Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you wanna see in The Sims 4: Pets?

howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking about it and pets could be really fun, the new CAS would be awesome on pets.
I wanna see:
  • Dog Parks
  • More smaller pets and more interactions with them
  • Big, medium and small cats/dogs
  • Vets
  • Pet Stores
  • Farm like town
  • Maybe some farm animals like cows
  • Maybe pet clothing for your wealthier sims
  • Adding to the above, maybe pets in purses for celebrities?
  • Ability for pets to sleep on and under beds
An example of what I want for dog sizes:
dog_sizes.jpg
Post edited by howsimlish on

Comments

• Options
    innerinertiainnerinertia Posts: 12 New Member
    I agree with all of those things! I definitely want pets other than cats or dogs
  • Options
    Witchcult LambWitchcult Lamb Posts: 20 New Member
    I'd love to see new unique actions and interactions with pets. I think they'd be awesome using the new CAS, animals were pretty difficult to customize perfectly with the sliders. I agree with you on everything, and I especially would like to see the smaller pets fleshed out and added to.
  • Options
    I'd like the ability to add puppies in CAS as well, we never got that in TS2 or TS3. I want an army of puppies to take over Willow Creek. >:)
  • Options
    KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited February 2015
    I am really pushing for them to add a ZOO and be able to adopt exotic animals for pets from it. Along with all the normal pets. I posted a thread about it a while back. It included a Vet career also. I think since there is so much for Farming that it should be its own stand alone EP but include the farm animals with Pets EP. I love the idea about pet clothes and designer bags to carry them in.
  • Options
    Karrterr wrote: »
    I am really pushing for them to add a ZOO and be able to adopt exotic animals for pets from it. Along with all the normal pets. I posted a thread about it a while back. It included a Vet career also. I think since there is so much for Farming that it should be its own stand alone EP but include the farm animals with Pets EP. I love the idea about pet clothes and designer bags to carry them in.

Yeah, I think farms + farm animals and zoos + zoo animals should be their own EP due to the fact they'e such large things. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    howsimlish wrote: »

Yeah, I think farms + farm animals and zoos + zoo animals should be their own EP due to the fact they'e such large things. :)

The problem is that in the past they have never done more than one EP for the animals themselves and so I think they would have to do it all at once so the coding and routing would not be so difficult for them.
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    Farm animals, and also the option to keep pets as NPCs.
  • Options

The problem is that in the past they have never done more than one EP for the animals themselves and so I think they would have to do it all at once so the coding and routing would not be so difficult for them.

I think zoo animals could be caged ' objects ' like the cow from the TS3 store cause it's not like we'd actually have any other need for them in a zoo than to move around and have interactions with sims. They could be a placeable object that roams around inside of a certain room that you build yourself.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I think zoo animals could be caged ' objects ' like the cow from the TS3 store cause it's not like we'd actually have any other need for them in a zoo than to move around and have interactions with sims. They could be a placeable object that roams around inside of a certain room that you build yourself.

I want them like in their own containment areas for large animals and yes small animals would be in cages. I want us to be able to like adopt them and be able to take them home for pets. Like have a pet monkey or tiger would be so fun. My thoughts were you could have a Zoo with all types of animals and the ones Sims want to adopt then they could take them home and build areas to keep them in. So for the people who don't want to have exotic animals could just use the Zoo part and build the areas at the Zoo like you said. The Vet Career would be at the Zoo.

What seemed kinda weird to me is that you remember in Sims 3 I think it was that had like a adoption home but it was someone's house for pets in the game. I never could understand why they added that. It kinda seemed a little useless since you could adopt over the phone. Not sure what that was all about.
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member

I want them like in their own containment areas for large animals and yes small animals would be in cages. I want us to be able to like adopt them and be able to take them home for pets. Like have a pet monkey or tiger would be so fun. My thoughts were you could have a Zoo with all types of animals and the ones Sims want to adopt then they could take them home and build areas to keep them in. So for the people who don't want to have exotic animals could just use the Zoo part and build the areas at the Zoo like you said. The Vet Career would be at the Zoo.

What seemed kinda weird to me is that you remember in Sims 3 I think it was that had like a adoption home but it was someone's house for pets in the game. I never could understand why they added that. It kinda seemed a little useless since you could adopt over the phone. Not sure what that was all about.

Like your ideas!!
    I think monkeys should more be like cats and dogs rather than caged... They might be better than horses. Horses can be like other big animals with their own zones.. Equestrian center with laned horse race might also be good.

I think adoption home should me merged into a pet center that contains vetenarian's office/adoption home/pet item store.
  • Options
    Reminds me of TS2 Castaway:
    Orangutan.jpg
    For adoption centers I'd like to see stackable cage things where the pets could be kept along walls.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    sallone wrote: »

Like your ideas!!
    I think monkeys should more be like cats and dogs rather than caged... They might be better than horses. Horses can be like other big animals with their own zones.. Equestrian center with laned horse race might also be good.

I think adoption home should me merged into a pet center that contains vetenarian's office/adoption home/pet item store.

Ya I figured Monkeys with large animals and no cages they would go like in a large containment like a fenced in area where they could stay only when you wanted them there. Small caged animals would be like snakes, reptiles, guinea pigs, and rabbits etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Reminds me of TS2 Castaway:
    Orangutan.jpg
    For adoption centers I'd like to see stackable cage things where the pets could be kept along walls.

Haha yes I loved that game but I hated that you couldn't have the big cat in it as a pet.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I want pets, but I want a spay and neuter clinic. The runaway breeding drove me crazy.
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited February 2015
    Domestic pets I'd like to see:
    - At least 3 sizes for dogs
    - 2 sizes for cats
    - At least a handful each of the caged or tanked animals (and different sizes please!)
    *Mammals: mice, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits. Ferrets?
    *Birds: a pair of lovebirds, canaries, parakeets, cockatiels, parrots. Ducks/Geese in a mini yard pond?
    *Reptiles: turtles in an aquarium, tortoises in a terrarium, small constrictors, horned lizards, geckos, iguanas
    *Amphibians: already have frogs but could have improved interactions; toads, salamanders, newts?
    *Fish: better interactions than 'Look At' and 'Clean'. The option to choose from a few tank sizes and either a few different deco sets inside or add deco as you choose (like the TS2 train table?).

Farm Animals I’d love…
    - Donkeys?
    - Sheep (...Llamas?) for wool (along with a knitting or crocheting skill).
    - Pigs you can either “Trade For Bacon” via phone option, or raise them for ribbon prizes at the Fair.
    - Breed ponies and horses for racing; a Del Mar/Oasis Springs racetracks lot would be awesome! Not sure how a gambling option would change the age rating though.
    - Building and stocking a chicken coop to collect eggs (if you buy an incubator you can even breed your own chickens!). An important bonus to keeping chickens would be that they eat the bugs going for your veggies, so you no longer have to spray for them.
    - Cows and goats for milking (Dairy skill! Milk your animals, then drink it, cook with it, or learn to make butter, yogurt, ice cream, different cheeses…).
    - As with our current plants, properly caring for the food animals would raise the quality of their product.

In regards to jobs/careers...
    - Dog Catcher: collecting the local strays and redistributing them through adoptions.
    *Could also be tied in with a Sims County department of Fish & Game, protecting local wildlife and keeping it in check when animals creep into town.
    Raccoon in your trashcan? Bear in the park? Call SC Animal Control!

- New activity lots:
    *Zoos & Aquariums
    *County Fairs
    *Disneyland/Gerbitland!
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I hope they bring back horses, I loved them. Ad I hope this EP isn't so far down the road like it was for the Sims 3. I like having pets and it's not fun to have 400 other EPs out long before pets (ok I exaggerate, it was like 380 :wink: ).

I'd also like more interactions for birds. I'm a crazy bird lady so having more bird options and interactions then in the Sims 3 would be fun. Birds have crazy personalities just like cats and dogs. :smile:
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Hmm. let's see.

- Small animals that aren't always in their cages and can interact with objects. Like rabbits!
    - Agility center for dogs.
    - I want to be able to go jogging with my dog. And a proper walk dog interaction. In the sims 3 it was too boring. If my dog is energetic I want him to pull the leash, maybe make my sim fall.
    - I want cats and small dogs to be able to sleep with sims in every bed.
    - A vet career. And we should be able to take pets to the vet for vaccines. And maybe they can get sick too.
    - Once we get toddlers (and hopefully we'll get them before Pets comes out), I want them to eat dog/cat food, I want them to sleep on the dog's bed, maybe even cuddle with the dog and sleep together. I want them to play together, like the dog running around the toddler and being goofy.
    - 3 sizes for dogs (small, medium, big).
    - Farm animals would be great too. As long as they aren't controllable but have some interactions with the sims and aren't just there like a bunch of objects.
  • Options
    skipsbarryimageskipsbarryimage Posts: 17 New Member
    I really enjoyed the horses in the TS3 Pets and would like to see them again.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    this is just an idea-but a 'puppy family' for service dogs.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    In a word lamas or Alpacas
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Farm Animals
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Rabbits would be good, if your sim ever got bored of them they make a really nice pie! >:)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I bought the pet expansion packs for both TS1 and TS2, and while I thought they were OK, they weren't as good as I thought they would be. Hopefully it will be third time lucky for me and I will enjoy TS4 version more.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I sure hope they do horses again. Their looks and animations in Sims 3 were so realistic and well done. I didn't so much like wild horses running loose in the city though. Farm animals would be nice too. I really liked the cow shed and chicken coop from the S3 Store. I used to put those at community garden lots along with the bee hives.
  • Options
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    I sure hope they do horses again. Their looks and animations in Sims 3 were so realistic and well done. I didn't so much like wild horses running loose in the city though. Farm animals would be nice too. I really liked the cow shed and chicken coop from the S3 Store. I used to put those at community garden lots along with the bee hives.
    I feel that, I have never heard of wild horses IRL and if they are wild they'll most likely be caught and sent somewhere. I liked the cow and chicken coop too, I was hoping we would get pigs so heres to hoping for TS4. I even came up with this idea for modular farming, the chicken coop/cow shed/pig pen would be ' pullable ' like walls are, so you could extend them any way you want and the cows/pigs/chickens would only wander in those areas. :)
    joleaco wrote: »
    I bought the pet expansion packs for both TS1 and TS2, and while I thought they were OK, they weren't as good as I thought they would be. Hopefully it will be third time lucky for me and I will enjoy TS4 version more.
    Yeah, pets has always been a little iffy with me but I loved it in TS3 more than the others. Mostly because CAP was a little more easy. I'm just really excited because CAS is so much fun now I can't wait to see the way pets will work. ;)