Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the meaning of the "Risque question"

I'd really like to get this, what means "ask risque question"?
Just asking beacuse Eliza Pancackes uses this interaction with my sim quite often and both end up embarassed. Why?

Comments

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    Risque could be thought of as a bit naughty, usually some sort of sexual suggestion.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Risque a. masc. Hazardous; risky; esp., fig., verging upon impropriety; dangerously close to, or suggestive of, what is indecent or of doubtful morality
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    edited September 2014
    Risque is something that is slightly indecent and tends to imply a sexual component. It's typically not super bad, but if you ask it at the wrong time it could get awkward, hence the embarrassment.

So in this case asking a risque question would be asking a slightly sexy question that could be taken the wrong way if you don't know the person well enough.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I actually have no ideas of the sorts of questions they are asking. o.O
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Aah I see thanks.
    It seems asking it while running on the treadmill is considered bad timing then.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Aah I see thanks.<br />
    It seems asking it while running on the treadmill is considered bad timing then.

"Weirder Stories"

Sims deem everything appropriate in their world with that notion.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    Aah I see thanks.<br />

It's not so much the timing of the question as to how well you know the person you're asking it to. For example I can talk to my friends about all kinds of things that I wouldn't talk to strangers about.

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    Well just so, her relationship with my sim is maxed out in friendship, or almost. However, the romance bar is barely open, a "Just good friends" state. The reason I was asking was because Every other romantic interactions passed except this one. And I'm not sure why but she's the only one to use it.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    what colour is your underwear?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    JennyggJennygg Posts: 1,574 Member
    If you have to ask you are either to young or to old. B)
    hC6F85532
  • Options
    Ah so that's what she wants to know huh?
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I actually have no ideas of the sorts of questions they are asking. o.O

"Do you wanna woo hoo in my car... oh wait"
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Hello All,

First of all I'm very sorry for my English, because I'm not English speaker.

Very sorry for "necroposting" (it is an old thread), but as a new member I can"t start my own thread and I do not want to spamming pointless messages to get my points. :(

On Polish The Sims Board I started little investigation, because I recognised, that some Sims prefers specific towners. We all know, that sometimes they are best friends and Romance bar growing very slow. But with stranger guy my female Sim started Romance in a mean time! How does it works?

I discovered, that Risque question is not a random interaction. In my opinion, this is something like: „do you like what you see?” in The Sims 2, when we can check the attraction level. The reactions are different – from anger to acceptation (with voice reaction or blow kiss!). I got several couples, who ALWAYS reacted positive with blow kiss (male) and entusiastic voice reaction (female). One exeption – when they broke up, they rejected all romantic interactions (they started it autonomously), including RQ. In my opinion, they got something like „Fury” in The Sims 2, when the chemistry level was temporary set to minimum.

I've made a cuple of roommates. I tried to match their traits and aspirations (They are both artistic aspirations and traits, as I remember: both creative and music lovers, 3rd traits are different). Then I started with „Risque Question”... When it failed, I changed the girl's apperance and tried until succes. And then... They both accepted! So, I add them to my Bibliotheque and start a new game. And reaction... As you see:
    First she asked him and then he asked her. That was their first interaction:
    I am sure, that there is a hidden attraction system and (maybe) it based on:
    looks – hair color, body shape and body type, eyes maybe? I don't know, I changed my Sim look untill the second one started to dream about him (flirt with..., kiss..., even woo-hoo with...)
    skills – Maybe it is obvious, but I'm not 100% sure!
    career – I'm not sure yet, but my friends from Polish forum said, that the attraction of their Sims growing up with career level.
    Aspirations? – maybe it counts first, main aspiration, because, as we all know, we can change it during the game.

Thank you for your attention and have nice game!
    Regards
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    OMG, my mistake, I can't edit my post - I have a screen with my pair of mates, there was first minute of game, where they got nice romance bar after only two interactions: asking risque questions to one another.
    I can't post this screen beacause my newbie status. Maybe in the future. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Aah I see thanks.

Or, they don't know each other well enough.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Aah I see thanks.

They are asking the other Sim if they want to hook up/get together sexually. If you don't have a high enough romance relationshp with the other Sim it's rude and embarrasing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal @Cinebar
    Hello. :) I'm affraid, that even when the Sims know each other very well (BFF, Romance Bar on full) they can answer negative.
    RQ is, in my opinion, something like "do you know what you see" from part 2 and Sims got (I'm sure 90%) inner attraction system - when 2nd Sim is attractive, the reaction will be positive.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Well, not everybody likes to be propositioned. :open_mouth: I suppose an unflirty Sim might react negatively, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Maybe, I do not remember.
    I tested it with many Sims whole week. ;)
    I recognised, that "attractive Sims" always react positive on RQ. And there are levels of "attractivness" (is that correct? Sorry, I'm not very good in English) - some of them reacted with agression, some just stare with silly face... But on the other hand, they can nod and blow kiss with a hand. :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Aah I see thanks.

I wish we still had the "Lol" button!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Aah I see thanks.

I wish we still had the "Lol" button!

Me too :lol:

But regarding this question. I don't even bother with it now, especially if their romance is very new. Otherwise I just get a flurry of red minuses, an embarrassed moodlet for my sims and a very tense moodlet for myself.
  • Options
    @Stina1701A
    Sorry, I do not know how to write correctly...
    I was The Sims 2 player and I loved attraction system - without my help two Sims started romance and that was beautiful.
    I was very dissapointed when I realised, that in The Sims 4 I must push them by force... I find this little boring, sorry... :(
    And now I'm 90% sure, that we can make "attractive" pair in The Sims 4. My Sims started romance autonomously, male started flirting during the first or second chat with the girl (They not even been friends yet, just meet)! The husband got his wife all the time in his head, they both acting like "three bolts" pair in "2": chatting, flirting, woo-hoo'ing all day and night! Before my experiments the Sims just live together, even when they are in love they temporary interacting...

I dream about Love Expansion Pack (seriously! I can spend lots of money for this! ;P)... With clear attraction system, like in The Sims 2...
    It is annoying, because I do not know what traits/skills/aspirations/looks are matching, but seriously, I must be sure, that my Sims are made for each other. Stupid, I know... ;)