Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't take screenshots

Hi everyone!

I was hoping I could get help with taking screenshots in The Sims 4 CAS demo. I used the Print Screen button and pasted into Microsoft Paint. I got a blank image instead. Does anyone else have this problem?

My laptop is a 3 year old Dell Inspiron with Windows 7.

Comments

• Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I have Windows 8 and an old keyboard. For some reason no matter what print screen didn't work. It didn't take the screenshot. don't quite know what to do on Windows 7 since i'm used to Windows 8 now. I know on windows 8 has a snipping tool for screenshots but i'm not sure windows 7 does?

I hope someone replies and helps you out, sorry if this didn't help. You could maybe try look for a screenshot tool? I dunno, i don't know much lol. I hope you will be able to take screenshots soon! I look forward to seeing your sims :P :)
  • Options
    MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    Apparently it has something to do with full screen? That's what I heard some others saying. ^^; If it doesn't work, you could try downloading Fraps.
    sb2cck.gif
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    Go to Options (top right corner, "..." button), Game Options/Graphics, and select Windowed Fullscreen display type. Then you can take screenshots :)

This gets asked a lot so I... took a screenshot ;)

60541_140817145217windowed%20fullscreen.jpg
  • Options
    SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks very much, Srikandi 71! Same to MayIHaveACookie and Emilzydiva. I've download Fraps too and managed to screenshot through that!