Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm taking a break!!!

midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
I got some very sad news today, something that no-one should have to go through themselves, my mum is dying and has terminal cancer and has been given only 3 weeks to live, it's a huge shock to me and my family, so I'm taking a break from my games including my Sims 4 and spending the quality time with my mum until it's time....................?!!

Cheerio!

I'll see you all later!

MidnightPearl
:(

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I send hugely big hugs to you <3 I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful Mother. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. May the precious time ahead that you and your family spend with your lovely mother be very special. Sending many special thoughts to you. May you be carried by the caring thoughts of family and friends through the days ahead, given the gentle strength to face each day.
    Sending more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. It must be so hard for the both of you. I hope you are doing well as can be. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    Very sorry to hear this, how awful! :'(
    Take care of yourself and your family. <3
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sorry to hear about that. :( I hope you can make those last weeks count. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    So sorry to hear that, I know you'll do everything you can to make these last few weeks count. It's a sucky thing to go through, you want to have as much time as possible but you don't want there to be any more suffering than possible either. HUGS. We'll be here for you when you return and need something to try and take your mind off it, if such a thing is even really possible. You'll need distraction.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    missbritt1989missbritt1989 Posts: 90 Member
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    So Sorry, You having to go through that. My prayers are with you and your family. <3o:)
  • Options
    thankyou to ALL your prayers and well wishes and hugs, I'm spending everyday with mum and it's so draining on me but my mum comes first and making sure my mum feels comfortable as much as possible and hold her hand and talk to her and tell her I love her few times per day. I hope that my mum doesn't suffer a long and agonising passing cos that WILL rock our family to bits.

The Sims 4 is a feel good happy families game, so that will be put on hold until I'm ready to play it again, right now, in real life, I'm very sad and it will just push me over the edge if I continued playing any Sims games, so I'll try our knitting/crocheting to keep my mind busy.

thankyou.

MP :(
  • Options
    thankyou for your kind words rosemow, this will get tough on me each day, I feel so lost a sad :(
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    That's the most upsetting news anybody could possibly hear. I hope this sacred time brings you and your family love and care and hope that you are cradled and supported by your family and your friends. When the times get hard and your heart is begging for your tears, I hope you can find solace that she is at peace and wish that your life can continue in happiness in her memory. You will be in my thoughts. <3:'(
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I'm sorry to hear the news of your beloved mother. Go and cherish every moment with her, you are in our prayers.
  • Options
    thankyou elliskane3, mlnov39 , I'm taking each day slowly and we both took selfies today which a treasured memory before the inevitable coming :(
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    i understand it took me a while to get back into the sims after my mum died... it will be two months tomorrow actually... I hope you make plenty of memories with her. take as many pictures and do as much as she is able. Please know i will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    Shearsy wrote: »
    i understand it took me a while to get back into the sims after my mum died... it will be two months tomorrow actually... I hope you make plenty of memories with her. take as many pictures and do as much as she is able. Please know i will be thinking of you.

sorry to hear about your mum's passing, I don't know why this is so hard and the waiting is so slow of what is coming, I don't know what to expect, but I am taking selfie photo's and normal photo's of my mum, as much as possible, saying I love you 6 times per day and spending a lot with my mum even though I'm tired and exhausted, I'll be there by her bedside everyday, she's not going to be alone, she'll have me by her side.

I'll eventually go back to playing Sims games, when, I don't know at this stage.

thankyou for thinking of me :blush:

• Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I'm happy you are getting to spend those extra moments with your mum. I know you will be making every minute count. She is lucky to have you. Stay as strong as you can.

My mum died suddenly and we still don't know why... she was young... but it won't make it easier if youre prepared for her passing or not... losing your mum is difficult. If you ever need to talk please feel free to message me. :)
  • Options
    Shearsy wrote: »
    I'm happy you are getting to spend those extra moments with your mum. I know you will be making every minute count. She is lucky to have you. Stay as strong as you can.

My mum died suddenly and we still don't know why... she was young... but it won't make it easier if youre prepared for her passing or not... losing your mum is difficult. If you ever need to talk please feel free to message me. :)

thankyou Shearsy, for your comforting words, I'm so sorry about your mum, how hard it was to see your mum deteriorate and pass away quickly, I'll PM you. Stay strong yourself, I'm trying to but I'm still in denial right now. :(