Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest, WHICH SIMS GAME IS THE WORST?

DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
Yes, i know Sims 4 is a bit of downgrade, but now here's the question:

Based on our technology, for example when thinking about which one's the worst, think about what technology was at that time when it was created.

For example don't say that ''Sims 1 is the worst because there was less stuff to do than in the sims 3'' Yes, it's true, but at that time it was way harder to develop a game.

So think about it in that way.

So what's you're answer? Why? Share you're thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    the sims 4.. based on what was great and acceptable and awesome in the time it was made.. the sims 4 definitly
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Honestly, if we're thinking about what can be accomplished at the time each game was released then I would have to say sims 4. Going back to loading screens, small worlds, and removing life stages such as toddlers does not scream a game that was released in 2014.

I know it might not be a popular opinion, but I just think the other 3 sims games seemed more in keeping with the time of their release, and actually seemed like they moved forward.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    The Sims 1 was such an amazing game. Too bad I can't bring myself to play it anymore as the graphics bother me now that I'm used to 3 and 4.
    As far as the worst, I don't know yet, I'll have to wait until more expansions for 4 come out. I like 4, but it's bareness bothers me a little.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited April 2015
    just think, we are in 2015 where the majority of games nowadays are both 32 and 64 bit and are made with top engineer where you need to have a average computer to proper play, then we get sims 4 which was made with a outdated 32bit even for his time(they started to work in sims 4 in 2010 where 64 bits already started to be worked by many game productions), we see how limited and full of glitchs this engineer is, then is obvious sims 4 is the worst based on the age he was made, if this game was made like in2004 could be "normal" but not 10 years late.

we have a 2014 game with 2004 tecnology, this speak loud.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    For me, The Sims 3. Simply because I needed mods to actually make the game work (and it ate 2 graphics cards due to the syncing flaw that I didn't know about until a kind simmer shared the info with me while I was looking for tech advice).

TS1, TS2, and and so far TS4, have not broken anything in my pc nor did they require third party programs for me to make them work. Crinrict is the only reason TS3 was even remotely salvageable, for me.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    kamylasgkamylasg Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I have to say The Sims 3. I didn't really connect with this game. I loved story progression and the Generations EP, but it wasn't enought to keep me interested. I didn't like the graphics, and S3 just had a horrible performance when I first got it... It's pretty weird for me how S4 runs perfectly for me and S3 had so many problems.
    Sims 4 is lacking a lot of things, but so far I had way more fun with S4 than I had playing S3, probably because the whole game looks better and it runs very smoothly. All of my friends had problems with Sims 3, and none of them have any problem running Sims 4... Having said that, my favorite Sims game is still The Sims 1.
  • Options
    cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2015
    The sims 4. If you base it on the content it came with, the way it looks and works compared to games of today than yeah. It's a fun game but like someone else said the bareness... it's bothersome. - it's also the most upset I've seen simmers.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Sims 4 hands down.
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    ***4***
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    The Sims 4, of course.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I would have to say the Sims 4 because Sims 4 really does not bring anything new to the table and it so disconnected to me. It does not keep me glued to it like Sims 1 through Sims 3 did. However, if EA/Maxis make the right moves those opinions can change.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited April 2015
    They all have issues. TS2 the graphics are terrible. TS3 - can't play Isle Paradisio unless you delete all sims and all houses, etc.. TS4 - Bugs, bUgs, buGs, bugS
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The Sims 2.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    I used to think the Sims Freeplay but man it has so much more content than the last time I played it. So I'd have to go with the Sims 4. The Sims 1 is actually my 2nd favorite Sims game and if only thing bad about it is that it is an old game, that is minimal to the bugs and glitches and missing features and missing play styles going on with the Sims 4. Plus the Sims 4 is the only one that forces you to use the EA gaming engine to run compared to the other games. Not everyone likes having Origin running with their game. I agree with the others, the Sims 1, 2, 3, and side games actually brought new technology and features and humor for their times.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AnimastarAnimastar Posts: 342 Member
    Sims 2. Tried to go back to it back when I was moving and my sims 3 disc was packed away somewhere, I don't know how I even got into it that one begin with. Sims 1 I have no idea because I never actually played it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The Sims 4 is the worst.

The Sims 3 follows it VERY CLOSELY behind, but it's not the worst because it, at least, brought actual new features to the table, and attempted to innovate within a 10 year old franchise (at that time). However, its engine is a ticking timebomb, the Sims look bad, they're robotic, recycled animations and features from TS2, etc. which is why I definitely don't think it's the best.

The Sims 2 is the best Sims game to this date.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 3 was the worst. For technology of the day, it ran badly. Things were never fixed overall. And on top of that, it had the ugliest sims of all the games.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited April 2015
    1.Sims 3
    2.Sims 4
    3.Sims 1
    4.Sims 2
    Number 1 Being the worst and Number 4 being the best.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The Sims Online is the worst in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    efaspaceefaspace Posts: 85 Member
    This is difficult and before I played Sims 4 (I waited to buy the game and got it this week at 50% off due to all the criticisms of the game I've read on the forums) I thought my answer to this would be TS4 but having played it? I'm thoroughly enjoying it but I know that I will still go back to play TS3 and TS2 every so often. I think we can all say we like and dislike some parts of each game so I don't think I can honestly answer his....

Ps. Maybe I'm just enjoying TS4 because I only paid £24 for it haha, who knows...
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2015
    fabuulouis wrote: »
    This is difficult and before I played Sims 4 (I waited to buy the game and got it this week at 50% off due to all the criticisms of the game I've read on the forums) I thought my answer to this would be TS4 but having played it? I'm thoroughly enjoying it but I know that I will still go back to play TS3 and TS2 every so often. I think we can all say we like and dislike some parts of each game so I don't think I can honestly answer his....

Ps. Maybe I'm just enjoying TS4 because I only paid £24 for it haha, who knows...

What happened with me was it felt fun in the beginning, but as I explored more and more of it, I realized there's no complexity to it, and it's quite boring. Mind you, it only took a couple of hours to realize this.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited April 2015
    Worst for its time?
    Definitely Sims 4

Sims 1 reintroduced the concept of a life simulation on a scale never seen before
    Sims 2 expanded upon Sims 1 by introducing aging and generations
    Sims 3 expanded upon 2 with the open world (so that you weren´t confined to one building lot, but could send your Sims everywhere and follow them on the map [and switch between your families Sims even when they were at different lots]). Sims 3 also introduced Story Progression.
    Likewise Sims 3 provided so many possibilities for modders, that it was possible for modders to improve upon the game to a great degree (see for example the different story progression mods)

Sims 4 on the other hand is a step back from Sims 3 ... It reverted the game from Sims 3s open world to only a little step above from the system in Sims 2 (by having "one lot + surrounding public space" instead of Sims 2s "one lot") and did away with story progression. It also degraded friends to little more than background noise, of which you don´t even notice when they die because (unlike Sims 2 and 39 you don´t get a notice of your friends nearing death (and also don´t get any sad phases for your families Sims, when your sims friends inally have passed away).

So, yes, I have to say that Sims 4 is the worst one of the bunch, at least at its current state (which hopefully will change in the future when/if new features gets introduced via patches)
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Sims 4
    1. 32bit when it should have been 64bit
    2. Smarter sims - I have yet to see any evidence of this
    3. Weirder stories - So far they haven't been any weirder than usual
    4. Reduced/missing life stages.
    5. Worlds are smaller.
    6. Far fewer lots.
    7. Lack of emotional reactions, shorter durations.
    8. No terrain tool
    9. No water tool
    10. Teens, young adults and adults all the same height
    11. All foundations must be the same height
    12. Can't add small windows to foundations
    13. Objects that were in 1, 2 & 3 base games missing
    14. No opacity slider for makeup
    15. Babies are objects tied to cribs
    16. Too many loading screens. A loading screen just to go to the next door neighbors house? Seriously?
    17. No eyelash length slider. Heck they don't have eyelashes at all.
    18. The list goes on.

EA/Maxis made huge strides from TS1 to TS3. Now, all of a sudden, they are going backwards and claim it's going "back to roots" in order to excuse the lack of currently available technology. There was so much they could have done but they chose to throw the baby out with the bathwater instead.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I don't think there's any really bad sims game, but the worst is Freeplay. :D
    tenor.gif