Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compiled list of bugs in The Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    daniel92234daniel92234 Posts: 21 New Member
    I really wish that EA would squish those post-1.67/69 bugs... :s
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We all wish that. But there is no TS3 development team at EA and hasn't been for around two years now. :|
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited January 2016
    igazor wrote: »
    We all wish that. But there is no TS3 development team at EA and hasn't been for around two years now. :|

I really wish it too. The game has a lot of unfixed bugs (although some have been fixed by mods) and there are still major bugs in the game. Some of the bugs broke some of Sims 3's features for example, most Opportunities from phone calls are impossible to get with Into the Future, some towns such as Isla Paradiso are impossible to play due to lag, some EP features are bugged (e.g., Ambitions' Firefighter small fires, Late Night's Will O Wisp spawners, and Showtime NPCs that tend to be invisible as of Supernatural), and worse of all, The Sims 3 won't play on Macs that have Intel Iris Graphics. I also believe some say that Edit in Game in Create a World doesn't work but I wonder if it's getting fixed.

Here's the reason why Opportunities don't work with Into the Future.
    The issue is that there are ITF Opportunities with a high chance (about 500) whereas other Opportunities has 5 or 10, in addition, the two Advanced Skill Opportunities have the <TargetWorldRequired>FutureWorld</TargetWorldRequired> tag usually used for World Adventures but doesn't work the same in Oasis Landing. When the game prepares an Opportunity, it checks for the appropriate requirements (such as Skills and Career) and selects the Opportunity based on the chance. Since the ITF Opportunity chances are very high, they're always picked but it also bypasses the aforementioned tag so it'll pick the Advanced Technology skill opportunities. When the phone is answered, it checks the requirements but also checks the tag. Since the Sim is not in Oasis Landing, the game rejects the Opportunity. In some cases, other Skill Opportunities from the phone may appear although you won't get them as much.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, I'm surprised that most bugs that ruined sooo many of my days/games are not listed...

-Mislabeled achievements!
    - Various no aging bugs:
    - Sometime, if a major event clears the queue when an age transition is taking place (like a lightning hitting at this precise moment, or another sim setting the kitchen on fire), the sim will remain stuck in a no aging bug forever unless a mod clears that;
    - Toddlers/children/teens with imaginary friends (both puppets or live puppets, but not once joined to the family) will commonly get no aging bug unless the puppet is given/stored in the build/buy inventory PRIOR to the age transition;
    - A family of 8 sims with a toddler with an imaginary friend will MOST LIKELY get stuck in a no aging bug;
    - A toddler mermaid will most likely get a no aging bug, no matter what (I even had one that could be saved even with Overwatch and other mod);
    - A child mermaid will most likely cause EXTREME LAG when growing into a teen, and this only if aging doesnt get stucked at this step;
    - If Generation installed, an unaddressed no aging bug may spread to the whole neighborhood, or, in some cases, to the whole game, causing the "Generation no aging bug", requiring you to uninstall/reinstall Generaton Ep.
    - Speaking of mermaids (and Island Paradise), oh my, where to begin...
    - When traveling from A to B, they seem to be programmed to always swim whenever possible. They do swim faster than other sims, but significantly slower than sims in taxiboats, so it is likely you mermaid going to work 2 hours in advance will never reach his/her workplace in time by the end of his/her shift;
    - Mermaids can stay underwater considerably longer, which give you more time to experience the various bug of scuba diving (like, if you explore too many caves in a row, your sim will be resetted and relocated somewhere ashore);
    - You never get told that mermaids are immune to sharks. If performing the chain opportunity of refuge island with a mermaid sim, it may take a while...
    - Speaking of sharks, what are the odds to survive an underwater shark sneak attack?
    - Speaking of underwater sneak attacks, what are the odds to survive an underwater octopus sneak attack (the "cave monsters")?
    - Memory is an issue if you overbuild your town / add too many lots/families in edit town:
    - Even gets worst/crashes the game if you add a castle like home to an already overbuilt town;
    - Some people may even run into memory issues after a 12+ hours gameplay session in an otherwise fine neighborhood;
    - Sometimes, RNG will cause major ridiculous chain of unlucky events, like, in a single day, having a sim clog the toilets, break the showers, baths, sinks, computers, tv, and then setting the kitchen on fire (had it, more than once);
    - Speaking of fires, instead of running AWAY, sims will run TOWARDS the fire, so fire casualties is very likely with unexerienced players;
    - Roommates service can sometimes be automatically turned on without you knowing, and roommates can, each, call in guests that will cause a mess/consume valuable grown food ingredients in burnt meals/scrap your WIP paintings to start new ones;
    - Turning off roommates service is done by clicking the phone/travel-real estate/Roommate service/Turning off roommate service, but it does NOT require a clean uninstall... (First time I ran into this bug, I googled, and all I could find was to forget about that savegame, and immediately perform a clean uninstall to protect other saved game...);
    - In my case, if there is an apartment building in the neighborhood, every single time I accepted the "Free vacation" opportunity, roommate service was automatically turned on.
    - Speaking of "Free vacation", adults going on "Free vacation", in my case, will come back as a brand new sim (inventory lost, relationships outside the household lost, outfits lost, promised wishes lost, and, worst, lifewish randomly marked as completed or not, even if it wasnt when the sim left);
    - Mislabeled achievements/achievements not completed though all conditions met!
    - I never ever ever had good experience leaving sims with high autonomy for too long... Sometimes, even is a meal is already cooked and ready, a sim without any cooking knowledge will start cooking something, burn it, start cooking something else, burn it again, and set the kitchen on fire the third time. Or they will go to bed with a full bladder and wake up in the middle of the night to "Pee self";
    - Speaking of peeing, you are exploring a tomb in World adventure. Your Sim can eat dried food, can use "Showers in a can", can sleep in a sarcophagus atop a mummy, but cant relieve himself/herself if he/she has to go... (At least mermaids and sim scuba diving can...)
    - The whole celebrity needs to be reworked... You can climb to 5 star in about a week if you want to )and have opportunities like doing some work out_, but, once there, you can get falsely accused every three days, causing you, on the long run, to be hated by everyone in your hometown, but acclaimed by everyone else in the world;
    - Paparazzi can get on your property at any time of the day or night
    - Sometimes, they will even walk into your house, and you cant ask them to leave;
    - And, if inside your house once their shift is over, they will behave as if they were at home... And, again, you dont get the "Ask to leave" interaction...
    - You cant leave a toddler/baby home alone while you go shopping. A costly babysitter is called. However, you can leave them unattended if you travel for a month to Egypt or for year attending University. For pets, however, the city will provide you free petsitting while attending University.
    - Having a saved game not loading/corrupted for no apparent reason;
    - Having to Google to find out how to stop the Online Store spam ingame... (An irritant, but not a bug);
    - Sims life spawn/lunar cycles/seasons lengths sometimes resetted/changed without you knowing (also seems to happen due to most recent updates). However, you get spammed warnings not to use expansion you already paid for;
    - Mislabeled achievements/achievements not completed though all conditions met!
    - You set a LONG action queue for your first sim while you focus on another sim, only to find out later that first sims had his queue cleared for no reason;
    - NPCs using some interactions on your sims that cause the queue to be cleared, like "Be Asked for Autograph";
    - Speaking of things getting reset, befriending a ghost, to return next night to find out that the ghost emerging from the same tombstone has been reset and you lost all relations with him/her/it;

And I think I could go on and on and on...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    I don't know was this mentioned here, but I get the "The carpool for *Sim name* will arrive in one hour" message on days Sims aren't supposed to work. (I'm pretty sure that appears on holidays, so this may be one of problems with Seasons)

I have played in Twinbrook recently and when I'm trying to visit some neighbor's houses, i want to click on their house, but it says "no interactions available." My Sim was invited to a party, i clicked "attend the party," my Sim got in front of their door and just stopped, i couldn't enter the house because it said "no interaction available" wherever i clicked on their lot.

And it's so annoying when small house fires don't work and when those people are stuck at your wedding clapping and throwing rice! I really wish they fix that, but I'm pretty sure they don't care.
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    [...] I'm pretty sure they don't care.

I'm pretty sure too... :|

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    @TheStarlightSimm
    I get the "The carpool for *Sim name* will arrive in one hour" message on days Sims aren't supposed to work. (I'm pretty sure that appears on holidays, so this may be one of problems with Seasons)

I ran into this couple time lately, and Googled about it. There are two known cases when this happens:

- 1st: A sim who works at night, and a holiday takes place on either the first or second day. Looks like it would sometimes cause the carpool to be generated and you to lose the free day off. To know if your sim is supposed to work even if he's supposed to be off, just check the job performance meter. If it's being drained, go to work. Looks like it's the same problem as performing sims having a gig on a specific day, then the season changes, and the seasonal holiday falls on the day your gig is taking place;

- 2nd: Lesser levels of the "Criminal" career. Looks like at some point, EA changed the programmed work schedule of our thugs, but did not adjust what is being displayed. There are also reported cases of "Criminals" going to work, to then not being paid for this specific day, or the "Criminal" losing job performance for not being at work, even if no other indication was given that the Sim had to go to work this day.

Both are obviously bugs... First annoys me a lot, but the second, well, it is realistic that criminals defraud each others...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Why do I feel like EA screwed TS3 with a bunch of bugs in hopes that we will switch over to The Sims 4...? :unamused:
    It's not our fault that TS4 isn't getting as much action as TS3.
    Must we be punished for staying OH-SO-FAITHFUL to The Sims 3? :weary:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    @23kels89 I feel your pain...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    @23kels89 I feel your pain...
    It's horrible, isn't it? :weary:
    And this is what EA calls...
    y5xq8.jpg

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    1_2BuckleMyShoe1_2BuckleMyShoe Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I don't know if this is a glitch or not, so sorry if it isn't. But boy do I have a problem with it...

Anyone else having issues of setting up a party? I have tried (oh gawd you have no idea how many TIMES) to set up a wedding party at a venue of a church I got from a mod. Lovely place. First time I tried it, no problem setting up the date and so on. Wedding happened. Sims got married. Nobody glitched when throwing rice and such (yay!). BUT the married couple was still marked as 'fiancé' and because of lagging...well...party was less than stellar. Oh. And the supposed 'married' sims all of a sudden started hating each other and were disgusted with the idea of any romantic interactions. And this was right outside the church. Hmm.

So I didn't save it and tried again.

Setting up the party was fine, and after I got the message that that party will start and such-and-such a time, (while my sim was still holding the phone) I saved and exited the game. Cuz, it was like 3 in the morning for me.
    Went back to the game the next day looking forward to the wedding. Well. Wedding party never happened. So I redid the party invitation. THIS TIME AND EVERY TIME AFTERWARD, I can no longer set up a wedding party at the same location for the same time. I just keep getting "Sorry! That venue isn't available at that time!"
    I'm going to break my computer.

Can ANYONE help me? Is this a glitch? I've looked up everywhere to see if I can fix it and the only helpful info I got was to restart the game. Didn't work. I even restarted the computer. Still nothing. Seriously, is this another glitch like those listed above? If it helps to know, I have all the expansion and stuff packs and this whole shindig is taking place at Midnight Falls.

What should I do? Uninstall/reinstall? What files should I save if I do this? Has anyone else had this problem? Please help...I really love this game but by gawd I hate weddings now
  • Options
    @1_2BuckleMyShoe - Re-installing is not going to make any difference there. The issue is with your ongoing save, not the program install.

The mod way: Use NRaas MasterController to reset first the wedding venue lot, then your active household.

The non-mod way: Retreat to Edit Town, bulldoze the wedding venue lot, and replace it with a copy.
    If that doesn't work, again in Edit Town, evict your household to the side of the screen. Copy their residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move your sims back in before having left the screen.

I would also suggest keeping four or five saves on hand (using Save As and rename slightly) so that it's always possible to revert a sim day or two should you need to re-play a sequence that leads to errors. In this case, you might have been able to revert to before the venue was reserved.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Another suggestion: Click on the affected venues. Then on the icon "Save to Library". You will get a notice that the interactions taking place on the lot are to be resetted, accept. If problem solved, then, just erase the lot from your library. If not, doze the lot and put your library copy atop.

@igazor In such cases, and many others, I also had great help from ErrorTrap and Overwatch. Is it true you are part of the team I should be grateful to for those?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I hate weddings now
    Reminds me the tagline for the anti-wedding protestation. "Wedding rings: Nothing but hancuffs!" (or something like it) ;)

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    @igazor In such cases, and many others, I also had great help from ErrorTrap and Overwatch. Is it true you are part of the team I should be grateful to for those?
    Not a mod developer, but I am "on staff" at NRaas so guess that would be a qualified yes?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor Well, thanks a lot! And I also believe EA should reward you all for this!

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    Do sims still die off when the town gets overpopulated?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    hepburnfan wrote: »
    Do sims still die off when the town gets overpopulated?
    They are emigrated out of town (and therefore out of the game), which isn't exactly the same as having dead sims to mourn all over the place but amounts to around the same thing in the end. EA's built-in story progression tends to get stuck/carried away with that and continues the emigration, or "culling" as some call it, needlessly.

Those who play with modded versions of story progression such as that from NRaas do not experience this unless they want to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MidoTheDuckMidoTheDuck Posts: 2 New Member
    This thread hasn't withered away yet, right?
    Long story short: Into the Future glass wall-windows flash red on one side when used in pools.

(First bug to throw off my groove, huge lag I can stand, even things taking longer than they're supposed to isn't that bad. But non-mod stuff flashing red? Nah, not taking any of that today, thank you.)
  • Options
    Long story short: Into the Future glass wall-windows flash red on one side when used in pools.

(First bug to throw off my groove, huge lag I can stand, even things taking longer than they're supposed to isn't that bad. But non-mod stuff flashing red? Nah, not taking any of that today, thank you.)

These two objects (Fields Without Fences Wall Window and Clean and Clear Wall Window) have the flashing problem when placed on a pool wall. If you are using these two objects in your pool, you'll get the flashing problem. The other Windows I've tested look fine.
  • Options

These two objects (Fields Without Fences Wall Window and Clean and Clear Wall Window) have the flashing problem when placed on a pool wall. If you are using these two objects in your pool, you'll get the flashing problem. The other Windows I've tested look fine.

A window in a pool??
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2016

A window in a pool??

edit the links wont show. Just search on youtube The sims 3 window pool
  • Options

A window in a pool??

If a Wall and Pool Wall meet, you can place a Window there. Obviously Windows can only be placed on a wall so only the pool walls will work. In TS3, you will need to place the Window first and then the Pool Light or Pool Ladder since attempting to place a Window in a Pool wall where the ladder or light is at results in Can't intersect other objects. This is a similar case if you try to place a Door on a wall that's at at the start or end of the staircase resulting in Can't intersect modular stairs but you can workaround that by placing the door first and then the stairs.

Search Google or YouTube for The Sims 3 window pool to learn more.
  • Options
    MidoTheDuckMidoTheDuck Posts: 2 New Member

Yeah, none of my other windows have anything against pools. Not even modded ones. Why I'm complaining so loudly about this, is because the earlier mentioned windows are the only ones that are very wall-like (similar in height and thickness). And they're official windows that, y'know, should work.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, none of my other windows have anything against pools. Not even modded ones. Why I'm complaining so loudly about this, is because the earlier mentioned windows are the only ones that are very wall-like (similar in height and thickness). And they're official windows that, y'know, should work.

No offence, but there are plenty other bugs that litterally make the game unplayable. I understand that the red blinking issue is unaesthetic, but I doubt it makes your game crash or hang...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg