Mansion Baron).
  • Options
    versacceversacce Posts: 25 New Member
    I love the new interactive careers from Get to Work, but I'd probably have to say detective career since I love mystery xD
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Right now the science career. I have not tried the detective career even though i loved it and ghost hunter in sims3.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Unemployed. My Sims tend to support themselves with Painting. It's a good way to get three aspirations really fast. (Painter, Wealthy, Mansion Baron).

But if you do the painter career at the same time, you get perks that allow you to make paintings of higher quality for more money. :)
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Culinary and Painter primarily but I usually have my male Sims take a job involving the logic skill so there's a few options there.
  • Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    My favorite career is Detective from the expansion. It is so much fun when you turn on Film Noire music in the background while solving crime and handing down cold hard justice!
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2015
    Painter, probably. I love the paintings my Sims create and I usually hang many of them on the walls of their houses. I also like the Doctor career and the Culinary one, but I don't invest in them quite often.
  • Options
    Its interesting to me that out of all the careers the only ones not really played as much are
    1. Business
    1. Writer (This one I thought would be played more)
    1. Athletic
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Painter, writer and astronaut.
    I used to make a lot of mixologists and chefs but haven't made any lately.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.