Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morning sickness!

Any other mothers out there feel REALLY bad for their soon to be momma sims when they get the morning sickness moodlet...My poor sim just work up with that..i have the longer pregnancy mod so i dont know if its normal but man i feel really bad for her.

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sims are:
    1. dolls
    2. ones and zeroes

I feel nothing towards them.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Morning sickness is just like real life. Pregnant ladies tend to feel sick in some mornings. ;)

I am a man, so I do not know what pregnancy is like... And I do not want to know what it is like anyway. XD
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Sims are:
    1. dolls
    2. ones and zeroes

This is where I'm at.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    I am a man, so I do not know what pregnancy is like... And I do not want to know what it is like anyway. XD
    Colton, your avatar suggests the opposite!
    :p

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I never had morning sickness with either of my children. Guess I was lucky. When I first played and my sim went into labour, I had no idea I had to command her to have the baby. She was in labour for several days and I really started to feel bad for her.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Colton, your avatar suggests the opposite!
    :p

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I never had morning sickness with either of my children. Guess I was lucky. When I first played and my sim went into labour, I had no idea I had to command her to have the baby. She was in labour for several days and I really started to feel bad for her.

I had it bad with 2 of my 3 kids almost up to delivery with the first...
  • Options
    peoinee wrote: »
    I had it bad with 2 of my 3 kids almost up to delivery with the first...

Yeah. I've known some women that couldn't hold anything down. Feel so sorry for them.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I don't feel bad for them. Compared to RL morning sickness, they get off pretty easy if you ask me! My pregnancies were the worst!
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Really. How come their morning sickness doesn't last all day and night? Why don't they need to keep a bucket by the bed? And how come theirs goes away after the first trimester?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Morning sickness is just like real life. Pregnant ladies tend to feel sick in some mornings. ;)

Wow I thought you would know all about that subject. xD

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Really. How come their morning sickness doesn't last all day and night? Why don't they need to keep a bucket by the bed? And how come theirs goes away after the first trimester?

Because some of us are lucky enough not to ever experience that horror :p
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I was sick all day/night for the first 3 months, then it gradually decreased. I can empathize with sim mommies. It is no fun.

Or you can be like Princess Kate and be so sick, you need to be hospitalized. Having a second pregnancy and going through that kind of torture yet again as she is, seems either very brave or very desperate....

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Mylita wrote: »
    I was sick all day/night for the first 3 months, then it gradually decreased. I can empathize with sim mommies. It is no fun.

Or you can be like Princess Kate and be so sick, you need to be hospitalized. Having a second pregnancy and going through that kind of torture yet again as she is, seems either very brave or very desperate....

Mylita

I had a friend who spent most of her pregancy in the hospital. I really don't envy that.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I spent most of my first pregnancy in the hospital, and hardly able to eat anything. The second one was a breeze I worked up until 5 days before the baby was due. I do feel sorry for my poor pregnant sims I can empathise lol
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Mylita wrote: »

Mylita

Well if its not desperate it kinda makes ya feel alittle better that even the rich have the unbearable version to...

Back on topic....Ya my poor sim mommy had to clean her potty alot..if you have been threw the rough side of morning sickness you should have atleast alittle sympathy for the poor bloated sims. I mean she didnt choose to have unprotected woohoo. LOL
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    Sims are:
    1. dolls
    2. ones and zeroes

They're ones and zeros dolls meant to recreate and represent humans... There's this thing called empathy, even towards non-real things.

You should try to find it sometime.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Yeah. I've known some women that couldn't hold anything down. Feel so sorry for them.
    The toilet takes forever to clean when my sim up chucks when pregnant. To be honest I find the cleaning more annoying than anything, I had HG with our daughter and threw up several times a day from 8 weeks until she got here and ended up on a drip in hospital several times (dehydration) so you'd think I'd be more understanding but nope, the extra cleaning does my head in!
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    WHAAAAt?! My Sims don't get morning sickness. My Sim hardly even cared that she was having a baby. I haven't sat in for the whole pregnancy of any but that one. But I was really disappointed with the lack of effects her pregnancy had on her. Maybe I'll have to try again. My Sim might just not be cut out to be a momma. Lol!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Actually I always have a laugh, people calling it 'morning' sickness. It started in the morning, that much is true...
    And as for 'some' mornings, try 'all' ;)
    It lasted till the 12th week for me, after that I was fine fortunately.
    So no, I don't really feel bad for my sims, having to run to the toilet every now and then.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    none of my sims have had morning sickness .

P.S @JoxerTM22 01001001 00100000 01100001 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100101 00001010
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I didn't feel sorry for her because it barely caused her any problems at all. It was so not a bother I didn't even know she was going to have triplets. I made her cook and clean and work on her hobbies and skill and even work out on the treadmill several times so she wouldn't gain too much weight and yes, she had it a few times but no big deal. If this was the TS2 believe me I would have know this Sim was pregnant with more than one child. The pregnancy in this game doesn't matter that much. I do prefer how much trouble it is in the TS2. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    Well, before I became pregnant in real life, I was convinced that morning sickness was all in the mind and I wasn't going to let it happen to me; cut to me during my first pregnancy - and I discovered how wrong I was! So yes, absolutely I feel sorry for them, anyone who hasn't experienced pregnancy sickness themselves has absolutely no idea how wretched it is.
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I never been pregnant in my life, and I am kind of glad. Doesn't sound very fun and would probably be harder on me due to health issues. My sims got sick a few times, but they usually seem to do o.k. overall. I can't say I feel sorry for them though, they are lucky they don't have serious health issues.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I never been pregnant in my life, and I am kind of glad. Doesn't sound very fun and would probably be harder on me due to health issues. My sims got sick a few times, but they usually seem to do o.k. overall. I can't say I feel sorry for them though, they are lucky they don't have serious health issues.

Not everyone suffers from morning sickness that's a myth. Some do some don't. Some it's not so bad, and only early morning some late afternoon and some have it worse. It's just a gamble but may have a lot to do with what we eat just like acid reflux.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.