The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much Has The Sims 4 Sold Thus Far?

Comments

• Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    alfardi wrote: »
    Why did they make a camping theme gp... why don't they make missing feature gp first to please majority disappointed simmers. I expect camping gp will only last a month or less fun playing, because it will get repetitive and boring over time.

This is what I don't understand. And isn't it just a tent, some tree trunk stools and a bear NPC? I heard there wasn't even a sleeping bag.

There's got to be more. Can someone please explain to me what this camping pack even is? Like a super stuff pack? Do you get an extra town or something?

• Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »
    Why did they make a camping theme gp... why don't they make missing feature gp first to please majority disappointed simmers. I expect camping gp will only last a month or less fun playing, because it will get repetitive and boring over time.

This is what I don't understand. And isn't it just a tent, some tree trunk stools and a bear NPC? I heard there wasn't even a sleeping bag.

There's got to be more. Can someone please explain to me what this camping pack even is? Like a super stuff pack? Do you get an extra town or something?

I believe they said it was more than a SP because it has additional gameplay. Also there is the vacation destination of Granite Falls.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Because this poo was already finished before the games release. It was supposed to be part of the premium subscription you could join, but it appears they are putting that on the back burner for now, but releasing the content they had.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Well its like a new Premium World from Sims 3. They offer us a new "World" as i have seen the content tells about a new area. I would say this will be the new way of adding more life into the Sims.
    I also did read that they wanted to add a Premium Store, but well this plan is still in hiatus, because of the many complaints i guess.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

No sleeping bag? How could they leave that out?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    alfardialfardi Posts: 116 Member

I can barely do like this:

Buy the game, try and explore all the features, and then return the game. Because I believe I can explore all those features less than a day.

And because I don't see it is interesting enough to repeat camping if you have done all what can be done and reveal all the secrets lies within it.

Money back.

• Options

yes there is a neighborhood with it ( you cant really call it that, but they do) but I hear it only has 4-5 lots.....yay.....how exciting.... :\
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited January 2015

Well for me, because of what @LaAbby said - I paid $60 for this game, I'm am NOT willing to pay more for missing features. I would rather see the game just end at this point, & hope they move on to a Sims 5 with what we actually want, & the result of their not listening, firmly in mind.

ETA the not willing to pay for missing content is my opinion alone. I wasn't trying to put words in someone's mouth. :)
  • Options

It's EA.............open-mouth-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options

There is sleeping bag... in a limited edition.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

yes there is a neighborhood with it ( you cant really call it that, but they do) but I hear it only has 4-5 lots.....yay.....how exciting.... :\

I guess it makes more sense if there is a town and vacation play attached. You'd think they'd have done an amusement park/roller coaster vacation spot or something similar that simmers have wanted forever instead of camping though. We've had that in every iteration of the Sims. It's not like tents are something new and exciting. Yeah, I just don't know what to think about any of it, EA may need some outside help with TS5.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well like one SimGuru said times changes....
    We see now a ready to DLC Sims Game i guess.
    What EA and Maxis are planning is their business if they want it that way so be it. I will see what they offer and will decide if this is worth the price.
    My money is in this Sims Game and i will see what this Sims will offer me. Well right now i see no reason to invest more into this Game.
    Peace i said enough again already.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I am thinking it won't sell well either. Frankly they need to sink or swim. Either get the game together before sticking dlc down our throats or let the game die and give us a better one. I fear for the beloved toddlers frankly if we get dlc before them. I have a sinking feeling we aren't getting them. And no official discussion of an expansion pack either. We are 4 months in now, we should be hearing something right?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    gayars wrote: »
    I am thinking it won't sell well either. Frankly they need to sink or swim. Either get the game together before sticking dlc down our throats or let the game die and give us a better one. I fear for the beloved toddlers frankly if we get dlc before them. I have a sinking feeling we aren't getting them. And no official discussion of an expansion pack either. We are 4 months in now, we should be hearing something right?

Maybe they too don't feel enthusiast to continue TS4...
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    gayars wrote: »

Maybe they too don't feel enthusiast to continue TS4...

As they should be. This games feels like a bunch of amateurs worked on it. As it stands right now I'm not wasting any money on this game until they get it up to par and I really don't see them doing that so they might as well just move on and focus on the next installment.
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited January 2015
    Seriously, EA please drop Sims 4 and begin working on Sims 5. You cannot save Sims 4 and it will only end up being more trouble than it is worth. People will gripe that you stopped adding content to Sims 4 yes, but there is so much missing from Sims 4 it makes it almost impossible to salvage.

Cut your losses, and don't waste more money on Sims 4, use for Sims 5 and make the game properly with the love and care you had when you made Sims 2.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    giphy.gif
    Drop Sims 4 and give us another Sims game. Sims 4 don't have no future.
  • Options
    pandabearrox8pandabearrox8 Posts: 8 New Member
    EA will never drop TS4 it's too iconic. Too perfect. And I'll keep on buying copies even if I have to sell my own parents for money :)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The list on http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/ is interesting. It says that the Sims 1 is the best selling Sims game ever followed by the Sims 3, then the Sims Unleashed and MySims which all sold better than the Sims 2 :p
  • Options
    EA will never drop TS4 it's too iconic. Too perfect. And I'll keep on buying copies even if I have to sell my own parents for money :)

Sims 4 is about as iconic as the skid mark left in the toilet after I take a nasty angry poop.
  • Options
    pandabearrox8pandabearrox8 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @dmel25 said:
    > pandabearrox8 wrote: »
    >
    > EA will never drop TS4 it's too iconic. Too perfect. And I'll keep on buying copies even if I have to sell my own parents for money
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sims 4 is about as iconic as the skid mark left in the toilet after I take a nasty angry poop.
    TS4 is as iconic as a flirty poop on a hot summer night. I love it. All of it. I can't wait for all of the EPs :)
  • Options
    > @dmel25 said:<br />
    > pandabearrox8 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > EA will never drop TS4 it's too iconic. Too perfect. And I'll keep on buying copies even if I have to sell my own parents for money <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Sims 4 is about as iconic as the skid mark left in the toilet after I take a nasty angry poop.<br />
    TS4 is as iconic as a flirty poop on a hot summer night. I love it. All of it. I can't wait for all of the EPs :)

A flirty poop? I think I will have seen it all if I saw this.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Don't forget that in order to encourage us to buy the GP, EA has already given us a National Park lot (useless) *and* vacation days (also useless, since there's no place to go for a vacation). Yep, that came with the latest update.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    It is too obvious the game is disliked by most people... sale number proved that. Also on facebook and twitter (some comments obviously bash this game and they don't get banned XD)

If not because of those who still like the game, I don't know what to say for the future of this game :s

I mean, they have us who usually bring advices to improve this game... not only praising and don't give feedback. I have posted some threads in feedback (party inviting system, stories) and some feedback in a comment (like open neighborhood etc) but I doubt it will be only a thread/comment/text.

They had their vision and will hold it tight.
  • Options
    bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    Vacation days are actually good. If you "game-play" you can get more leisure things done. I prefer gardening than working anyway. XD
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png