Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I definitely see the same Sim that's highlighted in alexspoom13's post. And I think that's a right arm flexed at the elbow. The person is definitely crafting something. And I think more and more that it's a flower arranging station.

I see that Sim too. It looks like a person sculpting a glass vase (shaped like a big cat :lol: )
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    edited January 2014
    Krisha880 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I definitely see the same Sim that's highlighted in alexspoom13's post. And I think that's a right arm flexed at the elbow. The person is definitely crafting something. And I think more and more that it's a flower arranging station.

I see that Sim too. It looks like a person sculpting a glass vase (shaped like a big cat :lol: )

Glass v 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shaped like animals or other shapes would be awesome.
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited January 2014
    Everyones ideas are so exciting, I'm having so much fun with this.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited January 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^
    I think that fuzziness are base cabinets with made-up flower arrangements on them. Those are boxes of flowers in the foreground.

This is my favourite idea so far. But only if we get stained glass and can also grow the flowers then pick them for display. We can already do that to a point with the wildflowers. I occasionally put wildflowers my Sim has picked onto tables in the house. They get a simple little vase when you do that.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2014
    It's interesting how we'll all highlighting different shapes. :D Personally though I still strongly believe this Sim is sculpting a pot:

Pottery2_zpsf2ee1505.jpg

Not sure of course but do you see that bright orange/yellow ball above the sim, looks like a pole underneath it? This is the reason why I think it's glassblowing plus the bright yellow squares seems to be the furnaces. The blue, yellow, magenta the color shards? Well that's what I see anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xb48Y6EdA
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The thing about the Sims 3 is it's currently missing roses so if we can get these with flower making I'm all for it. There is no wild flower roses.

Now if you have generations sims can buy flowers to give at the grocery store or they can do that automatically but those arn't roses even though there is a red flower.

Also if you want to use one on the table they have to be givin to the sim or the sim has to buy them at the grocery store.

Edit
    I wonder if we get a flower maker if it would let us make the black sunflowers and black roses from Midnight Hollow.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited January 2014
    That's the contradiction isn't it? We ask for patches to fix our game. Then when the patch is released we don't install it in case it breaks our game. It's a lose lose situation! :lol:

Well, I do very much want the ToP fixed; it is one of my favorite PC items and I used it in every town I've played in since it came out. But it was causing me crippling lag so I had to uninstall it.

My problem now is that I can't play my game without Twallan's mods, literally. Without his mods I would have had to abandon Sims 3 back when Pets came out(maybe earlier). So I am stuck now with wanting a fix but needing my mods.

And then considering all the things that were supposedly fixed in previous patches that really were not and the way patches tend to fix some things but then break others, and then comparing that to Twallan's mods which really do 'fix' so many of the glitches and issues in the game, it really becomes a no-brainer decision. In the end, I trust Twallan's coding over EA's.

I think the biggest disappointment with this last patch for most people is that it really fixed so little. And there is so much broken with the game.

You know ToP is fixed in one of twallan's mods...I forget which one, overwatch probably.

Everyone who wants to see whats going on with the mods, whats working, whats not etc. All that info can still be found at his wiki. The silver lining of a sad tiny patch is that apparently it didn't break much.

Also I now want to guess we're getting glass blowing or pottery or something.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    What is this ToP everyone keeps talking about?
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2014
    What is this ToP everyone keeps talking about?

Tree of prosperity
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to Nathaniel on SimsVIP I have had a little play with the blurred version and now I'm pretty sure I see a Sim in white overalls and a black tshirt, sculpting a large vase and working on a kiln.

Pottery_zps5f56f965.jpg

I agree with this!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't the ToP fixed in this latest patch just released? I thought I saw that it fixed the tree of prosperity.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to Nathaniel on SimsVIP I have had a little play with the blurred version and now I'm pretty sure I see a Sim in white overalls and a black tshirt, sculpting a large vase and working on a kiln.

Pottery_zps5f56f965.jpg

I agree with this!

me too! I couldn't see the catwalk. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Please gurus give us another picture tomorrow before the weekend. I"m begging you.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited January 2014
    I so hope it's glass blowing.
    It's a brilliant idea & of all the things the store might offer, unexpected.
    When I was 11, there was a 2 week installation of live glass blowing at the local museum.
    I went there with my little sister several times a week to watch them blow glass for hours.
    It was like magic; to watch them create such beautiful objects from fire & sand.
    My world of Sims needs a bit of that magic :D

Edit: The color blocks(blue,yellow,red) at the bottom represent primary printing colors.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think pottery or glass blowing (and perhaps jewelry) is quite likely, the background REALLY looks like stained-glass windows. I would LOVE some decent stained glass window decor.

I think whatever it is I will enjoy it.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well, I do very much want the ToP fixed; it is one of my favorite PC items and I used it in every town I've played in since it came out. But it was causing me crippling lag so I had to uninstall it.

My problem now is that I can't play my game without Twallan's mods, literally. Without his mods I would have had to abandon Sims 3 back when Pets came out(maybe earlier). So I am stuck now with wanting a fix but needing my mods.

And then considering all the things that were supposedly fixed in previous patches that really were not and the way patches tend to fix some things but then break others, and then comparing that to Twallan's mods which really do 'fix' so many of the glitches and issues in the game, it really becomes a no-brainer decision. In the end, I trust Twallan's coding over EA's.

I think the biggest disappointment with this last patch for most people is that it really fixed so little. And there is so much broken with the game.

You know ToP is fixed in one of twallan's mods...I forget which one, overwatch probably.

Everyone who wants to see whats going on with the mods, whats working, whats not etc. All that info can still be found at his wiki. The silver lining of a sad tiny patch is that apparently it didn't break much.

Thanks! I knew OW was updated to try to take care of it, but even afterwards I was still getting lag (just not as bad). It helped a lot but I decided to uninstall the ToP to see if that would help and it did so I left it uninstalled.

The issue did not effect everyone to the same degree. Some people never had a problem with it, others couldn't play their game. I actually had the lag from it before the ITF patch, but I really do(did) use the ToP in every town and usually on my home lot as well. I was relieved after the patch when other people starting having it too (though sorry other people had to deal with it) as I had been trying to fix it all summer and could barely play my game at all. I was relieved that the cause was discovered finally! I never would have thought of uninstalling LL or the ToP on my own. :shock:
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    4h8aki_zps5072a251.jpg

WHAT STANDS OUT IN MY EYES...
    1. lady hair pulled back
    2. something in hand...smelling something/ or cooking / or mixing in a bowl
    3. I see the sky clouds above
    4. a table with lots of things colorful on it < gift boxes..cakes..clothes..flowers>
    5. an out door lamp post with a round ball globe
    6.a stain glass or bakery items or mix of colorful flower arrangements and a railing or a cooling case/fridge you can see through
    7. a candle holder with two candle sticks(large}/ or juice/coffee/ cider tab or It's two door handles to open something with and over head roof grass hut like
    8.I see her in a fur coat or maybe a some that wraps around or could be an apron
    9. I see lots of things around her ..crafts..clutter..flowers or bakery items
    10.I see glasses.. vase...or something metal
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't the ToP fixed in this latest patch just released? I thought I saw that it fixed the tree of prosperity.

They said it is fixed, but as I was having the issue before ITF, I am not convinced it will be fixed for me. Besides, they were supposed to have fixed the whole sims spinning while walking through a doorway but mine still do it. So I'll wait until my mods are all updated before I even think of patching.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,620 Member
    edited January 2014
    brsy wrote:
    4h8aki_zps5072a251.jpg

WHAT STANDS OUT IN MY EYES...
    1. lady hair pulled back
    2. something in hand...smelling something/ or cooking / or mixing in a bowl
    3. I see the sky clouds above
    4. a table with lots of things colorful on it < gift boxes..cakes..clothes..flowers>
    5. an out door lamp post with a round ball globe
    6.a stain glass or bakery items or mix of colorful flower arrangements and a railing or a cooling case/fridge you can see through
    7. a candle holder with two candle sticks(large}/ or juice/coffee/ cider tab or It's two door handles to open something with and over head roof grass hut like
    8.I see her in a fur coat or maybe a some that wraps around or could be an apron
    9. I see lots of things around her ..crafts..clutter..flowers or bakery items
    10.I see glasses.. vase...or something metal

I see all these things too! =D
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Dazzle paint was used to obscure the outline of WWII ships. The screen shot is what is dazzled not the item. It looks like a Japanese woman sitting on a mat to have tea. With two ears of corn on the wall behind her. CORN.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,620 Member
    edited January 2014
    Dazzle paint was used to obscure the outline of WWII ships. The screen shot is what is dazzled not the item. It looks like a Japanese woman sitting on a mat to have tea. With two ears of corn on the wall behind her. CORN.

I see this too! I hope you're right!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Actually she appears to be playing a biwa japanese lute.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    Pottery_zps5f56f965.jpg

In this image I can totally see what my Son sees... A Japanese lady :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    kburns421kburns421 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    It's interesting how we'll all highlighting different shapes. :D Personally though I still strongly believe this Sim is sculpting a pot:

Pottery2_zpsf2ee1505.jpg

Not sure of course but do you see that bright orange/yellow ball above the sim, looks like a pole underneath it? This is the reason why I think it's glassblowing plus the bright yellow squares seems to be the furnaces. The blue, yellow, magenta the color shards? Well that's what I see anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xb48Y6EdA

I can see the sim when it's outlined like that, but as soon as I look without the outline, it looks like a female sim facing to the left with brown hair again. So I don't know. But when I looked up glass blowing pictures, I also thought it looked like that yellow ball.

I keep coming back to the thread because some of the guesses are cracking me up, but I don't even know what I see in the picture anymore.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    That's what I see, a sim doing glass blowing:

blowing.png