Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

4Sims4 Builder's Contest Results ***All About YOU!***

pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
4sims4%20small.jpg

I’m so excited to announce the winner of the Perfect Party Palace! Before I do, I want to say that everyone (and I’m not just saying this) did an outstanding job. I’m blown away by the talent here and for this new contest, we had lots of competition! It was hard and the difference between second and third was one point! I will be using ALL of these builds in my sims’ worlds. I’m grateful I have all of these fun places that are not only fun for adults and teens but also fun for kids!!!

Now to the results.

These are in order of submission and the winners will be announced at the end of the post.

The Party Hat by @GuruFanNo1

Pammiechick’s notes: I loved the creative aspect of this build! And it is so kid friendly, too. My sims’ kids had fun here and everything was well done! There wasn’t a kitchen here as I’d hoped so a cake with candles can be made (I specifically wanted a party place where a kid could transition to teen). I especially thought the exterior design well done—very inviting! I also liked the creative aspect of a party hat! Awesome!

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Very nice basement game room
Good use of color
Nice landscaping
Nice play room/space for "toddlers"/small kids

Critique
Suggesting:
Using more space of the lot for the build
Adding a lounge with music instruments 4 live performances
Adding a stereo to the dance floor section
Adding more lighting 4 the night view to attract visitors
Adding a kitchen/dining area

Rocketland by @Mommataurus2

Pammiechick’s notes: Adored the outside and thought it was very creative and original! Unfortunately, when my sims invited people to a party there, everyone was confused as to how to enter. I would click on something underground and they wouldn’t go. There’s a cool maze and I tried several times to get them to go through it, but they wouldn’t. So, I demolished some of the maze and they went on their way. And I must say, they all had a great time underground. LOVED the decorations with the enlarged trophies and dolls. It was a welcoming place for both kids and teens. I was very pleased with the design—just wish it had been more playable.

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Attractive and inviting build
Liking the fact that the whole venue is underground beneath all the rockets
Lovely cup cake/pizza corner
Nice use of enlarged Buddy, Yuki and other dolls for decoration
Big screen TV nice touch
Outside areas nicely planned and decorated

Critique
Suggesting:
Brief said 30x20 lot - lot used 30x40
Adding more lighting for night view
Adding roof tiling and trimming to all the roofs
Adding a computer for gaming

Smuggler’s Cove by @lisa17ann

Pammiechick’s notes: Loved the theme and thought it was PERFECT for both kids and teens. Every element was well thought out from the pools in the front with the enlarged pirate’s ship to the skeletons inside. And all the gaming options for teens once they went below. But unfortunately, there was no oven for baking a cake! A kid couldn’t age up at this venue! I was sad because I didn’t want this to deduct from your score. I would suggest putting in a stove and re-uploading it in the gallery.

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Clever use of skeletons through out,on the walls and the "rum" drums. Fits the theme-build very well
The basement party area and performance stage is lovely and the tikibar looks great there
Attention to detail very nice, especially all the little rolled up treasure maps
Picknick area is so lovely and liking the entrance to the basement, being separate from the castle

Critique
Suggesting:
A creative build like this should have lots of lights making it pop at night
Adding a piano to the entertainment/live show area
Adding little more play/party stuff for smaller kids

Opulencer by @Nhicks

Pammiechick’s notes: What a gorgeous build! It is a great place for any upscale party. I also thought the checkered game room was a fun place as well and YAY! You included a kitchen for the kids aging up. All the items to hold a party were here and the inside was very swanky. I did feel like there could have been more things for little kids to do—specifically for them. I did think teens would love it, though! And it will be an awesome place for anyone who wants to download a party place into their world!

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Exterior design is simply gorgeous and well thought out
The night view is subtle but spectacular at the same time
Attention to detail like flooring and placing of objects spot on
DJ box clever and lovely touch

Critique
Suggesting:
Using/placing a fridge/Chillbox that sims can use on the venue and not the one with chemicals and lab content (for this challenge)
Adding more for the smaller kids 2 do for this specific challenge
Adding paint to hidden walls not used in the build

The Fun Dome by @Emma-LeeXOXO

Pammiechick’s notes: I loved the colors of this build! Especially the fountains in the front and the pretty, glowing cubes. My kids had fun as soon as they entered, and I appreciated all the items you included for both kids and teens. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a kitchen area to bake a cake so my sim child could age up. And you did not use the basement feature that we asked for. I wanted specifically to use this since it’s a slightly new feature to Sims 4. But as far as a fun place to be, I think you did a great job!

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Gorgeous night view and very inviting
Liking the deck over the pool with tikibar
Nice use of color and balloons
Nice modern structure
Cool gaming area

Critique
Suggesting:
Adding a basement as it was part of the brief
Adding more objects and furnishings 2 the empty
Adding little more landscaping

Under the Sea by @leelujack

Pammiechick’s notes: Wow. That’s all I can say. The use of all the underwater items amazes! I love how the rooms shimmer with the water all around and the sunken ship was brilliant! I’m soooo impressed by the sunken floor with the huge map and I felt like I was in a sunken ship!!! I liked the use of levels here and how the kitchen was like something out of a Navy ship. A chef could definitely bake a cake here! My only caveat is there were not as many items for the little kids to play with except for on the top floor. When testing, the children actually pooled onto the dance floor, but it was fun watching the little kids dance! You blew me away with this! Great job!!!

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

This was a fun lot to test play
Interior theme of the sea is spot on, loving the pictures and objects (ship, Hopper doll etc) behind glass windows
The sea theme was carried throughout the build and well represented
Creative and thinking out the box
Live show area is divine

Critique
Suggesting:
Adding lots of colored lighting to the build so that it pops out at night, especially when placing enlarged objects like the boat at the back
Adding more 2 do for the smaller kids
Adding more furnishings to open corners and spaces

The X Factor by @Issabella14

Pammiechick’s notes: I love this build! And the idea of it being an X like an X-wing fighter was brilliant! I loved the way your photo looked of the front, but when I downloaded it, some of the mannequins did not come through and they did not look like they were walking up the sides. I tried to achieve this effect on my own, but I failed. I was sad because I thought this was a great idea! Outside, my kids had an awesome time—I think more so than any other build. There was a lot to do for them all throughout! But there was not a kitchen! Ack! So they couldn’t age up. Still...I really enjoyed my time in this party place. Great job.

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Detail to interior is amazing
DJ box so creative and the extra touch with the dance poles had me giggling. Loved that
Liking the space theme and the sims ("mannequins") marching up to the spaceship hoovering in the air
Use of color and the fencing inside is lovely
Great kids area
Music lounge (performance area) and the bar is beautiful

Critique
Suggesting:
Adding a door the bathroom in the lounge area which is in plain sight of the diners listening to the band playing
Adding more lights, especially color which would make the build pop out at night

8-bit by @Jafhsdf

Pammiechick’s notes: How did you know my favorite game in the world is PacMan? I absolutely loved your theme and felt like I was in a wonderland playing in it!! The Tetris bar AMAZED me!!! And the mushroom! I swooned! I also felt like you did a great job using ALL the levels! WONDERFUL! But there wasn’t a stove to make a cake and there should have been a little more for kids-only playtime. No matter what, you did a great job! I loved it!

Zita’s feedback:

Positives

Divine view at night - very inviting and attractive
Tetris bar is gorgeous beyond words
Skills with decoration using lights is spot on. Very creative and loving the Pac-man
Use of color is very clever and well executed

Critique
Suggesting:
Adding objects or furnishings to the empty spaces, big walls and rooms (cubes)
Adding a little more landscaping
Adding more for smaller kids 2 do

Now to the awards....

Third place....

The X Factor by @Issabella14

Second place...

Smuggler’s Cove by @lisa17ann

And the winner is...

Under the Sea by @leelujack

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!

I will contact the winner with the siggie in a few days. The new contest will be up sometime today so watch for it!
iTvMKZ8.jpg
Post edited by pammiechick on

Comments

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hoot hoot hooray!! Congrats firstly to all the entries and then also to the winners (@lisa17ann, @issabella14 and @leelujack). These build were all amazing and it was great play testing them and the judging was really very close, 4 me every single entry was a winner in it's own special way, but like in every competition there can only be one winner. Congrats @leeulujack on your winning build!<3

Your build has already been posted on Maxis tab by @Pammiechich for a fav. recommendation and as promised I am featuring your build on my personal thread as the winner as I will do with every winning build from here on-wards! <3
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thank you @pammiechick, @zita1966z and @rosemow. Thank you for the great reviews to both our judges. Congratulations to @leelujack for first place and @lisa17ann for 2nd place. Very well deserved for both of you. <3:)
  • Options
    @Issabella14 It was strange how the MOO worked. The Yoda mannequin didn't even come through. But that was a minor deduction for me...the rest of the place was truly incredible! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    And I want to give a huge shout out of thanks to my judging partner @Zita1966z ! Her building expertise is very helpful and needed for this contest and I appreciate how she's gone above and beyond with helping me!!! Can't say enough awesome things about her!!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    And I want to give a huge shout out of thanks to my judging partner @Zita1966z ! Her building expertise is very helpful and needed for this contest and I appreciate how she's gone above and beyond with helping me!!! Can't say enough awesome things about her!!!! <3

Thank you @pammiechick for the kind words. Looking forward to the next adventure <3
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited June 2015
    Congrats @leelujack and also to @Issabella14 So well deserved!! =) I totally never thought kids could have a birthday party at smugglers cove! That's a great idea!!! *smacks my forehead* And, I agree that I need to use more lights and only don't because I'm lazy lol. My bad! Thank you a @rosemow and @Issabella14 for the congrats =)

I'd Like to thank you both for the wonderful feedback and this awesome challenge I had a blast coming up with the idea =)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @Issabella14 It was strange how the MOO worked. The Yoda mannequin didn't even come through. But that was a minor deduction for me...the rest of the place was truly incredible! :)

Thanks @pammiechick for the encouragement and reassurance, I use alot of MOO elevations and I have never experienced this. It could be a gitch of some sort, but I am not sure. :)
  • Options

I totally agree with you, you and @zita1966z are two of the most nicest people I have met on this forum. :)
  • Options
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    Congrats @leelujack and also to @Issabella14 So well deserved!! =) I totally never thought kids could have a birthday party at smugglers cove! That's a great idea!!! *smacks my forehead* And, I agree that I need to use more lights and only don't because I'm lazy lol. My bad! Thank you a @rosemow and @Issabella14 for the congrats =)

I'd Like to thank you both for the wonderful feedback and this awesome challenge I had a blast coming up with the idea =)

Thank you @lisa17ann, I really loved your Smuggler's Cove, it was so original <3:)
  • Options
    leelujackleelujack Posts: 384 Member
    Wow im blown away!! This was a fantastic challenge :) congrats to @Issabella14 and @lisa17ann!! Everyone did a fantastic job on their entries and im so happy to have been part of it :) Thank-you @pammiechick for your feedback and lovely recommendation <3 Thank-you @Zita1966z for your feedback and giving me the nudge i needed to enter <3 your shout out for me is great thank-you so very much <3
    4s4partypalacewin.jpg

My Gallery Link

._.·´)¯)£è룵(¯(`·._.

• Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Congratulations @leelujack, @lisa17ann and @Issabella14 !!!! You all had wonderful builds :) Congrats to all the entrants too!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    @Nhicks, thank you, I love Opulencer, a very grand build indeed. <3:)
  • Options

I totally agree with you, you and @zita1966z are two of the most nicest people I have met on this forum. :)

Aww...thanks! I think the building community rocks! Love being here!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    @leelujack CONGRATS!!!

@pammiechick @zita1966z Thank you for your feedback! I had fun with this! I'm awful at starters so I might have to pass on the next one lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To be fair it must be hard to judge because the sims community has the most imaginative and talented people around! :)

Oh and thank you @leelujack and @Nhicks :)

• Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Congrats to the winners! :smiley:
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    To be fair it must be hard to judge because the sims community has the most imaginative and talented people around! :)

I thought it would be a walk in the park @lisa17ann but it was one of the hardest thing I ever did. Seriously, I had to go back 2 the builds a second time. lol
  • Options
    Zita1966z wrote: »

I thought it would be a walk in the park @lisa17ann but it was one of the hardest thing I ever did. Seriously, I had to go back 2 the builds a second time. lol

Me, too! Played them when they came in and when I judged to make sure! (Must admit to having a blast in ALL of the entries! Never seen so many sims come to a venue before! You all did so awesome!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    Thank you for your feedback judges and THANK YOU for downloading the builds when judging. I'm totally motivated to do the next one and also the Under Renovation one. O this is so exciting and it does improve our skills. Love you guys :)
  • Options
    Well at @pammiechick and @Zita1966z I'm quite pleased with your judging :D ok maybe I'm slightly biased? :)

• Options
    Well at @pammiechick and @Zita1966z I'm quite pleased with your judging :D ok maybe I'm slightly biased? :)

LOL! Thanks... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    4sims4%20small.jpg

There were 31 entries! Wow! I never thought this contest could be so popular—that said, this means there will be more places. I wish I could give everyone an award because ALL of you did phenomenally! Since there were so many, I had to post the comments in two posts, so keep scrolling to see yours and results.

We were really looking for that very creative starter that would fit just right for an interesting sim—playability is key here—not in the way the house looks so much but how much fun someone might have playing it with that particular sim. I want you all to understand where we’re coming from on this contest because it’s different than most contests in that way. Every contest will be like that, so you need to get your creative thinking caps on—try not to be so perfect in the build – be even more creative in the theme. If that makes sense….many of you nailed it, but there were so many great ones that you didn’t get a mention. Keep trying. You WILL succeed in this! There’s TONS of talent here!

Storage Unit by @pronterus
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Wow. This one really hit high marks with me. The storage unit aspect is really flawless as far as trying to hide someone and I loved how you used the basement feature. At first I didn’t know there was a bathroom until I went downstairs. The stolen jewels added just the right touch. I loved the abandoned truck and boxes and weeds with barbed wire—plus you used the free painting landscaping tool in a very creative way with the ditches the tires make. Great job! A criminal could definitely set up shop here for many a dastardly deed. I felt your sim could have looked the part a bit better, but I guess that hides his identity well, too.

Zita’s comments: Loved the mooing of the items on the create in the storage unit. Big surprise to find a basement beneath. Perfect hideaway for a criminal sim and well planned and executed.

Stage Left by @mommataurus
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I love all the cool entertainment features you placed on this starter. From the red carpet rope to the sparkling outdoor tables, this sings ENTERTAINMENT! All throughout are wonderful touches, using the luxury pack. I do wish there had been room for a true living room since there’s no couch—just a computer. Also, the landscaping is a bit lackluster—no doubt overcompensating for the beautiful touches inside. The roofing needed to go all the way over the walls, but I liked how the overhang mimicked a stage. One playability problem was there was no dresser because my sim needed a wardrobe change!!! ;-) Great build, though. Very impressive.

Zita’s comments: Great drama around this build.The sim will have a blast performing for friends and fans from the balcony Cohesive interior that blends in well with the exterior

Beach Bum Bungalow by @mommataurus
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really like this two story bungalow. It has every amenity a writer could want down to the nice office upstairs with pleasant expansive windows. The decoration was apt for a beach house and my sims had fun with the outdoor bar and fire. Your backstory was great and I felt your starter perfect for him. Somehow the upstairs wood floor didn’t get put down all the way, though and I thought you could have used the free paint landscaping tool a bit more, but over all I was really impressed. Great job!

Zita’s comments: Very appealing once in game play. Super appropriate for a beach bum, artist or even writer. The "cactus cantina sign" is a lovely touch to the beachy feel of lot. Interior and exterior reminded of a bungalow along any coast. Very creative build

The Artist by @kamb1403

Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really love how you incorporated many rooms into a small space. She has everything she needs to live comfortably and I like her use of color as an artist should! My favorite is her bedroom and the bathroom! I also like the way you used the landscaping paint tool to make the outside a little more interesting as it sets off her easel! I wish you would have used a bit more money to vamp up the space with either lighting or paintings or both. There was about $4000 left in the bank and while this is nice to have, it’s best to use as much money as possible to go over the top with the challenge. ;) I also would have liked to see your sim a bit more artistic in her style. Her everyday style was artistic, but the rest left me flat. But overall, I liked what you did and felt this would be a welcome starter for any artist!

Zita’s comments: I liked the blue door u used, It already told me a creative person could be living here. The angled walls of the front entrance area and the different color's of the exterior gives a nice feature to the home. The colorful furnishings suits an artist home well and confirmed that this is indeed an artistic person living here Good job. I liked your house

Art Contempo by @xovalee
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: The exterior to your build looks great! Very contemporary and that goes along with the contemporary furniture and your theme! But if your artist is contemporary, I didn’t get that feel from her artwork or her decorating. I felt she could have been more creative here or more modern in her design which I think you were going for. I also couldn’t understand why she had a cowplant in the backyard or why the rustic touches with the fire which doesn’t go along with modern. Maybe she’s eclectic, but if she is, that should have been reflected in her dress and décor. Bottom line, though, is your exterior building skills are great and anyone would love to own this contemporary starter!

Zita’s comments: Great use of the sim painted pop art painting in the living room. The easel on the balcony is nice and the sim will enjoy painting from there.The exterior fits the career label and adding the palm trees was a clever touch

Starving Artist by @gmcrozier
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I love your building skills. The open concept is a great way to conserve $ and it adds to the contemporary feel of this artist. The use of a sculpture to welcome guests into Lawrence’s humble abode was genius as was the soothing use of color. All amenities were accounted for and I have no doubt Lawrence will be able to up his artistic skills in this home. I would have liked a little more creativity with the bathroom as it was too bland for this artist and the back porch left me cold, but everything else was spot on. Great job!

Zita’s comments: Big fan for realistic looking houses and this one fits the glove perfectly. Using the debug item "brick a sculpture" gave the impression of an artist living here. Beautifully construction house in and outside.

Scientific Starter by @kamb1403

Pammiechick’s thoughts: I love the exterior design to this starter! Anyone would love to live here. My favorite was how you set apart the kitchen and living area! I wish she would have had enough in her budget for a tv, but she did have a place to fine tune her scientific skills, so that made up for it. I would have liked the whole home to feel more like a scientist lived there. The living area was great, but after that, it felt more homey. It was very tasteful though and I liked the way you landscaped the lot! Nice!

Zita’s comments: The lab equipment inside is very suitable for the scientist career and it is lovely how you arranged the rooms Loved the black and red carpeting in the livingroom adding to the science feel of the home. Your home exterior was well constucted.

Artsy Craftsy by @GuruFanNo1

Pammiechick’s thoughts: Wow. This knocked it out of the park for me. The color choices, the sim, and the outdoor areas were breathtaking. Plus she even had a POOL! Your use of a window as a beam was very artistic, too, and I loved how you used your space well. All of it blew me away except for the playability.  I was sad to say I couldn’t use your dresser because the mirror that was inside it, although cool looking made it impossible for her to change clothes. I want to see your sims whole wardrobe, so I couldn’t. That said, this is a wonderful starter for an artist and your artist looked the part. AWESOME JOB!

Zita’s comments: Your interior and exterior screamed artist and the coloring of the walls was good choices for this specific build Nice use of the mixed bright colors inside and the pool was a nice luxury addition.

Artist’s Lighthouse by @Talea12345
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I adored this lighthouse. How creative to make a starter have three floors!! And I could really feel the personality of the sim who lived there. He’s a bit sloppy, definitely a guy who wants to explore his creativity! I would have liked for him to either have a stereo, tv, or computer for his fun meter. I loved his look—perfect for what you were trying to do and I appreciated him leaving one of his art pieces on the easel amongst the flowers. What really amazed for the interior was that wall art with the trees. Nice touch!

Zita’s comments: Creating the lighthouse shows your creative mind at work and I liked that. The moo and use of the "light" on top of the lighthouse was a very clever touch. I had 2 look twice to figure it out from your picture. Once in game play I could see the lamp used. Good thinking there.

Sportsmen Starter by @Lisa17Ann
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Goodness! What an awesome home! I mean, everything is here right down to the beautiful pool on the front porch! We have no doubt who this home is for! And the interiors were amazing. I love the black and white color palette with the touches of red. Very masculine and it went well with the athletic posters throughout. Your exterior skills are very well done and I loved the landscaping! What killed me was he actually had a huge tv! Wonderful!

Zita’s comments: Like your building style and this is such pretty starter in and out. You kept well to the brief and once inside anyone would know its a sports career sims living here. The use of gym equipment along with the splash pool was so nice

Cross Country Runner’s by @professorlilith
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Loved the interior decoration and the large pool. The entryway was a great place to put the dresser to save room! And it looked great. I loved the workout room, too! The landscaping area impressed. Maybe if you could have made a smaller pool, you could have afforded a bigger living area and given your sim at least a tv to play with to fulfill their fun needs. Loved your talent with color and your whole build was soothing for a sim to live in!

Zita’s comments: Loved the suburbia feel to your build The red and brick exterior was a very good choice 2 use for the walls and was transferred cohesively to the interior. Everything blended well together and the pool was an added bonus.

Writer’s Block by @gmcrozier
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: While I appreciate the creativity, I was confused as to why this sim was outdoors. I think a bit of backstory would have helped me figure this out! I was afraid for all of his stuff getting wet. Now I know we don’t have seasons in Sims 4, but I’m hoping we will in the future and he will be a soggy mess when the elements rain down on him. But he was very happy and well taken care of throughout his home except for the fact he didn’t have a dresser and I couldn’t change his clothes. This is a must for a bedroom! ;) I really liked the lining of the lot with the natural fence.

Zita’s comments: Nice outdoors touch to this build. The outside toilet and shower area is lovely and separated from the rest of the living quarters. I did like how you landscaped in the build, that looked very cool.

12 Infinity Drive by @leelujack
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Oh my goodness! This is AMAZING! The whole house looks like a rocket and every attention to detail is here. Emory is the perfect scientist with his antennae helmet and his nerdy clothes. He also has everything a good scientist needs with keeping his logic skill up and even a nicely done garden outside for his many concoctions (a DEATH FLOWER! WHAAT?) The only thing lacking is the ability to change clothes—he does have a dresser but alas, it isn’t playable, otherwise, this would have been a slam dunk. As an astronaut turned scientist would say, this build was out of this world!

Zita’s comments: You did well to stick with the theme of your build inside and outside. Standouts are the use of the satellite dish and your roofing. Interior was nice with all the tech equipment around and the placement of the hypno-frog gave it a spacey feeling.

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Up, Up, and Away by @jafhsdf
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Who wouldn’t love a starter that looks EXACTLY like a rocket? AWESOME JOB!!! The inside did remind me of the cylinder of a spaceship, but I wish it were more interesting. Especially on the outside. That said, everything was here for her to work on her skills and I really loved her voice. Awesome job!

Zita’s comments: Great name for your build. Your exterior tells immediately what career is associated with this build and I liked that. Good construction of the spacecraft/rocket and nice technique with the roofing of it. The black/grey and white interior was the perfect colors to choose for the inside and made it feel like a rocket or spacecraft.

Cupcake Takeaway Starter by @pronterus
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I love the bakery concept. How appropriate! And the exterior really holds true to a nice welcoming bakery. I also appreciated the sort of living quarters delegated to the upstairs with the tv/living area, but unfortunately, there was no dresser in the bedroom for the sim to change clothes. I also would have liked to see a few more baking touches—like maybe a painting? All in all, though, I think people would love to download this for a culinary sim!

Zita’s comments: Very inviting home and great idea to sell your baked goods from home. Crates in the backyard is a lovely touch. The exterior design is lovely and loved the roofing

Chef’s Special Starter by @folala
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really liked your home—it was pretty inside and out and I loved that you thought about what a cook might need with the herb garden! I thought the color scheme was soothing and the outdoors with the bar will help her mix drinks for her profession. I also laughed when I saw her party outfit! Awesome!

Zita’s comments: Nice suburbian feel to this starter and it can be used as any starter of one's choice. Dividing the house in two, joining it again by a passage is creative and I liked it a lot. It showcased your creative skills and the row plants at the entrance rounded your build off. Nice

Tech Loft by @jashsdf
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really liked the high rise feel of this starter. Sims are sure to want to live here. But I felt like you could have done more to give a high tech feel or maybe gone a little more nerdy. I really liked your sim and especially his party duds. Maybe if you would have downgraded the tv, you could have put a little more tech into the build. The exterior was amazing, though! Good job!

Zita’s comments: Modern exterior and you do have skill creating the "look" you want. The use of "pretty in plaster" paint suited the build well. The modern interior blended nice with the rest of the house

Abstract Living Starter by @Kaile
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really loved all the primary colors in this build. It was very artistic! And the outdoor feel would be very inspiring. Every angle was artistically done and any artistic sim would want to live here. I especially liked the matching inspiration artwork throughout the home! I would have liked to seen a little more in the landscaping, but overall, it was definitely true to the profession. Great job!

Zita’s comments: The moment I downloaded your house it made me think of a modern dollhouse (in a good way) Love the free use of color, splashing it all over interior and exterior. This build told me there is an artist living here. Keeping the cement flooring and only using rugs over it was a clever touch to enhance the arty feel.

Clean Slate by @NHicks
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Gorgeous design outside, I love how your homes look! Inside is very tastefully done. My problem is that aesthetically, it would be amazing for any modern sim. It doesn’t support her culinary quests. There are no growing plants for her to use to enhance her gourmet dishes and I really couldn’t tell from walking inside that this was a celebrity chef’s home. More like a celebrity’s home. Pretty, but doesn’t enhance gameplay. But I truly loved the cool fountains on the outside and you always amaze me with how you put together a beautiful build! :)

Zita’s comments: Nice and modern exterior features. I liked the triangular tiling. The interior was well planned and you definitively have great mooing skills Your moo plant boxes in the back yard caught the eye and was nicely done

Chef’s Choice Starter by @GuruFanNo1

Pammiechick’s thoughts: This was one of the most imaginative exteriors! Loved your use of roofing and color to mimic fruits and veggies. I also loved how you used the fruit bowls on the outside! The backyard was very nice with the swimming pool. That said, although the outside was perfect for a chef, the inside and the lack of herbs didn’t really say “chef” to me. I didn’t see any chef type things on the walls, but maybe you used all the money for that unique outside? A bar would have been nice, too, for mixing drinks. I liked it that you at least provided a planter’s box for growing items, so that’s good! Thank you for your creativity!

Zita’s comments: It takes some skill to create the roofing you did in this build and I could identify with a banana and carrot looking at it. Very creative use of coloring combination exterior and it came nicely together. The interior was well planned and the luxury addition of the pool was cool

Garden Salad Starter by @folala
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Wow. I’m soooo amazed at how you got the mushroom dots! It befuddles me! And you thought of everything a chef would need from the herb and veggie garden to the bar so he could mix drinks. And the décor in every room fit your gnome sim and also fit the veggie it represented! MY GOODNESS! I had fun playing with your gnome on the happy lot since there were also tunes for him to whistle while he worked. Well done!

Zita’s comments: Good use of roofing 2 create the different veggies or fruits and bringing them 2 life. The separate rooms was a great idea and nicely decorated. The inner courtyard was a nice touch

The Tech’s Hovel by @superbibi11
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I love the exterior of this home! It’s very well done and the inside seems just right for a techie guy. There’s a computer for him and a tv and I liked the way you used MOO to make this unique couch! I also appreciated some of the techie things on the wall. The outside had nice landscaping, too. I might have liked a few more techie things added and a dresser so I could see what your sim was wearing, but overall this was a very nice entry!

Zita’s comments: Good job with both both ex-and-interior The industrial grate used in the kitchen was a clever touch and it worked so well with your theme. Cool idea

Writer’s Block Tent by @Issabella14

Pammiechick’s thoughts: You always amaze me with your creativity! I loved this tent! And the touches you put all over. There were even FIREFLIES milling around the picnic bench! The inside looked exactly what a tent should look like inside. I love how you used the firewood in a unique way and all the books plus the great use of the outdoor items. I couldn’t believe how you used the treasure map as a rolled up shade! You really have to tell me how you get items to float like that. A tutorial of some kind. Please? WAY TO GO!!!

Zita’s comments: The tent looked very real and was superbly constructed Your eye for detail really came through in this build and I liked the furnishings in and around the tent. A writer will enjoy starting to write a new book here.

hirondelle09
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: Your interior design blew me away! I loved how you conserved space so you could DECORATE! Loved the colors and I felt as if I was in space in this home! Wonderful! I wish you would have paid attention to the skills an astronaut needs—they build logic and athleticism so having a punching bag and a chess board or computer on the lot would have helped. Other than that, I thought this build was out of this world!

Zita’s comments: Exterior has a modern futuristic look to it and was well executed.The interior wow'ed me and the coloring used here was spot on. The pinks and blues made it very futuristic and your decorating skills shines through in this build

Gamer Loft by @xovalee
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really loved the interior of this build. It oozed quirky techie to me which fit your sim! I also adored your sim and knew instantly what she represented when I saw her. Loved all your choices and appreciated that you gave her every techie amenity. The outside was a bit lackluster, though. I felt you could have upped the high tech on the outside as well, but overall it was a great job.

The Pink Athlete by @superbibi11
    Pammiechick’s thoughts--I liked the colors for this little pink athlete. I do wish there was more to do for this athlete other than the punching bag and there wasn’t a dresser for her to change, but everything else was in order. Great job!

Zita’s comments: Loved you little pink house and this could be used as any starter due to its versatility. The kitchen nook is so adorable and your decoration is cohesive according with the budget allowed

Liv’s Domain by Fatbat24
    Pammiechick’s thoughts: I really like the tone of this home. It’s soooo detective! And the police emblem in the bedroom was AWESOME! You gave her everything she needs, including some most wanted pics. I do wish there was something for her outside to help such as a grill for her downtime or even a punching bag—she does have to keep in shape after all!

Zita’s comments: Driving past this house my 1st guess would be that a police sim lived here. Like the brickery wall coloring and nicely decorated with a few open spaces.

Eco Friendly by @NHicks

Boy do I love your design aesthetic because I’m a modern gal! Your entryway is AMAZING! And I love everything inside down to your little touches of greenery for this green thumb of a handsome sim! I wish the entrance would have had a dresser so we could change his clothes! I wanted to see more of him! But I was happy to see the trees and the garden in the front and back. Love all the pretty fountains as well. Great job!

Zita’s comments: Nice and modern exterior features. I liked the triangular tiling. The interior was well planned and you definitively have great mooing skills. Your moo plant boxes in the back yard caught the eye and was nicely done. I give a slight edge to your other build.

Walker Fortified by @LoStar

I love the creativity of this build and the backstory. The way this looks like an abandoned prison watchtower is the perfect backdrop for a detective! No one would suspect a detective lived here and he could watch someone coming from far away! Awesome! I liked that you had planters on the top of the build but wished there was an oven instead of just a microwave. But it went along with the theme, so it was fine. Some of the touches like the books under the bed and the mom’s picture by the covers pulled at my heart strings. I thought it a brilliant concept! Way to go!

Zita’s comments: After downloading I could see the military/police association here. Interesting architecture and simplicity applied with creativity is always a good combination. Adored the pic of the girlfriend/wife next to his cushion. I liked your originality a lot Good job

Casita Starter by @MissMeip

Pammiechick’s thoughts: I loved the Spanish influence on your build and the backstory of your sim! I felt it was really appropriate for a doctor with both a logic skill item as well as a computer and tv. Everything was here for anyone to play just starting out. I would have liked a bit more landscaping, but overall, this was a great build. Good job!

Zita’s comments: Liked roofing over the front and side patios.The wall textures used and the fencing blend in nicely together. Use of new EP in living room is very nice and the tiling is super nice

Starter home for Tech by @Emma-LeeXOXO_C

Pammiechick’s thoughts: did you know that I adore pink, green, and black together? Loved the inside design. I also liked the aspect of your sim being a beautiful geek. But I would have liked for her to show a little of her geekiness—like maybe in what she wore to bed or maybe a funny party outfit. Also, the toilet was placed in such a way that she couldn’t go to the bathroom. ;( Other than that, I thought it was really nice.

Zita’s comments: Like the use of different colors and textures for this house. Having all the tech equipment lying around in the house was clever. Mooing and stacking was done well

Now for the places…
    Sixth place goes to…

12 Infinity Dr. by @leelujack

Fifth place goes to….

Sportsman Starter by @Lisa17Ann

Fourth place goes to….

Walker Fortified by @LoStar

Third place goes to….

Artsy Craftsy by @GuruFanNo1

Second place goes to…..

Storage Unit by @pronterus

And the WINNER is….

Writer’s Block Tent by @Issabella14

I will message you with your siggie hopefully by tomorrow! Well done and congratulations!

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SnappSimzSnappSimz Posts: 1,237 Member
    woooooooooooooooooooooaah
    HELLO. I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!