Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 'Not Responding' When I press play in origin It wont even launch

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > many are reporting the origin in game is the problem see if this helps turn off game open origin select origin/application settings/origin in game and unselect origin in game and test the game again

Doesn't work for me. I did what you said.

Hello @Hockeystickes.
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then try log in to origin and try launching the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin .

If you are playing on a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, do what is in this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit#latest

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps.
    Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > many are reporting the origin in game is the problem see if this helps turn off game open origin select origin/application settings/origin in game and unselect origin in game and test the game again

Doesn't work for me. I did what you said.

welcome @Hockeystickes sorry that fix was from last spring so it doesnt surprise me its no longer helpful. im assuming origin fixed that issue it by now.

i would first try resetting game files and are you getting any errors?
    how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims

good luck!
  • Options
    HockeystickesHockeystickes Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Hockeystickes wrote: »
    >
    > > @ceejay402 said:
    > > many are reporting the origin in game is the problem see if this helps turn off game open origin select origin/application settings/origin in game and unselect origin in game and test the game again
    >
    > Doesn't work for me. I did what you said.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > welcome @Hockeystickes sorry that fix was from last spring so it doesnt surprise me its no longer helpful. im assuming origin fixed that issue it by now.
    >
    > i would first try resetting game files and are you getting any errors?
    > how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:
    >
    > files to move back (but again test each move)
    > saves - game save
    > options.ini - game settings
    > screenshots
    > custom music
    > mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    > tray folder - all your saved builds and sims
    >
    > good luck!

Thanks. You helped fix it!!!
  • Options
    Nikki_Nikki_ Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Ladyliberty1301 said:
    > I just was having the same problem. Although I didn't check here before uninstalling. so now here I am re installing.

Yeah I open my sims 4 then it starts up then its shows sims 4 and says not responding I tried again still the same I need help ):
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Nikki_ wrote: »
    > @Ladyliberty1301 said:
    > I just was having the same problem. Although I didn't check here before uninstalling. so now here I am re installing.

Yeah I open my sims 4 then it starts up then its shows sims 4 and says not responding I tried again still the same I need help ):

Hello @Nikki_1

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then try launching the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Have you played the sims 4 before?
    Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then try to start the game, and if you can start it a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps.
    Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try opening the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/za/article/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Nikki_ wrote: »
    > @Ladyliberty1301 said:

welcome @Nikki i would start with resetting your files

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

saves - game save
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder for your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
  • Options
    shellydeniseshellydenise Posts: 3 New Member
    Help, I click Origin or even any of Sims and this error comes up on all. "c:\windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system Administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. didn't work :(
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Help, I click Origin or even any of Sims and this error comes up on all. "c:\windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system Administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. didn't work :(

Hello @shellydenise
    Try doing what is suggested in this link and see if that helps the issue.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/missing-msvcp120-dll-at-the-sims-4-startup/
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow. ♥ I just tried it but it didn't work :(
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Thank you Rosemow. ♥ I just tried it but it didn't work :(

Hello.
    Are you receiving the same error message or a different mesage?
    Try going to windows update and check to make sure that your computer is completely up to date.

Other simmers with the same issue as you have found that they needed to completely uninstall the files, then reinstall them.
    Try doing what SimGuruModSquad has posted in this link post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14383212/#Comment_14383212
    This link is similar to what is posted in the post that SimGuruModSquad wrote
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-error-troubleshooting/
  • Options
    It worked!! :) :) Thank you Rosemow ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Options
    SecretpiSecretpi Posts: 2 New Member

saves - game save
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder for your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    [/quote]

When I would try to start my game it would make it to the point where it says Sims4, but the it would say not responding. I figured out the problem was my Screenshots folder, so I took out all of the screenshots from the folder and tried to start it, not responding. Now I have completely removed the folder and it works...
    Since I can't have the folder there if I want it to work, does this mean I can't take screenshots in game...or?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Secretpi wrote: »

saves - game save
    screenshots
    custom music
    When I would try to start my game it would make it to the point where it says Sims4, but the it would say not responding. I figured out the problem was my Screenshots folder, so I took out all of the screenshots from the folder and tried to start it, not responding. Now I have completely removed the folder and it works...
    Since I can't have the folder there if I want it to work, does this mean I can't take screenshots in game...or?
    [/quote]

Hello @Secretpi .
    A new screenshots folder will have now been generated. You can still take screenshots, but try to keep the amount in the folder low. If you find that there are issues just having any screenshots in the folder, try starting with a new screenshot folder each time that you load the game, but keep the picture files in a safe place to put back into the screenshots folder when there is a fix for the issue.
  • Options
    SecretpiSecretpi Posts: 2 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

saves - game save
    screenshots
    custom music

Hello @Secretpi .
    A new screenshots folder will have now been generated. You can still take screenshots, but try to keep the amount in the folder low. If you find that there are issues just having any screenshots in the folder, try starting with a new screenshot folder each time that you load the game, but keep the picture files in a safe place to put back into the screenshots folder when there is a fix for the issue.[/quote]

Thank you! Yeah, I figured that out after I opened the game. It does seem like I have to delete the folder each time I try to open the game.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

saves - game save
    screenshots
    custom music

Hello @Secretpi .
    A new screenshots folder will have now been generated. You can still take screenshots, but try to keep the amount in the folder low. If you find that there are issues just having any screenshots in the folder, try starting with a new screenshot folder each time that you load the game, but keep the picture files in a safe place to put back into the screenshots folder when there is a fix for the issue.

Thank you! Yeah, I figured that out after I opened the game. It does seem like I have to delete the folder each time I try to open the game.[/quote]

You're welcome :) I am sorry that you will need to delete the folder each time. I hope that there will be a fix released soon.
  • Options
    historygirlhistorygirl Posts: 3 New Member
    Helppppp!!
    So i've been playing the sims 4 now for a while and it has been running perfectly fine until one day it wont let me on. It takes for ever for origin to load and the actual sims app wont load at all. Now that origin actually letting me into its website thing I tried clicking the sims but its gone paler as if i'm already on it and it wont let me press play..... however, im not on it.
    Please help!!!1
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Helppppp!!
    So i've been playing the sims 4 now for a while and it has been running perfectly fine until one day it wont let me on. It takes for ever for origin to load and the actual sims app wont load at all. Now that origin actually letting me into its website thing I tried clicking the sims but its gone paler as if i'm already on it and it wont let me press play..... however, im not on it.
    Please help!!!1

Hello @historygirl .
    Log out of origin. Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log into originl try to launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

• Options
    historygirlhistorygirl Posts: 3 New Member
    yet again i need help!!!!
    a note came up on my screen about downloading something or updating something so i pressed okay and then another note came up saything something like unable to download (or something else cant remember!) and then another came up saying some items have been deleted then something else that i cant remember. What do i do? loads of the clothes, hair, furniture and much more have been deleted! i also cant find the notifications any where!
  • Options
    yet again i need help!!!!
    a note came up on my screen about downloading something or updating something so i pressed okay and then another note came up saything something like unable to download (or something else cant remember!) and then another came up saying some items have been deleted then something else that i cant remember. What do i do? loads of the clothes, hair, furniture and much more have been deleted! i also cant find the notifications any where!

Hello @historygirl
    There is a feature that when there is a game update, mods/cc are disabled. This link explains about it,
    http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates

Go to options and tick the " enable custom content and mods" button which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. Also tick the script mods allowed button.
    Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.

• Options
    Rubyamber18Rubyamber18 Posts: 2 New Member
    if I uninstall the game and reinstall it will I lose all my cc? my game wont open and ive tried everything:(
  • Options
    if I uninstall the game and reinstall it will I lose all my cc? my game wont open and ive tried everything:(

Hello @Rubyamber18
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you need to uninstall and reinstall your game anytime, you shouldn't lose your cc. But it is best to make a backup copy of your Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder before uninstalling and place it on an external drive as a safe guard in case issues arise.
  • Options
    TaeeBearrTaeeBearr Posts: 4 New Member
    I just got a Sims 4 in August of this year and I am still having the same problem. Everything that you guys have suggested i have tried nothing works.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2017
    TaeeBearr wrote: »
    I just got a Sims 4 in August of this year and I am still having the same problem. Everything that you guys have suggested i have tried nothing works.

@rosemow need DxDiag instructions. Thanks