Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interesting Article with Hints

I like this article, it has a few subtle hints of what is to come to this TS4 series.

Check it out

http://masterherald.com/the-sims-4-likely-getting-various-new-expansion-packs-and-updates-in-the-future/16821/

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Meh. Completely sourceless, and making cash off a gazillion different types of ad placement. I'll pass in favor of news that feels like it might not be made up.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Very interesting read! I knew this game was going to be even better than it's predecessors.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    "EA also want to tweak the current career system, according to reports, as they feel like it’s not clear enough and could use some work to more properly guide players to the right career paths for their Sims." This sends a chill down my spine. I don't need to be 'properly guided' anywhere. Really, EA? Nor do I need Big Brother in my game. Unless, what they're talking about is dumbing the game down even further. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    "The Sims 4 launched to a lot of success and strong positive receptions." Huh???
    Yeah, this article was so full of itself it was hard to read.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Yeh, the article makes it clear that they are basing all of it from rumours.
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    In any case, it’s also not clear which of those features are going to be implemented as free content and which are going to cost money, but it’s very likely that many of the new additions to the game will come in the form of premium updates.

That better not mean what I think it may mean. Hopefully whoever wrote the article just doesn't know enough about the game to know they are called expansion packs. Going by the way the article was written it doesn't sound like the author knows much, if anything, about the Sims.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    That looks like it was written by a fan. I doubt anything is true in that artictle, everything they wrote seens to be based only in expeculations.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    ... ............
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    At first I thought the one sentence said the studio still has a lot that they can "LEARN" from this game, not earn.
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2015
    I really hope that wasnt made up article. Its already sounds great.

Sims 4 is already great, can't even stop playing. And it will be greater in time. Just... stop complaining.
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    Very interesting read! I knew this game was going to be even better than it's predecessors.

I am convinced you're an EA employee, convinced! This only just confirms it
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    Foxcrest wrote: »

I am convinced you're an EA employee, convinced! This only just confirms it

EA employees aren't allowed to mention how the game will be in the future. More likely a fan.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    I wish I was working for EA! I'm just a fan! :D
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    I hope it's true. We could really use some surprise updates that add in a bunch of cool stuff.
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    I really hope that wasnt made up article. Its already sounds great.

Sims 4 is already great, can't even stop playing. And it will be greater in time. Just... stop complaining.

I'm curious as to who you think is complaining? So far I haven't seen the first complaint in this thread.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    It mentions new hotspots and beach vacations. I hope that is correct.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Who exactly is this publication?

With the obvious grammatical errors, I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously.

There was some interesting information in it, just not sure I am buying the validity of it all given they didn't even cite any sources. It seems like they just gathered up rumors they've read at fan sites and put them in an article.

I was thinking the same ... about errors and that the article did not cite any sources. Just makes it pure speculation and hearsay.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Who exactly is this publication?

With the obvious grammatical errors, I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously.

There was some interesting information in it, just not sure I am buying the validity of it all given they didn't even cite any sources. It seems like they just gathered up rumors they've read at fan sites and put them in an article.

I was thinking the same ... about errors and that the article did not cite any sources. Just makes it pure speculation and hearsay.

It's a Middle Eastern Newsportal and does not give out their sources. It's called Freedom of the Press. But read through the whole newsportal and they talk about all sort of things including politics and what have you. It could be that reporters view on the game or what he has gathered from media releases. Who knows. it's a News portal - the digital version of a News Magazine/paper.

Does not color my view on the game one way or the other.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited May 2015
    So many exclamation points! So much bad grammar! So much - speculation! I agree with @HarmonySims280. There's not a shred of evidence to back any of this up.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    I agree to the article. Especially to the first sentence <3
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well there are actual hints Simmers are finding in the game code: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555346&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments
    9 stuff packs, 3 game packs and 2 expansion packs. FP was the holiday pack. I'm guessing that is just for this year since the EA conference call mentioned two EPs for this fiscal year. $300+ for all of that including the base game but not including tax and exchange rates.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Taken with a pinch of salt this time OP. Lack of research and as others have said no source given. EA has been remarkably tight lipped about the future of the game. A Middle Eastern publication would seem an odd choice for any major announcements.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

I retract my previous comment.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have never read so much nonsense in my life!

I have read some daft things since hanging out on these forums but as of yet, this is the daftest article I have ever read!

I don't know what they are on but I wouldn't mind some for myself!

'Strong positive reception'

'Financial sucsess'

'Hard at work making sure fans are satisfied'

Utter nonsense!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg