Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims2 lifespans

bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
I just got my Sims2UC to work last night. Is there a way to stop aging like in Sims3? I didn't see anything under the options and wasn't sure where else to look. I didn't start playing Sims until Sims3 was already well in play. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2015
    Press Ctrl + shift + C to bring up the cheat box while you are in the house where you want the aging off cheat to work.

Type: aging off

and press enter

If you want to have the aging back on again bring up the cheat box and type in: aging on

Sims can get pregnant and give birth whilst the aging off cheat is in use but the baby will be ageless along with everyone else after it is born.

If you want to age kids (or anyone else) up you can put aging back on and give them a birthday, but you need to do it after 6pm or everyone else will gain a day in age too. Put the aging off cheat back again as soon as the selected Sim has grown up*

As far as I remember the aging cheat will only work for individual households, not the whole neighbourhood, so you have to type it in every time you make a new family that you don't want to grow older.

* I can't remember if you just need to take them to the birthday cake or if you need to cheat to get them to grow up. I think I used to use a cheat:

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Using that cheat you could shift click on a Sim and get a variety of options, including aging them up or down. Interesting side note - if you aged a Servo to an elder they would look human. You could then age them back to an adult if that was the age you wanted them. I had a Servo toddler once :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    thanks so much!!
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    If you are into mods look for Monique's individual aging mod at MTS but only get the local ofb one as it is the only one that still works.