Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @RebornMonster did you check the link I posted?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I keep dropping out of this thread! I haven't got Island Paradise yet. What is everybody's thoughts on the pack?
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited July 2019
    I keep dropping out of this thread! I haven't got Island Paradise yet. What is everybody's thoughts on the pack?

Don't have them yet, but I love seeing how it looks. I think they had different shader than other worlds. Not sure how it will look with my bad laptop, though.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    edited July 2019

I know this is probably OCD, but I go into every premade lot and add things like towels, bubblebath, duckies (for childish Sims and children) and toilet paper in the bathrooms, kitchen appliances in the kitchen, alarms, washing machines, tumble dryers, etc. I HAVE to have it in every house and I also lock the doors of the bedrooms to everyone, except the Sim whose room it is and I assign beds for everyone.

Lmao. No - that's AMAZING!
    I totally understand. I don't bother in lots I'm not currently playing with - but I get it totally. One of my biggest pet peeves is the lack of storage on any lot. I don't thing there's a single EA built world with a closet anywhere.... Can you imagine - an entire town where NOT EVEN ONE HOUSE has a closet. :astonished: It drives me batty sometimes.

That drives me crazy, too! I add one in every bedroom as well. That's why I download Lilsimsie's save for TS4 and even then I add more things!

That rebuild looks super impressive....
    I really should give sims 4 another shot. The building suite is SOO GOOOD in that game, but I got frustrated trying to figure out poses and HATED not having a "moveobjects" option.

There is actually a cheat (bb.moveobjects) that lets you move objects freely in TS4.

I LOVE IT! The number one feature: MERMAIDS EXIST NOW! There's a new career and three new part-time jobs, there are mermaids (WHICH IS THE BEST FEATURE!!!), there's snorkeling/scuba diving, there's SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN, and so much more...
    Post edited by Pinmat135 on
  • Options
    Ann88czAnn88cz Posts: 221 Member
    > @Bugsie2016 said:
    > RebornMonster wrote: »
    >
    > Ahh. That makes sense :smile: Taking the screenshots is such a journey - or at least it was for me. :sweat_smile:
    >
    > I think my head exploded the first time I used the tab mode (I don't remember what it's officially called). Now, even with that I get irritated not being able to position my camera exactly where I want it. :lol: I seem to remember that I used to have a mod that made the camera behave better, so I'm going to have to look through my downloads. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the whole site when NRAAS closed their site... I hope that person/group is still around somewhere. They do amazing work on Mods. :heart:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is this mod the one you had? (I think you're talking about sims 4 but if not here's one for sims 3, can't say if it works though) :)

Oh cool! Didn't even know this mod existed so thank you!
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited July 2019
    Wishing my daughter @squirrelwithacup a Happy 18th Birthday! I'm so proud of the kind, loving, sweet, and beautiful person you are. Love you bunches!
    8iRDZ4I.png
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @RebornMonster did you check the link I posted?

Yup. I commented directly on the post - though I used the "name/URL" post option, because I have a different username on Google, and wanted you to know it was me. :smile:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    e9lf4ZL.png
    Sorry for the long wait, but here's the next chapter of Nightshade! Read it here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Wishing my daughter @squirrelwithacup a Happy 18th Birthday! I'm so proud of the kind, loving, sweet, and beautiful person you are. Love you bunches!
    8iRDZ4I.png

@squirrelwithacup Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day! I think it's really neat that you and your mom play The Sims and write SimLit! Nobody I know (outside here) plays or writes. My aunts used to play before they had kids and my brother plays once in a while, but for the most part it's a hobby I pursue on my own.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    8iRDZ4I.png

@squirrelwithacup Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day! I think it's really neat that you and your mom play The Sims and write SimLit! Nobody I know (outside here) plays or writes. My aunts used to play before they had kids and my brother plays once in a while, but for the most part it's a hobby I pursue on my own.

@divanthesimmer Thank you!! <3 I think it's neat that my mom does it with me, too. Not many people have family members that do, especially parents.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    8iRDZ4I.png

AAAAA Happy happy happy birthday @squirrelwithacup 😭😭😭 Welcome to adulting girl! (Can you adopt me now? 😂) I wish you many, many more years, and i hope to be there with you in many more birthdays ❤ I love you more than André loves thumbs 😭❤
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    8iRDZ4I.png

*squeaks* Happy birthday @squirrelwithacup!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hi everyone! It's been long since I've checked in here. I missed you all and I hope you're doing well. I might be getting back to writing stories soon once I have the motivation to do so.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    aprently i can be cute when i'm tired. i didn't get a break today cause i was leaving early. but there was cake. the gm caught me eating a piece and md when asked if i was on a break i reminded her i wouldn't get one by saying i don't get one today so i made my own. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    8iRDZ4I.png

@divanthesimmer Thank you!! <3 I think it's neat that my mom does it with me, too. Not many people have family members that do, especially parents.

i think i got into video games cause of something i said when i was 5. i want a brother. according to mom i wanted to send him back after a week but thats not the point of the story. growing up he liked video games so i think thats how i got in to it. now i love my switch..

hPPY BIRTHDAY.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    8iRDZ4I.png

AAAAA Happy happy happy birthday @squirrelwithacup 😭😭😭 Welcome to adulting girl! (Can you adopt me now? 😂) I wish you many, many more years, and i hope to be there with you in many more birthdays ❤ I love you more than André loves thumbs 😭❤

@gameplay9098 Awww <3 I hope we'll both get to celebrate many more birthdays with each other <3 Also yes I can, you're officially adopted, congrats :joy:

Also, there's no way anyone loves ANYONE more than André loves thumbs and you know it :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    8iRDZ4I.png

*squeaks* Happy birthday @squirrelwithacup!

Thank you so much @lillibattenberg! :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    8iRDZ4I.png

i think i got into video games cause of something i said when i was 5. i want a brother. according to mom i wanted to send him back after a week but thats not the point of the story. growing up he liked video games so i think thats how i got in to it. now i love my switch..

hPPY BIRTHDAY.

Thank you @friendsfan367! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    8iRDZ4I.png

@gameplay9098 Awww <3 I hope we'll both get to celebrate many more birthdays with each other <3 Also yes I can, you're officially adopted, congrats :joy:

Also, there's no way anyone loves ANYONE more than André loves thumbs and you know it :joy:

André can't love thumbs anymore than Gameplay loves Squirrel though 😂❤
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    Ann88czAnn88cz Posts: 221 Member
    Hi guys. I finally made a member so I'd like to share my sims 3 legacy with you. I'm not a writer like many of you here, just wanted to tell my sim's story.

I'd be happy if you visit my blog and let me know what you think in the comments :blush:

You can find the link in my signature.
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    8iRDZ4I.png

WOW! Happy Birthday @squirrelwithacup !!
    Don't listen to anybody. Being an adult is a racket. Act like a kid for as long as you can :wink:

I'm in the same boat as @divanthesimmer - I don't really know anybody in the real life that plays Sims. I know a couple who played the Original, but that's it. My siblings are both into MMO games, and have been trying to get me into it for YEARS. Part of me wants to - just to chat with them online - but playing an MMO always feels like doing chores to me :sweat_smile: . Which, I suppose is ironic, since my Ex used to call the sims a "chore simulator" :cold_sweat: It is SUPER cool that you both can share something like this :heart:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    I need some idea for a threatening phone calls before anyone is kidnapped ("Drop Politics or else those close to you will get hurt"?)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Glad you're feeling better, @RebornMonster.

Oh my Sims 3 works. I've just been playing more TS4 recently and TS3 loads so much slower.

That would be cool to trade services. I've got to think about what lots I might need in my games for my stories. What kinds of characters are you looking for? Lately I've been giving Sunset Valley characters makeovers. It's slow going though.

:sweat_smile: Unfortunately, right now, the only sims I'm considering are converts from my WIP. I was seriously considering converting it to a sims story, just for fun, but it's SOOO much work that I've been hesitant to even begin... For instance, I have sunk probably fifteen hours into researching and building for the very first set I would need, and it only shows up in chapter one. I'm still planning on finishing the build (since I think a few people might be interested in a fully furnished University Library for their own games/stories) but I don't have the time or patience to produce on a dedicated timeline. Right now, my WIP is posting 1k words twice a week, and I've only got about 7 weeks worth of writing roughed out... If I dedicate too much time to building sets and taking shots I'll not only fall behind on writing - I'll have to post a LOT slower...

Anyway - I've been going back and forth on it. But, If I do begin working on it, I'd need all the help I can get. There's a MASSIVE cast. :cold_sweat:

Oh my god...a university library. I might need to check out your build. I have one started for my story as well...which has been heavily delayed by building lol.
  • Options
    new chapter
    3W9jge6.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    8iRDZ4I.png

Happy Birthday to an amazing simmer and writer! Hope it was an amazing one...@squirrelwithacup

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top