Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compiled list of bugs in The Sims 3

Comments

• geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2015
    Is there any way to sue EA for these lists of errors that have rendered the game unplayable and their refusal to do anything about it? I've really had enough of all this garbage and haven't been able to play any game for any length of time that would be meaningful due to critical errors and constant hangups. The fact nobody from EA has addressed this topic or any other similar topic shows that they don't care and it's about time they did care if they had a lawsuit at their doorstop.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    This is not so much of a glitch, but more of a serious lag.
    While in World View, clicking on a grocery store and selecting "Sell all harvestables in inventory" and/or "Sell all fish in inventory" and if your Sim has 50 or more items in multiple stacks, it can take most of a Sim day to sell all items, yet the time freezes (and the game appears to not be responding) during the initial transaction. You're better off manually selling all the items to the store via the pop-up list and type in the amount you'd like to sell per item, because otherwise the auto-sell option sells a single item per stack at a time until all are sold....and it takes forever.

The same can be said about multiple items in the Family Inventory and selecting "Sell All" The game will appear to not be responding for a very long time until each and every item is sold. You're better off selling each item (drag and drop) one at a time.

Adding the the laggy worlds. Bridgeport (NL) can also join the list.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Is there any way to sue EA for these lists of errors that have rendered the game unplayable and their refusal to do anything about it? I've really had enough of all this garbage and haven't been able to play any game for any length of time that would be meaningful due to critical errors and constant hangups. The fact nobody from EA has addressed this topic or any other similar topic shows that they don't care and it's about time they did care if they had a lawsuit at their doorstop.

I agree. EA really didn't care about The Sims 3 despite all the glitches and issues it still contained. In fact, this thread contains loads of glitches that's present in 1.67.

Also I've added some glitches mentioned by @infoseeken
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    As listed under Base Game glitches:
    " * Sometimes when entering Build Mode, the player will be stuck with the UI glitching and no way to go back to Live Mode. The game must be exited."

Just wanted to point out that while the above is true for most occurances, sometimes it's possible to exit the glitched UI by clicking on the paused game symbol in the upper right hand corner. Doing so may take you back to Live Mode, but it doesn't work every time. It's best to try that before having to abruptly exit the game and lose any unsaved advancements.
    I have updated some bugs mentioning Mod the Sims. I wanted to link world fixes but not sure if they work with Into the Future/version 1.67
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    I have updated some bugs mentioning Mod the Sims. I wanted to link world fixes but not sure if they work with Into the Future/version 1.67
    I have used on 1.67 Sunset Valley replacement and WA fixes, and except China (Hot Springs and Dragon Springs) I haven't seen some problems with it, game runs more smoothly and takes fewer time to save. (Before it was continuous freezing - however I'm using Overwatch for the long time). I prefer to use replacements instead - than frequently wait at game unfreezing (i7, Win7-64bit, SSD and 16 GB RAM).
    (Sfortunatelly MTS page saysThe creator of this download has not logged into MTS for some time. and I'm unsure if Ellacharmed will turn to work on those world fixes.)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited May 2015
    I found a bug related to the "INTO THE FUTURE" expansion pack. If you use a sentient chip on a plumbot, then travel to present day and try to enroll them in university, and you go with others in your house, it will mess up and permanently have you stuck on the "choose a household" selection on the university map. Even though im using mods, i imagine this will probably work with vanilla verison, as it seems i don't think the mods are causing the issue, but INTO the Future and UNIVERSITY.

I found this bug can be fixed a couple ways. First, your sentient plumbot must have a "OFFICE DRONE" chip in order to go to college, since apparently, university is considered a job area. If you don't, the hangup above will happen. If you also leave it at home while all the normal human sims go to university, that will also works. I imagine the plumbot isn't supposed to go to college without the office drone chip, but it can. I posted the original bug i found here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/719217/into-the-future-bug-thread#latest

MODS I USE:

NRAAS OVERWATCH
    NRAAS ERRORTRAP

Before you report about a bug, I need you to answer the questions that are in blue.

Do you have any Mods or CC (excluding Store content)? (Answer with Yes, No, Removed). It's advised that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove the mods before reporting a bug. (I DO ..please look above.)

Do you have the DVD, Origin, or Steam version of the game? (I have retail DVD version, but i put codes on origin)

What is your Operating System? (e.g., Windows 7, Windows 8, OS X) (I play both on a Win 7 and Win 8.1 PC)

Which EPs/SPs do you have? (ALL of them)

What town are you playing on? (Island Paradisio--the one with the island paradise ep)

Are you playing a new game or an existing one? (New Game.)

BTW..i was the first one to report about witches not being able to use the quantum chamber. I posted it originally on Crinrict's bug topic.
    Post edited by Dimon6579 on
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    Issue with sending plumbot to university:

I noticed i have an issue with sending a plumbot to a university. I also see others had issues with going to university. I think the problem may have to do with the the plumbot in general, and the chips it has equipped. Im thinking that if you put a sentient chip in and not a office drone one, your plumbot will glitch out anyone going to university...not sure if anyone else thought about this, but this is something to consider. Im testing out leaving the plumbot at home while the rest of the house goes to college. Ill write down the results here of what i found.

UPDATED and POSSIBLE FIX: Going to the university without the said plumbot seemed to fix the issue. Im really confident that this issue was caused by a plumbot not having the office drone chip installed while going to college. If someone would like to reproduce it try this and see if it does the same error:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ERROR:

1. Have plumbot with sentience chip installed.
    2. Use enroll in university with plumbot and family members.
    3. Go to college.

This should reproduce the issue.

I quoted your original post and added the Plumbot bug to the list.
    I just wanted to bump this. If there's a new bug on the list, I'll add it. You're free to report existing bugs on the list.
  • dav102247dav102247 Posts: 32 New Member
    Why doesn't my launcher connect to my page I've uploaded a lot of stuff like worlds and now lots and they don't show up on my page I'm very upset with this issue. Some one please help
  • JumatsugaJumatsuga Posts: 1 New Member
    I have one solution for the Generations free vacation bug. While the adults were gone, I changed the active household and played with another family until the adults were to come home. Then I visited the family to see if the adults were there, and then I changed back to the family with free vacation issue. The adults were there, and worked normally. They had their relationships, family trees, jobs, skills and inventories just like they had before the vacation.
    Bump. Just wanted to know that I'm still viewing and updating the thread. If you have any new TS3 bugs, please mention them.
  • plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2015
    actually i have some glitches, my sims is doing weird things. i started a new file (have 2) moved my sims into mosquito cove and remolded it (just added a room under the bath) . my sim wanted to read she went upstairs got a book , went through the wall "walked" downstairs , through the door to the couch downstairs. when she had to go to the bathroom she goes upstairs twice. when she goes downstairs its usually through the floor. if she is upstairs drawing or sleeping and i go down to the bottom level shes's hanging or floating there.
    have wa, gen,amb,super.
    i have no mods and only one cc and thats a pattern.

so is their anything i can do ( have latest patch , and quite honestly ive never glitched so bad when playing sims before )
  • You missed out that in pets that if you edit a puppy in CAS it will become alien like and glitched.
  • BTW I know my username is weird, but it's true! I have long curly hair, and I play sims!
    You missed out that in pets that if you edit a puppy in CAS it will become alien like and glitched.

Thanks. I haven't of that though. I will add the bug to the list.
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    Generations
    It's believed that if a Teen ages while Grounded, they will be stuck in the Sneak walk. According to @crazyandme, teleporting outside while Grounded will cause Sims to be stuck in sneak walk.

There's a mod that might fix this. I haven't had this issue, so I'm not completely sure. Running Disease Hotfix
  • PandaBear3542PandaBear3542 Posts: 5 New Member
    Holy cow! So many glitches it's just sad we all spent the money to have a great game ( usually I do ) they should've cared alot more about sims 3 all the stuff is really good! Some cc just doesn't work and I have widows 10 it does run alot better :)
  • NodakNodak Posts: 89 Member
    Do NRAAS mods solve all of these bugs? I had no idea so many were still prevalent with 1.67.
    I noticed that it was moved back to The Sims 3 Tech Discussions.
  • ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    The Band Career is so Totally broken ... those calls just never Ever come. Unless you use Nona Mena's GigSchedulerDeluxe mod from Simlogical of course - in which case you can control them. Thank you Nona ;) It is a Super Fun Career thanks to you. The thing is - lots of peeps are still not keen on using any cc or mods. What a pity the entire game needs modding to function. EA is definitely on Santa's naughty list .. again ;)
    ❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit
    ddutoit wrote: »
    The Band Career is so Totally broken ... those calls just never Ever come. Unless you use Nona Mena's GigSchedulerDeluxe mod from Simlogical of course - in which case you can control them. Thank you Nona ;) It is a Super Fun Career thanks to you. The thing is - lots of peeps are still not keen on using any cc or mods. What a pity the entire game needs modding to function. EA is definitely on Santa's naughty list .. again ;)

I'll add that. I agree, you pretty much need mods to fix the game's issues such as the Opportunities in Into the Future. Most phone Opportunities don't work in Into the Future due to a bug but a mod fixes that.
  • QueenRiversQueenRivers Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2016
    Has anyone run into a problem in cas where the clothes or shoes on body are constantly highlighted so you can't click them when this occurred I had just gotten my new computer and reinstalled everything I'm not sure if it's specific expansion you can still mod clothing can't click directly have to use paint brush button.
  • daniel92234daniel92234 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited January 2016
    And how about the one where the firefly spawners from Showtime broke the Will O Wisp spawners from Late Night.

EDIT: another glitch: aging too soon when switching between your neighborhood and Oasis Landing after recently aging... like 2-3 days after aging...
    Post edited by daniel92234 on
  • oortjegevaloortjegeval Posts: 4 New Member
    cant get babies. will not stop giving me babies at the birth (i stopped when i reached the 35th)
    i cant adopt a kid. will be a blanco box on the left (under the rest of my family) and the one who brings the kid, doesnt dissapear either