Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wore it better?! ROSIEFLUXX WORE IT BEST!!!

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited April 2014
    Congrats on being allowed to stay, mhamilton!

I'm excited about the next challenge! This will be fun :D
  • Options
    wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ladydarkmoon. Im sorry i thought the fact it ws an assignment would be self explanitory as far as an elimination. Of i had put mock i could see a difference but next time i will be more clear and outright.
    Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    I know the rules say no dropping out...and I'm hoping I won't have to. However, my laptop failed about a week and a half ago. It was suppose to be fixed last week...and it wasn't. Its completely toast and until the replacement that Dell is sending arrives I have no access to the sims.

If I'm really really lucky, the laptop will arrive this week...but I'm also aware that is highly unlikely. So I can use paint to colour the dresses - but I don't really think that would work. So basically, if the replacement laptop hasn't arrived by the dateline for the assignment I'm going to have to drop out. I'm just hoping it arrives in time and that I don't have to.
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aww hun that is really bad luck hun. I hope that it comes soon. If you have some idea about what you want to do, I don't mind putting the outfit together for you. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well i hope you can contunue! Your so creative it would be a bummer to see you leave before your time. And mc you are such a sweet person always helpful and friendly!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Mcsnjb that would be AMAZING! THANK YOU!

Edits: Mcsnjb, I've posted on your page with my thoughts/plans for the outfits.

Its surprisingly hard to remember what there is when you can't see it! I guess you guys are going to be seeing a lot of my favorite patterns :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RosieFluxxRosieFluxx Posts: 1,342 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ooo I'm loving the look of assignment 2! and having to do two different styles is exciting :mrgreen: Looking forward to getting stuck into it, though it'll probs have to wait until tomorrow as I'm busy tonight. Time to think about it though! hehe.

Totally cannot wait to see what all you creative beauties come up with! :D

As far as the elimination thing goes, someone did ask on page 3 (I think it was) if it was an elimination contest and was answered there as 'yes it is'.

Aerlinniel, I hope you get your laptop soon! But you have plenty of people here to help you if it doesn't arrive in time, Mcsnjb has already offered and I certainly would help too if it came to it :-) but fingers are crossed for you getting your laptop!
    dec7bd7e-5d9d-47af-8ab4-5d5e68212e68_zps1731c338.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I will check it out now hun. If you are ever unsure about the patterns, I can take some screenshots of them and you could let me know which one.

I'm glad I can help. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I just want to firstly state i cpuld not ask for a better group of designersyou guys are really going to make this comp!

Secondly i cant wait too see your designs!!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    wildtessa wrote:
    Ladydarkmoon. Im sorry i thought the fact it ws an assignment would be self explanitory as far as an elimination. Of i had put mock i could see a difference but next time i will be more clear and outright.

just a thought from a lurker

the 5 hours to respond.... it a very short time on a international forum. Considering peopel could just have gone to bed when you posted that.... maybe give people 24 hours to respond next time? my self usally use the 48 hour respond rule so all gets a chance, but thats just what I over time found to be my best compromise between wanting a flow and giving time.

I had an idea it was an elimination thing (but wasn't sure) so yes that could maybe be cleare...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for the offer RosieFluxx! I may take you up on that for a later entry (if I survive this round).

Thanks mcsnjb! I really really appreciate this! If I survive this round I may take you up on the offer to screen shot some of the patterns.

Thank you guys! You made me smile in the middle of all the craziness with my laptop that you're kind enough to offer so that I can keep trying with this. Just thank you!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Honestly hun it is no bother. My computer broke a little while ago and I know how frustrating it can be while you are waiting for it to return. :) I am more than happy to help out for as long as you need me too. I will pull your outfit together now, and I will put some pics up on your page to decide whether or not you like it. If you don't like anything, feel free to tell me, I don't care if I have to go in game and change it a 100 times, it is more important to me that you are happy with what is created. :) I don't want you to be eliminated, because the shade of blue I had used wasn't the one you had in mind. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    wildtessa wrote:

just a thought from a lurker

the 5 hours to respond.... it a very short time on a international forum. Considering peopel could just have gone to bed when you posted that.... maybe give people 24 hours to respond next time? my self usally use the 48 hour respond rule so all gets a chance, but thats just what I over time found to be my best compromise between wanting a flow and giving time.

I had an idea it was an elimination thing (but wasn't sure) so yes that could maybe be cleare...

Next time i will give them longer, i had not consider this.

And as mentionted earlier I thought it was a question addressed on page 2 or 3 xnext contest i will have to make a question post as well as clarify which i posted info and a entry form even though some chose not to read everything (i did not hold it against anyone yet. But this assignment i will be correcting everyone.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bump for some assignments
  • Options
    BlackZanieBlackZanie Posts: 568 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Bump for some critiques on assignment 1 ? :mrgreen::wink:
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited April 2014
    wildtessa HEYYYOO! I've been experimenting with this assignments' dress, but I need more inspiration. I really want to make a great dress, so i want my assignment to be perfect! i will continue to work on it, and hopefully I can pull of that 'wow factor' that mine missed the first round!

• Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited April 2014
    Heres mine! (Ive split the entry form up to accommodate)

I inspiration for this was the summer, full of flowers and colours. So I made sure to bright and bold and make sure the colours also have of the heat of the season!

Everyday wear,

Screenshot-268_zpsee5a8f9b.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-269_zps78b68dd7.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-274_zps9ff0c682.jpg"width=500"

link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8163187

Next one in the post below (didn't want too many pictures in 1 post)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The inspirtaion for this design was "DRESS TO IMPRESS". Because if you want sate number 2, you gotta leave them wanting more right?

So the strong colours and pattern are their to catch your eyes and using the tights to soften the blow makes, the tights also turn the dress into a less fleshy one (gotta keep them legs for date 2)

Date wear,

Screenshot-270_zps10a40432.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-271_zps706f8040.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-272_zps6560f7a5.jpg"width=500"

link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8163186
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Argh! Been having so much fun with this one that I've actually got several to choose from now and I feel stuck which to go for!

HELP! :lol:

For the everyday wear I don't know whether to go for my rather casual summery look or to go for my really bold 'thinking outside the box' outfit which could be a bit of a risk :? So I'm stuck...

Gonna take pics for both and see if I'm more drawn to either one.

Think I'm sorted for the date look though :D

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your two outfits look very nice aitkens08 :) Great summery feel of the everyday clothing , which look nice, sunny and cheerful. Nice floral pattern that you have used and the colours look nice. The yellow sandals are great to wear on a summer's day with the dress. Very nice photo of the sim in the midst of the flowers.
    Great colours and pattern that you have used for the date clothing wear. :) The pattern stands out and the black tights look great with the dress. The outfit looks great with the colour of the models hair. The colour of the shoes looks great combined with the colours of the dress and then the black of the tights .
    Great outfits :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Your two outfits look very nice aitkens08 :) Great summery feel of the everyday clothing , which look nice, sunny and cheerful. Nice floral pattern that you have used and the colours look nice. The yellow sandals are great to wear on a summer's day with the dress. Very nice photo of the sim in the midst of the flowers.
    Great colours and pattern that you have used for the date clothing wear. :) The pattern stands out and the black tights look great with the dress. The outfit looks great with the colour of the models hair. The colour of the shoes looks great combined with the colours of the dress and then the black of the tights .
    Great outfits :)

thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nope... I've taken pictures and I'm loving both haha. Think I'm gonna sleep on it and have a fresh look tomorrow.

What do you guys think? Take a risk or play it safer?

hmmmmm *ponders*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Diggin that look! Very original! <3 Cant wait to see more
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Daytime Wear

Name of clothing:
    Daytime Floral

Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8164399

Tell us what you did darling!

I wanted to use a floral pattern for this dress that wasn't over powering. The pastel colours are perfect for spring time, which makes the dress brilliant for going out in, for a coffee with friends or a stroll around the park. The matching stockings give it a stylish edge.

Photos

CAS Photos

v8gf4o.jpg

In-game Photos

r949w2.jpg

Recolour for stockings - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8164401

Evening Wear

Name of clothing:
    Evening Floral

Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8164396

Tell us what you did darling!

I wanted to stick to the floral theme so that my outfits seemed cohesive. However, I felt like this outfit should have a little more sparkle to it, so I used the silver in the flowers. I paired it with stockings that have little rhinestones on to give it extra flare. :)

Photos

CAS Photos

11r6a81.jpg

In-game Photos

qpnw5h.jpg

Recolour link to Stockings - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8164398

Hope you like it. :)